Mtgox is gone, now what?

I HAD FUCKING $900 OF BTC ON MTGOX CAUSE I BOUGHT SOME TO SELL LATER. Ima sue someone now

Your 12 and you owned $900 dollars worth of bitcoins?... Or did you just make that up?

Well if its true let this be a lesson to you... never play with money you can't afford to lose. Do extensive research before doing anything dangerous with your money....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i really hope BTC-E.com will take the leading market bitcoin exchange website they are verry stable and kind helpdesk is awesome there.

I kind of like Cryptsy more.

My first impression was that they were incredibly slow, but their support is pretty quick and over time they do seem to improve, especially with trades. 

But yes, BTCe is my 2nd trading post. The good thing is Gox leaving purges a lot of the bad air around coin.

Error: 410

As an investor with a substantial amount of money in my possession, I'm looking at this as an opportunity. If I buy 5 bitcoins at the $500 mark and they go back to their old $1000 mark, however long that might take, I just made $2500 in profit (potentially a new PC upgrade). 

Not all change is bad, and this one just helped me into potentially doubling my money in a year or two. It is a shot in the heart to a lot of people to see their prized and valued currency plummet the way bitcoin did and I can understand that. However, it will go back to its old phase before we even know it (in my personal, uneducated opinion). 

To address the whole "mtgox" situation, I'm not really educated enough on the topic to make a worthwhile remark. For now, I'm going on the "they suck" bandwagon until I can figure out what exactly happened.

//ccap

Gox has been a problem for a long time, causing concern in those not properly involved in cryptocurrencies. The haters will try to use this as another "reason that Bitcoin is unsafe" or whatever they're into now, but the fact is that those people were never really involved with Bitcoin anyway and had no interest in actually understanding it. For a long time Gox priced Bitcoin lower than the other exchanges, and the large sites such as blockchain.info were already ignoring it and refering to less shady exchanges like BitStamp (although I've no doubt that you could debate all day about the legitimacy of any echange). This shouldn't really affect Bitcoin negatively except for in the minds of people who don't really know about it, in fact it may be a benefit as Gox was rather shady altogether.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I kind of like Cryptsy more.

My first impression was that they were incredibly slow, but their support is pretty quick and over time they do seem to improve, especially with trades. 

But yes, BTCe is my 2nd trading post. The good thing is Gox leaving purges a lot of the bad air around coin.

nah bitcoin will rise to max vallue after 2 weeks from now, mt gox was a terrible website used it 4 times waited to long btc-e always within 2 to 4 days in my bank or in 1 day in paypal.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

As soon as the feds seized the $50m or so back along Mt. Gox was definitely turned into a Ponzi.

An exchange selling $100+ above other exchanges? 

Just one of the reasons why I didn't even use Mt. Gox.

Your 12 and you owned $900 dollars worth of bitcoins?... Or did you just make that up?

Well if its true let this be a lesson to you... never play with money you can't afford to lose. Do extensive research before doing anything dangerous with your money....

I Mine, Spent 0.0 dollars on buying coins

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Thank you Mt.Gox!! I'm already up a few hundred on the cheap Btc I bought. 

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Of course Bitcoin is not dead, it  is just that many people would not consider risking their money in bitcoin after this.

It is more like people are waiting for the moment to blame Bitcoins, no matter what happens.

Even if someone uses bitcoins to buy drugs, Bitcoin gets blamed. Even if someone loses his bitcoins because of his own foolishness,  Bitcoin gets blamed. Whatever the hell happens, even if someone dies and he has bitcoin money, then too people would be blaming bitcoins.

Those who lost money on Mt.Gox are foolish. Why the hell would you leave your bitcoins on an online exchange. It is their fault not anyone else. Bitcoin has nothing to do with it. END OF STORY!

Of course Bitcoin is not dead, it  is just that many people would not consider risking their money in bitcoin after this.

It is more like people are waiting for the moment to blame Bitcoins, no matter what happens.

Even if someone uses bitcoins to buy drugs, Bitcoin gets blamed. Even if someone loses his bitcoins because of his own foolishness,  Bitcoin gets blamed. Whatever the hell happens, even if someone dies and he has bitcoin money, then too people would be blaming bitcoins.

Those who lost money on Mt.Gox are foolish. Why the hell would you leave your bitcoins on an online exchange. It is their fault not anyone else. Bitcoin has nothing to do with it. END OF STORY!

You could apply this same attitude of blame with video game and violence. Nobody is willing to take responsibility themselves, so they blame anything they can instead. It's the way of the immature, ignorant country we live in or at least a majority of residents.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

<snip snap>

Holy balls, I thought you were a new member all day, I just didn't pay attention to the name....

Holy balls, I thought you were a new member all day, I just didn't pay attention to the name....

well if you don't read and at least watch adventure time you might pick up on it  :rolleyes:

5k posts on a new member would be a feat though

Error: 410

I have a strange feeling gox will be back... to gox us again... :rolleyes:

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850