First ever build! Minimal look, looking for tips

Thieu95

Hey there guys,

After fantasizing about it for a decade I've finally decided to build my first gaming rig!

Previously I had always bought mid-range gaming laptops for the mobility but it was honestly always disappointing.

With this build I finally don't have to worry about whether or not I can play something but rather if it'll run on high or ultra :)!

I went for a minimal look, I don't like RGB too much but I might add some LED strips later on to maybe add some subtle color.

What I would like some tips and hints on;

- Cable management, are there ways to better hide, for example, the power chord going into the GPU?

- Possible bottlenecks given the specs

- Upgradability given the specs

- Maybe some suggestions on putting in some LED strips, placement, brand/type etc.

- Any other tips and hints are ofcourse very much welcome and appreciated!

Specifications

- Case: NZXT H510 Black

- Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC 3X 8G

- Memory: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200mhz

- Storage: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 SSD

- CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U14S

- Power supply: Corsair TX-M Series TX750M V2

- Case fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM and 1x Stock NZXT 120mm

I'm very happy with the cooling right now, even though the noctuas look pretty bad... It is running quiet and chilly which was more important for me.

20200601_160020-compressor.thumb.jpg.da011ea76518e397412d0736d6913655.jpg

20200601_155838-compressor.thumb.jpg.cd37a948dc6c39366bac92db1c1a6535.jpg

First up, nice build! The only potential bottleneck is that 3600mhz memory is slightly better for 3rd gen Ryzen, but really it should be minimal and 3200mhz is still great. 

As far as aesthetics perhaps some cable extensions for the GPU cables could look good. You could lean into the beige noctua with some brown and black cables. Other than that, the only way I would change the aesthetics would be to change all the fans, which considering how good those noctuas are, I'd be very reluctant to do.

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

5 minutes ago, marmour said:

First up, nice build! The only potential bottleneck is that 3600mhz memory is slightly better for 3rd gen Ryzen, but really it should be minimal and 3200mhz is still great. 

As far as aesthetics perhaps some cable extensions for the GPU cables could look good. You could lean into the beige noctua with some brown and black cables. Other than that, the only way I would change the aesthetics would be to change all the fans, which considering how good those noctuas are, I'd be very reluctant to do.

Or get a case without a window.

You build looks good.   Cable management can be helped/hurt based on the base but as long as it is neat/clean, then you are fine.

For your next build - check out the Noctua all black fans.   The cooler you purchased and the extra fans all come in all black now if you wanted a cleaner aesthetic.

22 minutes ago, marmour said:

Thanks! Yeah that's where I had some doubts as well, but after some research I too concluded the performance gain would be so minimal it's not worth the extra bucks.

I like the idea of embracing the brown/beige, maybe I'll get to a point here it's so wrong it starts to look right haha :)

23 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

You build looks good.   Cable management can be helped/hurt based on the base but as long as it is neat/clean, then you are fine.

For your next build - check out the Noctua all black fans.   The cooler you purchased and the extra fans all come in all black now if you wanted a cleaner aesthetic.

Thank you!

Damn I wasn't aware they had those... thanks for the tip though! When upgrading time comes I'll definetly look into the black ones.

This might be a horrible idea but I'm sort of looking into spray painting the fans, maybe only the fan holder to black so it all blends a little better