Unraid won't boot after restart on DL580 G7

So after the last issue was solved a new one has occured, Unraid booted fine but after a reboot it wouldn't boot back to the unraid USB consistently. no settings have been changed but it doesn't seem to want to boot to the usb

Can you clarify your issue more?

What are you experiencing when you try to boot....what error messages are you seeing....etc...

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

2 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

Can you clarify your issue more?

What are you experiencing when you try to boot....what error messages are you seeing....etc...

It just won't boot to the usb it goes straight to trying the other boot methods (disc drive, hard drives, network boot (i disabled network boot to try and speed up the cycle) etc.) So far i've tried unplugging and plugging it back in, seeing if it shows up in bios on another pc (lenovo M73) and can boot to that same pc, then moving to another usb which also didn't work. as far as i know  no errors come up

So does it show in BIOS? 

Have you tried some different USB slots? like if you're trying to use the front USB, have you tried the rear?

Have you tried a different USB thumb drive to validate you can see that in the BIOS/Boot?

You haven't done a BIOS/Firmware Update at all which may have reset your settings?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Just now, Jarsky said:

So does it show in BIOS? 

Have you tried some different USB slots? like if you're trying to use the front USB, have you tried the rear?

Have you tried a different USB thumb drive to validate you can see that in the BIOS/Boot?

You haven't done a BIOS/Firmware Update at all which may have reset your settings?

I don't know where i'd find it in the bios (RBSU) but i have tried both internal usb slots and the two front usb ports

5 minutes ago, -=+=-Uchihagaming-=+=- said:

I don't know where i'd find it in the bios (RBSU) but i have tried both internal usb slots and the two front usb ports

Not sure, haven't played with HPE gear in a while, @leadeater may be able to help there. 

BTW when you made the UnRAID USB, did you make it to use UEFI or Legacy? I don't believe the G7 supports UEFI. 

PS. Just realised you have multiple threads, please only keep 1 thread per topic

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Jarsky said:

Not sure, haven't played with HPE gear in a while, @leadeater may be able to help there. 

BTW when you made the UnRAID USB, did you make it to use UEFI or Legacy? I don't believe the G7 supports UEFI. 

PS. Just realised you have multiple threads, please only keep 1 thread per topic

That one was an earlier one that was about all usb ports in general, but i will keep that in mind in future. Thanks for the heads up

First thing I'd try is opening the chassis and going to the maintenance DIP switches and turn on system reset, check the service manual. That usually fixes silly issues like this. It won't affect any data on disks or RAID configuration etc it just resets all the system/BIOS settings back properly then you can configure as needed.

14 minutes ago, leadeater said:

First thing I'd try is opening the chassis and going to the maintenance DIP switches and turn on system reset, check the service manual. That usually fixes silly issues like this. It won't affect any data on disks or RAID configuration etc it just resets all the system/BIOS settings back properly then you can configure as needed.

by that do you mean flicking the dip switches (1, 5 and 6) to on? if so i've done that 3 times already on seperate occasions

3 minutes ago, -=+=-Uchihagaming-=+=- said:

by that do you mean flicking the dip switches (1, 5 and 6) to on? if so i've done that 3 times already on seperate occasions

Yea, but system reset only needs 1 dip switch. Jump in to iLO and check the USB drive is being detected, if the iLO version is new enough you can also trigger a One Time Boot from there to the USB device, if not you'll have to try the standard boot selector prompt during boot but that won't work if boot order isn't set correct in BIOS.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, leadeater said:

Yea, but system reset only needs 1 dip switch. Jump in to iLO and check the USB drive is being detected, if the iLO version is new enough you can also trigger a One Time Boot from there to the USB device, if not you'll have to try the standard boot selector prompt during boot but that won't work if boot order isn't set correct in BIOS.

Sorry for the delayed response but where would i find the usb in the ILO thing?