My Intel VS AMD thoughts (What do you think?) (Unbiased as I can be)

One thing I don't understand is, why do so many people shit on Intel? I see so many people recommending AMD processors for strictly gaming builds. I've heard people say, 5 more frames for 80% more cost. Though, there are so many Intel processors that outperform AMD in games. Also, I get it, If you do tasks like editing and other multi core workstation things, go for AMD, cause they outshine Intel in that regard, but right now I'm talking pure games, which is what many people build custom computers for (Note I'm saying many and not all). Take the i3-9100F in consideration. Its only $70 (US), comparing that to a Ryzen 5 3600 which is $167 (US), and they compare within a couple frames on games. Not to mention the i5-9600k which outperforms the Ryzen 9 3900X in games by a dozen or more frames, with being less than half the cost. Another thing that I hear is when a new Intel CPU comes out, its barely faster than its predecessor. The i5-9600 is 5% faster compared to its predecessor (I5-8600), while on Ryzen, The Ryzen 5 3600 is 8% faster than its predecessor (Ryzen 5 2600). Its a small difference in performance across generations for each brand. I used non-overclockable processors to help get base performance and not have the results skewed by overclocks. While Intel does do some shitty things like making you buy a new motherboard when a new series of processors come out even if its the same socket (though if you are upgrading, most of the time you can flash the bios to support newer ones, or some motherboards support USB bios flashing). I can agree, that is an annoying thing, and I get why people complain about that. Intel should allow newer processors to work with older boards on the same socket. One thing that I keep seeing, is people fanboying companies and shitting on everything that isn't made by their preferred company (Applies to both Intel and AMD), when you should buy a product based on how good it is for your needs, and not what brand manufactured it. I try not to be biased about this stuff. I prefer Intel, but that's cause it suits my workload well, and my i5-9600k gives me insane performance when overclocked to 5.2GHz. Something that we can all agree on though, is that Intel needs to retire 14nm and move on to 10nm. I noticed people really like to argue about how AMD is on a smaller architecture, like it makes an insane different on the performance of the processor, but it doesn't make that big of a deal. Yes, an improvement is still an improvement that AMD is doing better on, and I agree with that, but its not a deal-breaker. That's all and my rant is over now. Whats your opinion on this subject?

I'm sorry 

I'm not going to read this 

It's not structured well and there is no spaces between anything lmao 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, GarbageCompactor said:

Take the i3-9100F in consideration.

ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x will outperform it by miles.

. Not to mention the i5-9600k which outperforms the Ryzen 9 3900X in games by a dozen or more frames, with being less than half the cost

usually people like to stream too not only game. ryzen 5 3600 is better streamer than 9600k cause it has more threads to use. and ryzen 5 3600 has better 1% and 0.1% lows than 9600k since it has 6 more threads again.

The Ryzen 5 3600 is 8% faster than its predecessor

?? it is much faster than that.

ther intel 10th gen is pretty good. the 10600k is the best cpu for gamign right now.

ryzen 3 3100 and 3300x have 4c/8t while intel offering in similar price are 4c/4t ot 6c/6t. yes 3300x beats 9400f and 9500 but loses to overclockable intel cpus.

3300x is the best value for budget/low mid range gaming builds. 

ryzen 5 3600 is pretty nice if you do other than game. if you plan to stream or work and game i prefer 3600 over 9600k/9700 since it has much more threads. if your plan is to oinyl game 10600k is the best cpu you can get. but if you plan to stream with budget that you cant get 10600k then you should get the ryzen 5 3600.

now ryzen 7 3700x is one of the best bang for the buck cpus for gaming and streaming. i would take it over 9700k if i would stream and game at the same time. if i only plan to game i would get the 10600k

ryzen 9 3900x is very good for the price 400-430 dollars. it has 12c/24t making it one of the best rendering/treaming/working and gaming cpus out there. but with the budget for onyl gaming i would get 10900k otherwise i owuld get the 3900x

Yes, i have dyslexia please pardon me.

3850x is not meant for gaming. it has 16c/32t. but it is grat cpu for working etc for only 700 dollars.

If i would only game i would get 3300x (lower budget) or 10600k (higher budget). otherwise i prefer AMD

Edited by SavageNeo

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

11 minutes ago, GarbageCompactor said:

One thing I don't understand is, why do so many people shit on Intel? I see so many people recommending AMD processors for strictly gaming builds. I've heard people say, 5 more frames for 80% more cost. Though, there are so many Intel processors that outperform AMD in games. Also, I get it, If you do tasks like editing and other multi core workstation things, go for AMD, cause they outshine Intel in that regard, but right now I'm talking pure games, which is what many people build custom computers for (Note I'm saying many and not all). Take the i3-9100F in consideration. Its only $70 (US), comparing that to a Ryzen 5 3600 which is $167 (US), and they compare within a couple frames on games. Not to mention the i5-9600k which outperforms the Ryzen 9 3900X in games by a dozen or more frames, with being less than half the cost. Another thing that I hear is when a new Intel CPU comes out, its barely faster than its predecessor. The i5-9600 is 5% faster compared to its predecessor (I5-8600), while on Ryzen, The Ryzen 5 3600 is 8% faster than its predecessor (Ryzen 5 2600). Its a small difference in performance across generations for each brand. I used non-overclockable processors to help get base performance and not have the results skewed by overclocks. While Intel does do some shitty things like making you buy a new motherboard when a new series of processors come out even if its the same socket (though if you are upgrading, most of the time you can flash the bios to support newer ones, or some motherboards support USB bios flashing). I can agree, that is an annoying thing, and I get why people complain about that. Intel should allow newer processors to work with older boards on the same socket. One thing that I keep seeing, is people fanboying companies and shitting on everything that isn't made by their preferred company (Applies to both Intel and AMD), when you should buy a product based on how good it is for your needs, and not what brand manufactured it. I try not to be biased about this stuff. I prefer Intel, but that's cause it suits my workload well, and my i5-9600k gives me insane performance when overclocked to 5.2GHz. Something that we can all agree on though, is that Intel needs to retire 14nm and move on to 10nm. I noticed people really like to argue about how AMD is on a smaller architecture, like it makes an insane different on the performance of the processor, but it doesn't make that big of a deal. Yes, an improvement is still an improvement that AMD is doing better on, and I agree with that, but its not a deal-breaker. That's all and my rant is over now. Whats your opinion on this subject?

People love to shit on intel because it it is the popular thing to do right now. There's a lot of bandwagon love for AMD, and a lot of people see them as the savior of affordable PC's. They think that AMD brought back competition within the market (which is true), and as such want to buy their products.

The PC community as a whole doesn't have much love for intel, as they have had issues with stagnation. Quad cores were the high end products for a decade. When AMD showed up, suddenly consumer grade processors were skyrocketing in core count. 

However, I agree with you. AMD's processors are geared towards content creation, not necessarily gaming. Intel still beats them at that. Considering most people don't utilize any multi-threaded workloads, the logical thing to do is recommend intel. But again, people are fanboying over AMD right now.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

1 minute ago, jtmoseley said:

people are fanboying over AMD right now.

That's not necessarily true lmao 

People recommend AMD because even in single threaded latency got to the point where it got minimized and it's not a problem any more

The imc got better 

THE FCLK is alot better 

The ipc count is just BETTER in every way in AMD

And it's cheaper that's something compelling to everyone

It makes sense that people LOVE amd today and hate Intel 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

usually people like to stream too not only game. ryzen 5 3600 is better streamer than 9600k cause it has more threads to use. and ryzen 5 3600 has better 1% and 0.1% lows than 9600k since it has 6 more threads again.

ther intel 10th gen is pretty good. the 10600k is the best cpu for gamign right now.

ryzen 3 3100 and 3300x have 4c/8t while intel offering in similar price are 4c/4t ot 6c/6t. yes 3300x beats 9400f and 9500 but loses to overclockable intel cpus.

ryzen 5 3600 is pretty nice if you do other than game. if you plan to stream or work and game i prefer 3600 over 9600k/9700 since it has much more threads. if your plan is to oinyl game 10600k is the best cpu you can get. but if you plan to stream with budget that you cant get 10600k then you should get the ryzen 5 3600.

now ryzen 7 3700x is one of the best bang for the buck cpus for gaming and streaming. i would take it over 9700k if i would stream and game at the same time. if i only plan to game i would get the 10600k

ryzen 9 3900x is very good for the price 400-430 dollars. it has 12c/24t making it one of the best rendering/treaming/working and gaming cpus out there. but with the budget for onyl gaming i would get 10900k otherwise i owuld get the 3900x

3850x is not meant for gaming. it has 16c/32t. but it is grat cpu for working etc for only 700 dollars.

If i would only game i would get 3300x (lower budget) or 10600k (higher budget). otherwise i prefer AMD

Intel's 10th gen is looking really good. Its a shame the OP ignored it. Every 10th gen intel processor from i3 to i9 uses hyperthreading. 

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

People recommend AMD because even in single threaded latency got to the point where it got minimized and it's not a problem any more

The imc got better 

THE FCLK is alot better 

The i3-10100 is $120, same as the ryzen 3300x. And for all intents and purposes it performs effectively the same in the benchmarks I saw.

You're kinda fanboying if you can't see that they are more or less the same now that 10th gen has released. IPC count might be better, but intel still wins in clock speed. It evens it out.

Anyways I have an AMD processor so you *shouldn't* get that mad at me. I'm just saying that it is kinda dumb to act like AMD is some sort of godlike company. 

You're kinda fanboying

I am ? Lmao 

I'm not saying Intel makes bad cpu's

I'm saying they make bad value cpu's 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Intel's 10th gen is looking really good. Its a shame the OP ignored it. Every 10th gen intel processor from i3 to i9 uses hyperthreading. 

I ignored it because there aren't too many benchmarks of them out right now, and I figured it'd be best to since the benchmarks wouldn't be that accurate on performance.

I am ? Lmao 

And I just said that for all intents and purposes they are equivalent now. The 3300x = i3-10100. Both are $120. Both are 4 core 8 threads. You're acting like AMD is somehow better when in reality they offer *very* similar products. For *very* similar prices. And high end intel still beats high end amd in gaming.

1 minute ago, GarbageCompactor said:

I ignored it because there aren't too many benchmarks of them out right now, and I figured it'd be best to since the benchmarks wouldn't be that accurate on performance.

That's fair, but you aren't giving intel credit for their current processors by only counting last gen. Full lineup hyperthreading is a big deal.

But anyways I agree with your final opinion.

Just now, jtmoseley said:

For *very* similar prices. And high end intel still beats high end amd in gaming.

By what 5% at best ? Lmao 

People use their PC's for more than "gAMIng" also no not very similar price 

The 3600 is 175 it's competition is the 10600k and that's what like 225 or so ?

And don't you fucking dare say that the 10400 is the competitor to the 3600 because it literally is so close to the 3300x 

And the 3900x is around 350ish compared to the 10900k which is 200 dollars more expensive

Check your numbers again

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

And I just said that for all intents and purposes they are equivalent now. The 3300x = i3-10100. Both are $120. Both are 4 core 8 threads. You're acting like AMD is somehow better when in reality they offer *very* similar products. For *very* similar prices. And high end intel still beats high end amd in gaming.

i3 is locked.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

i3 is locked.

YES 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

i3 is locked.

How does that impact anything? AMD processors are effectively locked. The auto overclocking software on motherboards pushes them to their limits anyways. I personally was unable to get any more performance out of my 3900x from overclocking because the motherboard does it well anyways.

Intel pushes their CPU's similarly. You just can't expect to get 10% more performance from overclocking anymore. Especially on budget parts with cheaper silicon.

My 2c:

Intel pros:

Better gaming

Better overclocking

Generally more mature technology

Generally more stable

Better resale

Intel cons:

Slower at multithreading 

Locked chips not great

More expensive

More heat

More security flaws

Less upgradability

AMD pros:

Better multithreading

Lower price and almost as good at gaming

Upgradability

Comes with decent cooling

Less security flaws

AMD cons:

Slower at gaming

Limited overclocking

Generally less mature technology

Generally less stable

Users often upgrades more frequently than needed

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

How does that impact anything? AMD processors are effectively locked. The auto overclocking software on motherboards pushes them to their limits anyways. I personally was unable to get any more performance out of my 3900x from overclocking because the motherboard does it well anyways.

Intel pushes their CPU's similarly.

3300x has plenty of legs left for overclocking, especially with FCLK.  It can pick up something like 20% performance from basic tuning.

16 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

it'd make sense that the 3300x would outperform the 9100F since its a $50 price difference. Though the i3-9100F still outperforms the Ryzen 3 3100 gaming wise. I agree with the streaming part. If you stream and game, AMD would be a good option. But most people I see/know don't stream, though people that I know are only a tiny fraction of everyone that plays games on a computer.

AMD processors are effectively locked.

Well you clearly don't know anything about ocing 

The auto overclocking software on motherboards pushes them to their limits anyways. I personally was unable to get any more performance out of my 3900x from overclocking because the motherboard does it well anyways.

Pbo is shit 

Manual oc is better 

Intel pushes their CPU's similarly.

Mce doesn't work with locked skus they only change the BCLK

Build Log: 

Just now, GarbageCompactor said:

Though the i3-9100F still outperforms the Ryzen 3 3100 gaming wise.

No it doesn't ?

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

By what 5% at best ? Lmao 

People use their PC's for more than "gAMIng" also no not very similar price 

The 3600 is 175 it's competition is the 10600k and that's what like 225 or so ?

And don't you fucking dare say that the 10400 is the competitor to the 3600 because it literally is so close to the 3300x 

And the 3900x is around 350ish compared to the 10900k which is 200 dollars more expensive

Check your numbers again

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I am ? Lmao 

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The imc got better 

THE FCLK is alot better 

Holy shit. You sound like a toxic, fanboying 12 year old.

Just now, GarbageCompactor said:

Holy shit. You sound like a toxic, fanboying 12 year old.

Wow that's yea 

If I'm fanboy ing  I would deny every thing that's good about Intel lmao

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

3300x has plenty of legs left for overclocking, especially with FCLK.  It can pick up something like 20% performance from basic tuning.

Can you link an example of this 20% increase over stock? I've never seen that before.

No it doesn't ?

Yes it does. It also has a higher single core score on R20.

Yes it does. It also has a higher single core score on R20.

Real world performance is the actual thing to look at 

Build Log: