Moving a VM to a img

Hello, 

I am interested in moving my VM to a img or iso file. I want to be able to move my MV onto a bootable usb. If I can get a ISO or IMG file i know how to make a USB bootable, but I don't know how to get my VM to that step. Also im not sure if I would be able to get it back on my computer. I'm using V-Box. not sure if that helps. Been looking for a while and can't find anything helpful.
Thanks in advance :)

Is it a vmdk hard disk image? Why do you want to burn your VM to a USB if I may ask?

Do you mean Virtualbox by V-Box? (as a sidenote, don't use abbreviations which are not in wide use - they can be confusing AF especially with some field where there are many implementations and vendors and it is not at all certain they wouldn't have something named so that it resembles something totally unrelated).

I presume this is some Linux distribution installation you are running in the VM?

You can think of the installation on the VM as any OS installed on a HD. There is no straightforward way of transferring an installation from a HDD onto a USB stick (or img or ISO). FWIW you can pass USB devices (such as USB memory sticks) onto the VM you are running, and burn anything you want directly that way. The real difficulty here is transferring the OS on the (virtual) HDD to a USB - but even then, it is not that dificult. Make a partition layout similar to what you already have on the Virtual HDD, and copy everything over to the USB. Easiest way would be to just install directly on a USB stick. If you need to move the installation on the USB back to the VM, it can be done, but I would recommend against doing it while booting from either one (the USB or the VM). Even then the same can be done, by copying only the changes selectively, by thinking what could cause problems if written to while the system is booted up (and not copying those parts which are not actually needed). You could, say, write a rsync script to keep the user(s) home directories in sync.

It could be more helpful if you would shed a light on what you are actually doing / trying to accomplish. Chances are, you have chosen the wrong tools to begin with and are asking the wrong question (basically, what @laughingtnt said).