Want to learn programming, have no past experience.

Camul

What is the easiest language to learn for someone who is a complete beginner and which are the best and easiest tutorials to follow?

Try here, They're decent enough for a beginner and there's a plethora of languages for you to try your hand at ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Start with small basic and learn the real basic coding by making really small things ( make a turtle move, for example ) and then

start with HTML/CSS and some Javascript (jQuery ) and PhP.

Try here, They're decent enough for a beginner and there's a plethora of languages for you to try your hand at ^_^

Thanks you. :)

Start with small basic and learn the real basic coding by making really small things ( make a turtle move, for example ) and then

start with HTML/CSS and some Javascript (jQuery ) and PhP.

I know HTML, but I was under the impression that it was a completely different thing to learning programming??

I know HTML, but I was under the impression that it was a completely different thing to learning programming??

Not really, HTML can be combined with Javascript/PhP, ASP.net and such.

You can also learn C#/C++ and such in Visual Studio for example but that's more complicated than beginning web development.

HTML is not a programming language, it is a markup language.

Id go for something like python, it is a easy language and it is used alot in science.

http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

I currently learning how to program. I'm trying out Lua/Gmod Lua.

Yeah go with Python. 

If you want to learn v2, I would suggest: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

If you want to learn v3, I would go with: https://groklearning.com/

Groklearning has all online courses with challenges to test what you've learn't, would recommend it.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Thanks guys. Before I commit to learning Python first, is Java easy to learn? It's just I'll be able to use that to make mods for Minecraft and such. It would be nice to have a real way to test out what I learn. :)

Thanks guys. Before I commit to learning Python first, is Java easy to learn? It's just I'll be able to use that to make mods for Minecraft and such. It would be nice to have a real way to test out what I learn. :)

It's not easy to learn but it's totally worth and once you understand the super basics of it then you'll be able to pretty much learn any programming language at ease. Just don't give up and keep in trying ;)

java was pretty much my 2nd language and after that I was able to learn any language at ease and I was even able to master java after learning the basics within a few weeks

It's not easy to learn but it's totally worth and once you understand the super basics of it then you'll be able to pretty much learn any programming language at ease. Just don't give up and keep in trying ;)

java was pretty much my 2nd language and after that I was able to learn any language at ease and I was even able to master java after learning the basics within a few weeks

Thanks. That sound like it will be a lot more useful to me. I found some tutorials by thenewboston that a lot of people seem to recommend. However, I'd love to know which tutorial you used to learn if you don't mind. :)

You would be more-or-less correct. 

Honestly, I am going to advise you to stay away from learning HTML/CSS as beginner "programming" languages.  While these languages do have their places in minor programming concepts, they are definitely NOT the same.  Web programming is much different from actual Systems programming. 

If you want to learn the kind of programming that is used in a variety of systems like C/C++, Python, Java, etc.  I would recommend that you start with something as simple as Python.  This will teach you the bare-bone basics like creating variables, handling different data types, creating user-defined functions, etc.  Once you get comfortable and more experienced with a language like Python, move on to some of the more difficult languages like C/C++. 

I really do not understand the people who suggest others to learn things like HTML/CSS before going into Python or Java.  There's a lot more to high-level programming languages than writing language syntax into an HTML document. HTML is a Markup Language; this is very different than a Programming Language.  Programming languages need to be compiled before they can be executed.

Well, I started with modding games that use custom scripting languages. These have taught me basic conventions that come from programming subconsciously. I was then happily dumped straight into C++, after 1.5 years I am now working on small 2D games as uni projects. I don't think there's anything bad in learning C++ from the start, it's just that you can't expect to build multi-thousand-lines-of-code programs within first few weeks or even months.

There's never a bad way to start as long as you keep doing it consistently and web development is massively different from programming, stay away from it unless you actually want to create websites.

Thanks. That sound like it will be a lot more useful to me. I found some tutorials by thenewboston that a lot of people seem to recommend. However, I'd love to know which tutorial you used to learn if you don't mind. :)

They way I learned wasn't the most efficient way, I basically thought of a project and googled how to do certain things of the project e.g. one of my first project was a calculator so I googled how to add and subtract and then I added a GUI to the calculator so googled how to create a GUI and then I wanted to create a custom GUI so googled that. But many things I did learn from thenewboston but that was mostly advanced things I learned from him. for the basics I pretty much googled it.