The rescheduled PlayStation 5 Event/Date

G_K

-Moved to Console gaming-

Simply posting a youtube video does NOT meet the tech news posting guidelines

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

The PS5s issue will be its throttling and devs hating it. Oh and no backwards compatibility. 

this.jpg

6 hours ago, GAMING KNIBBSE said:

this.jpg

And the PS3 and 2? The consoles most people who will get a PS5 don't have? Sony screwed themselves with the PS3 having a stupid architecture.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

15 hours ago, CatCloud said:

Welp, its out now... And it looks awful, sport car like. In terms of design id say xbox won with there simple tower box. 

Doesn't look any worse than the majority of "gaming" PCs.

3 hours ago, Ertman said:

I agree that this looks better than most prebuilts, all that horrible, non-controllable rgb vomit. 

20 hours ago, CatCloud said:

Welp, its out now... And it looks awful, sport car like. In terms of design id say xbox won with there simple tower box. 

12631746939ed350b51fe1d69b939b37.png

It'd gonna be a nightmare to fit in a TV console, Upright it's tall and sideways it's not level... 

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

It'd gonna be a nightmare to fit in a TV console, Upright it's tall and sideways it's not level... 

Untitled.jpg

3 minutes ago, GAMING KNIBBSE said:

Untitled.jpg

That's the all digital one not the one with a disk drive 

Just now, Lord Vile said:

That's the all digital one not the one with a disk drive 

playstation-5-side.png

Just now, GAMING KNIBBSE said:

playstation-5-side.png

yeah that looks stupid as hell, why do you need a stand to have your console flat? 

I wonder if/when they do an update that they will provide a version that is more traditional in looks to typical home theatre equipment.

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

why does it matter if its level? probably isnt the best idea to stack them.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, Lord Vile said:

And the PS3 and 2? The consoles most people who will get a PS5 don't have? Sony screwed themselves with the PS3 having a stupid architecture.

There has been a surprising number of commenters that have said how stupid Sony has been making a PC based console, and how consoles should stick to their strengths (whatever that means).

11 hours ago, Ertman said:

There has been a surprising number of commenters that have said how stupid Sony has been making a PC based console, and how consoles should stick to their strengths (whatever that means).

Well the PS3 Cell was stupidly powerful it was just an arse to develop for. Some late 1st party PS3 games looked stellar. 

12 hours ago, Ertman said:

I wonder if/when they do an update that they will provide a version that is more traditional in looks to typical home theatre equipment.

why does it matter if its level? probably isnt the best idea to stack them.

I’m not talking about stacking them I’m talking about it fitting into a TV cabinet where most consoles actually go. Plus rumours of poor cooling (which look justified) doesn’t fill me with confidence.

This thread sounds like pc gamers are butthurt that the pc will be holding back game development now. Oh no they made something unique! Oh no it's got a new look! Lol 

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I’m not talking about stacking them I’m talking about it fitting into a TV cabinet where most consoles actually go. Plus rumours of poor cooling (which look justified) doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Right, but you were complaining about it being level, if they have a stand for it to go on its side, it"should" fit in tv cabinet.

I am not going to pay much attention to the "poor cooling" rumours, as they are just rumours and this console design was just announced, rumours can't carry much weight at this point. Its likely people just applying the PS4 cooling issues to this. However, I don't completely disagree with the cooling being an issue, Sony in their tech briefing sounded like they are very much going to be managing power and I think this also is included for cooling.

5 hours ago, Tamgam12 said:

This thread sounds like pc gamers are butthurt that the pc will be holding back game development now. Oh no they made something unique! Oh no it's got a new look! Lol 

PC still won't be holding back game development, if anything the new consoles will lead to a small jump. Sure they can still turn down some effects for lower end hardware, but there will likely be a bump in minimum specs.

46 minutes ago, Ertman said:

Right, but you were complaining about it being level, if they have a stand for it to go on its side, it"should" fit in tv cabinet.

I am not going to pay much attention to the "poor cooling" rumours, as they are just rumours and this console design was just announced, rumours can't carry much weight at this point. Its likely people just applying the PS4 cooling issues to this. However, I don't completely disagree with the cooling being an issue, Sony in their tech briefing sounded like they are very much going to be managing power and I think this also is included for cooling.

Well we know the spec and we know it will boost but can't sustain it and will be clocked lower than the Xbox, the design looks very, lets say not optimal for cooling. 

The stand also raises it though and doesn't look super sturdy. 

If it was in black it would look like a router 

256111781_MEMEGK.thumb.jpg.34c1c4f741a79602a80b31b24494c43b.jpg

On 6/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, Ertman said:

I Wouldn't know, not seen one since early 2000 and those optimus prime looking cases. 

And the ps5 lacks rgbs and dragons for it to be e-sporty. 

On a different note, they said its customizable... Whatever that means, maybe like the xbox 360 where you can swap the outer shell, maybe it's just colors.. Time will tell.