Phanteks P400A Digital RGB

apatzzy

Not sure if this is the right sub but I recently purchased a phanteks p400a digital case and a asus z390 aura sync compatible motherboard. I'm trying to get these two to connect for the RGB but my case only has a M/B D-RGB 3pin connector, and the board has a RGB_Header 4pin connector. Is there an adapter for this, or should I be looking to plug the case into a separate slot? Are adapters like this even recommended since it's 3pin and 4pin? Please help :(

Iirc, if you try and run the 3pin off the 4pin it will fry the connector and there are no adaptors for it as far a I know.

8 minutes ago, apatzzy said:

Not sure if this is the right sub but I recently purchased a phanteks p400a digital case and a asus z390 aura sync compatible motherboard. I'm trying to get these two to connect for the RGB but my case only has a M/B D-RGB 3pin connector, and the board has a RGB_Header 4pin connector. Is there an adapter for this, or should I be looking to plug the case into a separate slot? Are adapters like this even recommended since it's 3pin and 4pin? Please help :(

the 4 pin RGB header on your board is for 12v, non-addressible RGB. the ARGB fans are Addressible RGB, which are 5v digital, and are a completly different connector. 

I'm not sure which board you have exactly since you didnt clarify (strix, tuff, prime, etc), but I believe most z390 asus boards have this header on it

image.thumb.png.e2208170e9b06bfaf0bb9d545a373bc5.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

the 4 pin RGB header on your board is for 12v, non-addressible RGB. the ARGB fans are Addressible RGB, which are 5v digital, and are a completly different connector. 

I'm not sure which board you have exactly since you didnt clarify (strix, tuff, prime, etc), but I believe most z390 asus boards have this header on it

image.thumb.png.e2208170e9b06bfaf0bb9d545a373bc5.png

Sorry about that I have an asus tuf z390 pro gaming motherboard

4 minutes ago, apatzzy said:

Sorry about that I have an asus tuf z390 pro gaming motherboard

That board only has two regular 4 pin RGB headers, no ARGB, so you cannot natively plug that into your motherboard

image.png.52173474cd6178930a08a67900d5d858.png

You would need a contrller that would use either a remote controller, surface mounted button or a USB2.0 header to control the lighting. Something like this:

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/#Specifications

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That board only has two regular 4 pin RGB headers, no ARGB, so you cannot natively plug that into your motherboard

image.png.52173474cd6178930a08a67900d5d858.png

You would need a contrller that would use either a remote controller, surface mounted button or a USB2.0 header to control the lighting. Something like this:

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/#Specifications

Awesome thank you for your help!