CASES

suppp3929
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 6/6/2020 at 12:35 PM, suppp3929 said:

Im having trouble picking out a case, Im looking at NZXT cases because of their sleek design, mainly the H510 ATX case, and mainly because its $69.99, but I'm not seeing any reviews out there for it, specifically from Gamer Nexus. I'm giving some thought on the Cooler Master H500 case for its lower thermals if that's how you say it, but I can't get around the look of it, sorry. Im mainly going to be using this build as a workstation, using a AMD Ryzen 3900x, and I'm hearing that AMD chips work best at cool temperatures, so idk if the case matters in that regard, or if the CPU temperature is only reliant on a good cooling fan.

The NZXT H510 is the same case as the H500, which they did a review on. 

TLDR; build quality for the price is good, thermals are "okay", not up to GN standards. 

Im having trouble picking out a case, Im looking at NZXT cases because of their sleek design, mainly the H510 ATX case, and mainly because its $69.99, but I'm not seeing any reviews out there for it, specifically from Gamer Nexus. I'm giving some thought on the Cooler Master H500 case for its lower thermals if that's how you say it, but I can't get around the look of it, sorry. Im mainly going to be using this build as a workstation, using a AMD Ryzen 3900x, and I'm hearing that AMD chips work best at cool temperatures, so idk if the case matters in that regard, or if the CPU temperature is only reliant on a good cooling fan.

Personally, i love the look of NZXT cases and specifically the h510. The cooler master H500 is also a great option. Depending on your budget, which seems high, i would also get a water cooler (NZXT or Corsair) if you want your processor to perform great but overall the airflow on cases is about the same.

2 minutes ago, Oddity said:

Personally, i love the look of NZXT cases and specifically the h510. The cooler master H500 is also a great option. Depending on your budget, which seems high, i would also get a water cooler (NZXT or Corsair) if you want your processor to perform great but overall the airflow on cases is about the same.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, suppp3929 said:

Any case with a glass front panel will have limited airflow. 

Too quote JayzTwoCents "Hardware Canucks are the case review kings of youtube" so if you want to look at some case review videos check out Hardware Canucks on yt. 

I have built a PC for my kids in the NZXT H400 (mATX model) and the case was simple to build in with good cable management options.

There is usually very little difference in cooling performance between AIO water coolers and air coolers and this have been tested several times by a lot of different people. 

If you are going for a AIO cooler I would not buy anything smaller than a 240mm e.g. Corsair Hydro H100 / H115 / H150, NZXT Kraken X52 / X62 / X72

If you want air cooling I would recommend Noctua NH-U14S / Noctua NH-D15 / Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 / Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Regardless of which type of CPU cooler you choose I would also recommend 2-4 case fans (1-2 intake + 1-2 exhaust) to cool the other components of your PC. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

16 hours ago, suppp3929 said:

NZXT cases because of their sleek design, mainly the H510 ATX

I have it, and it looks amazing but airflow is extremely limited. 

16 hours ago, Oddity said:

Depending on your budget, which seems high, i would also get a water cooler (NZXT or Corsair) if you want your processor to perform great but overall the airflow on cases is about the same.

High quality air cooler, which are cheaper than most AIOs, will outperform 240/most 280mm aios. The ones you recommended are some of the worst performing for the highest price. 

Op, stick with stick or get a esports duo. If you absolutely need water cooling get an Liquid Freezer 2. 

On 6/6/2020 at 12:35 PM, suppp3929 said:

The NZXT H510 is the same case as the H500, which they did a review on. 

TLDR; build quality for the price is good, thermals are "okay", not up to GN standards. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25