Does CCleaner really clean my pc?

Go to solution Solved by 3rrant,
1 minute ago, Naul said:

Thanks!

since my doubts were right, do you have any better suggestive programs that aims to clean my pc?

You can use "disk cleaning" functionality built in Windows 10 to achieve pretty much the same thing, plus cleaning your recycle bin manually and your browser history + cache whenever you want.

This will have the same effect and you won't rely on third party programs.

Generally speaking, you don't need to do that anyway. Especially if you use a SSD.

I have been searching for the best program to optimize my pc and clean it, as well for fixing some problems like registry files and etc.

Until i came up with CCleaner, but i felt like its cleaning process is just like ""incredibly fast"" than any other programs, so does it really do the job accurately or its just assuming it.

Plus if you got any better programs i would like to hear from you.

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

Google's Answer:

Not only does CCleaner quickly wipe away useless temporary files, it's like a sort of computer-wide “Delete my history” feature that deletes more than just your browsing data. Of course, CCleaner doesn't know about every program you might use, so this will never be perfect.

My Answer:

Probably Works Since It's Widely Used And Popular

2 minutes ago, Naul said:

I have been searching for the best program to optimize my pc and clean it, as well for fixing some problems like registry files and etc.

Until i came up with CCleaner, but i felt like its cleaning process is just like ""incredibly fast"" than any other programs, so does it really do the job accurately or its just assuming it.

Plus if you got any better programs i would like to hear from you.

Just now, IAA Productions said:

Google's Answer:

Not only does CCleaner quickly wipe away useless temporary files, it's like a sort of computer-wide “Delete my history” feature that deletes more than just your browsing data. Of course, CCleaner doesn't know about every program you might use, so this will never be perfect.

My Answer:

It doesn't "clean" your PC but it removes temporary files and registry "error" entries". Does this improve performance? Not really. In some situations, like a very highly clogged hard drive it might slightly but it will refill with temporary stuff over time again so it's not a real solution.

Everything CCleaner does can be done by hand and more reasonably, but it takes time.

2 minutes ago, IAA Productions said:

Google's Answer:

My Answer:

I see, but what do you think about advanced systemcare from iobit? is it better than ccleaner?

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

CCleaner used to be good and safe.

In some program version it defaulted to delete the contents of /Downloads/ folder, and that's unacceptable. After that I set it very carefully and in time, stopped using it at all...

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, 3rrant said:

It doesn't "clean" your PC but it removes temporary files and registry "error" entries". Does this improve performance? Not really. In some situations, like a very highly clogged hard drive it might slightly but it will refill with temporary stuff over time again so it's not a real solution.

Everything CCleaner does can be done by hand and more reasonably, but it takes time.

Thanks!

since my doubts were right, do you have any better suggestive programs that aims to clean my pc?

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Why you need to clean it? Windows 10 has been good in managing junks.

This habit is coming from old windows eras where disk spaces and memory are expensive and junks accumulated overtime.

I don't see the point having extra programs just for this.

Same for antivirus.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Why you need to clean it? Windows 10 has been good in managing junks.

This habit is coming from old windows eras where disk spaces and memory are expensive and junks accumulated overtime.

I don't see the point having extra programs just for this.

Same for antivirus.

I'm using windows 7 :/

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

I'm using CCleaner for a few years now, and for me it's great. I have it scheduled to clean every week, so I don't even need to worry about it. Unfortunately, this option is only in the paid version, but it's pretty cheap at £13.45/year. 

Lol.

1 minute ago, Naul said:

Thanks!

You can use "disk cleaning" functionality built in Windows 10 to achieve pretty much the same thing, plus cleaning your recycle bin manually and your browser history + cache whenever you want.

This will have the same effect and you won't rely on third party programs.

Generally speaking, you don't need to do that anyway. Especially if you use a SSD.

In Windows 10 - right click on the drive you want to be cleaned, properties, Disk Cleanup, Clean up system files, and then check the boxes you need, but carefully.

Thats all needed.

CCleaner is like deploying a nuke to delete things. Sure it deletes temp files, registry leftovers etc but it doesn't know if other applications depend on the registry keys etc. I use REVO Uninstaller, it lets me scan through the contents of an application after it has been uninstalled. Which is practical if an application is misbehaving and I want to do a clean install of it. *cough*Origin*cough*

4 minutes ago, Naul said:

Thanks!

Hmmm right click a drive in Windows Explorer >> Properties and choose clean up drive.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

In Windows 10 - right click on the drive you want to be cleaned, properties, Disk Cleanup, Clean up system files, and then check the boxes you need, but carefully.

Thats all needed.

i'm using windows 7, so i decided to use Avast! and my disk management options to clean my disk.

i

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

CCleaner is like deploying a nuke to delete things. Sure it deletes temp files, registry leftovers etc but it doesn't know if other applications depend on the registry keys etc. I use REVO Uninstaller, it lets me scan through the contents of an application after it has been uninstalled. Which is practical if an application is misbehaving and I want to do a clean install of it. *cough*Origin*cough*

I'm using REVO with CCleaner, and I found it that after I do an uninstall of the app and delete everything with REVO, I find some registry files of the app and some files with CCleaner. 

Lol.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Hmmm right click a drive in Windows Explorer >> Properties and choose clean up drive.

Thanks!

i don't know why i thought for all those years that Windows disk management was useless.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

6 minutes ago, Naul said:

I'm using windows 7 :/

You should use windows 10.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, Naul said:

Thanks!

i don't know why i thought for all those years that Windows disk management was useless.

Because in Vista it deleted ALL my files on the hard drive? 👍

2 minutes ago, Dumica said:

I'm using REVO with CCleaner, and I found it that after I do an uninstall of the app and delete everything with REVO, I find some registry files of the app and some files with CCleaner. 

Yeah may still be something left, not that I have seen personally but CCleaner may cause issues so it's best to back stuff up before removing. I've just stopped using it completely, even if there are leftovers in the registry with a modern PC and modern Windows it is not a problem. REVO I mostly use if something is misbehaving.

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You should use windows 10.

I just don't want to regret installing it again, maybe someday.

well its kinda hard to me because windows 7 feels nostalgic.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Because in Vista it deleted ALL my files on the hard drive? 👍

Yeah may still be something left, not that I have seen personally but CCleaner may cause issues so it's best to back stuff up before removing. I've just stopped using it completely, even if there are leftovers in the registry with a modern PC and modern Windows it is not a problem. REVO I mostly use if something is misbehaving.

Can revo uninstall Programs that require uninstalling from adminstator?

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yes, I understand you completely mate. Luckily, I did not have any issues with it by far so I'm good. :D

1 minute ago, Naul said:

I just don't want to regret installing it again, maybe someday.

well its kinda hard to me because windows 7 feels nostalgic.

We all miss Windows 7.

Lol.

Just now, Dumica said:

Yes, I understand you completely mate. Luckily, I did not have any issues with it by far so I'm good. :D

We all miss Windows 7.

I wish if microsoft still have manners and keep windows 7 living again.

You know everything is heading to the latest, so they had to shutdown it for windows 10 :( 

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

1 minute ago, Naul said:

Can revo uninstall Programs that require uninstalling from adminstator?

I can't see how that would be a problem. It is a powerful uninstaller (haven't tried the free version much though).

Geek uninstaller is my weapon of choice, I'd recommend it.

11 minutes ago, Naul said:

I wish if microsoft still have manners and keep windows 7 living again.

You know everything is heading to the latest, so they had to shutdown it for windows 10 :( 

That would be perfect, but unfortunately, the world is not perfect.

Tbh, I like Windows 10, just those privacy controversies that came with it were bad. And still are.

Lol.