Budget CPU help

Good cpu for gaming under £200? Currently, I am looking at Ryzen 5 3600 and Ryzen 3 3300X. To pair with Tomahawk Max and a 5700XT

3600 is a good choice

1 minute ago, DarkAavenger777 said:

ok

why not the 3300x

more cores and more threads. I don't know what you are going to use it for though so 3300x is still a good option

3300x has identical gaming performance to the 3600 because of the single CCX layout, but the 3600 still leads in productivity, although not by as much as you'd think. Still, it's on sale most places for $160 or whatever that is in British Pesos

3 hours ago, Berkomeister said:

it's am4 so yeah

But pc part part picker says it needs a bios update and can i do that with the same processor i will be using?

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

You can but that board is a bit overpriced. Wait for B550 and get an ASRock B550 Pro4

pc part part picker says it needs a bios update and can i do that with the same processor i will be using?

1 hour ago, DarkAavenger777 said:

pc part part picker says it needs a bios update and can i do that with the same processor i will be using?

Almost all B450 boards come updated but in case you're super worried, just ask the store in an email or in the notes of the order. 99% of stores update the BIOS for free.

31 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Almost all B450 boards come updated but in case you're super worried, just ask the store in an email or in the notes of the order. 99% of stores update the BIOS for free.

Also if the store does not update the bios, AMD does offer a short term boot kit through their rma service that loans out an Athlon 200ge to update the bios, as long as you send it back with the prepaid shipping its free, might be a deposit but I'm not sure.

13 minutes ago, js23 said:

Also if the store does not update the bios, AMD does offer a short term boot kit through their rma service that loans out an Athlon 200ge to update the bios, as long as you send it back with the prepaid shipping its free, might be a deposit but I'm not sure.

It's free yes. Just takes a week's time total. But that's a very small chance. Almost all boards are updated since Zen 2 has been out for a whole year

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's free yes. Just takes a week's time total. But that's a very small chance. Almost all boards are updated since Zen 2 has been out for a whole year

True, but it is a good backup to have just in case you get old stock.