Looking for Small Matx Chassis

shinegull
Go to solution Solved by shinegull,

I've decided on a case for the first build. An In Win 301 in white.

I've yet to decide on the second build, but I might consider scrapping it and give it to someone or selling it. Then start a new build from scratch with itx instead.

Im actually looking for 2 matx cases.

Parts Spec for both pc

- Matx Motherboard

- Atx PSU

- Single 2.5 Drive, dedicated mount not required, I can use double sided tape

- 3.5 and 5.25 bays are unnecessary, hopefully, that can reduce how much space is needed.

- No GPU/Pcie Cards. So the pcie slots will be empty.

First Build uses a slim CPU Fan from Noctua

Second Build uses an AIO Cooler, Corsair, 120mm

Looking for

- Something relatively small/compact.

- It does not need amazing cable routing, but i do want to be able to fit majority (if not all) cables out of sight. I can use adhesive cable tie mounts if needed.

- Something that wont give off a lot of sound. I will likely be replacing any stock fans to Noctua as well.

For Chassis size comparison, the current builds are paired to a Node 804, and I think an old Coolermaster Silencio.

While the sound on the coolermaster has some sort of foam dampening, I'm looking for something much smaller.

Budget wise, I'm comfortable with about 100-150 (Canada), but I am certainly willing to adjust my budget if the case is worth it.

I do not mind 2 different cases for the builds either.

Many thanks for any recommendations.

15 hours ago, shinegull said:

Parts Spec for both pc

- Matx Motherboard

- Atx PSU

- Single 2.5 Drive, dedicated mount not required, I can use double sided tape

- 3.5 and 5.25 bays are unnecessary, hopefully, that can reduce how much space is needed.

- No GPU/Pcie Cards. So the pcie slots will be empty.

First Build uses a slim CPU Fan from Noctua

Second Build uses an AIO Cooler, Corsair, 120mm

Silverstone PS15, ML03/04, GD04/05/06 (pricing on these will be twoards the $150 CAD mark though)

Coolermaster Q300L

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Silverstone PS15, ML03/04, GD04/05/06 (pricing on these will be twoards the $150 CAD mark though)

Coolermaster Q300L

The coolermaster Q300L doesnt really appeal to me, it also seems like a lot of space is wasted near the front.

For the Silverstone cases though, only the PS15 and the ML03/04 seems to be close to the price point at a quick glance. But Im looking for more of a vertical PC Style rather than a horizontal one. I will keep the PS15 in mind though, the white one looks decent with the front mesh panel.

I've also considered an In Win 301/301c in white. Its a bit bigger than the SP15, but it does cost a bit less as well.

I originally considered a Raijintek Styx, but its hard to get that one in white, even in the Stkc Q2 clone

I've decided on a case for the first build. An In Win 301 in white.

I've yet to decide on the second build, but I might consider scrapping it and give it to someone or selling it. Then start a new build from scratch with itx instead.