Budget (including currency): 1500 USD to 2000 USD (TOWER) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: ANNO 1800, Tomb Raider, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign

Other details 120hz or higher | Planning to buy by mid June to early August 2020 

Hi everyone, 

I am looking into building a new PC that would work for video editing, graphic design work and 1440p gaming. I created a build online and would love to hear from everyone any recommendations with regards to the parts I picked. In terms of peripherals, I am a total blank especially on the monitor aspect, as I do not know which particular monitor I should pick. I would love to have HDR capability with my spec, but it is not top of my priorities.

Please let me know what you think of this parts list. Thanks in advance!

Here is the spec list of the build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

Storage 1:  Samsung 970 Pro 512 M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Storage 2:  Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 2.5" SSD

Storage 3:  Seagate IronWolf NAS 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX OC

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 Digital ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM (201) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (27GL850-B)

2 minutes ago, kcbeck13 said:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

overkill

Storage 1:  Samsung 970 Pro 512 M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Storage 2:  Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 2.5" SSD

overpriced

Power Supply: Corsair RM (201) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

overkill

Ryzen as a platform will work, however as of current, Adobe's suite favors Intel for performance.

If you'd like to cut costs, the 860 evo (or the 970 pro) can be cut, and the IronWolf can be switched out for a standard consumer drive, unless they're necessary.

I can't, in good faith, recommend asus without giving you a disclaimer about their very notorious atrocious customer support, And I also don't see a major benefit for the x570 platform for you. The largest point moving forward is compatibility. The issue with their recent decision to continue to support Ryzen 4000 on chipsets below 500-series is that we're due to move on from AM4 at some point. We don't know when this is, so it's entirely speculative exactly how long your upgrade path will be viable.

The standard P400 leaves some to be desired on the airflow front.
The P400A fares much better

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 minutes ago, Semper said:

Ryzen as a platform will work, however as of current, Adobe's suite favors Intel for performance.

If you'd like to cut costs, the 860 evo (or the 970 pro) can be cut, and the IronWolf can be switched out for a standard consumer drive, unless they're necessary.

I can't, in good faith, recommend asus without giving you a disclaimer about their very notorious atrocious customer support, And I also don't see a major benefit for the x570 platform for you. The largest point moving forward is compatibility. The issue with their recent decision to continue to support Ryzen 4000 on chipsets below 500-series is that we're due to move on from AM4 at some point. We don't know when this is, so it's entirely speculative exactly how long your upgrade path will be viable.

The standard P400 leaves some to be desired on the airflow front.
The P400A fares much better

Isn't AMD sticking with the AM4 socket for a while?

Thought I had read something the other day, but don't remember where.

4 minutes ago, Semper said:

Adobe's suite favors Intel for performance

that is incorrect.

pic_disp.php?id=58430&width=800

pic_disp.php?id=58435&width=800

2 minutes ago, brdy said:

Isn't AMD sticking with the AM4 socket for a while?

Thought I had read something the other day, but don't remember where.

So far as I know, AMD has not released an official statement on when Am4 will come to an end. The concrete information we have is through 2020, as announced back in 2018

Spoiler

CT1YTkM.jpg

This is what makes the upgrade path part speculative. It's entirely possible for the 5000 series (if they continue with their naming scheme) to be on whatever will succeed AM4

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that is incorrect.

*snip*

We're not addressing Threadripper as a viable option here. HEDT (in a hypothetical situation) and enthusiast chips are what we're looking at here, at this budget. The 3700x isn't stated in either of these charts.

For the first one, the 3950x is still ranking below the 10980XE, albeit by a marginal difference (neither of which are viable for this budget), and the 3900x is still ranking below the 9900k, in the same situation.

The 9900k is also besting the 3900x and the 3800x, meaning it will very likely best the 3700x in a similar fashion, for the second chart. They're marginal numbers, yes, but they are improvements that, at least as of currently, will add up over time. For workstation use, there is a potential value in that time saved over initial cost.

18 minutes ago, Semper said:

We're not addressing Threadripper as a viable option here. HEDT (in a hypothetical situation) and enthusiast chips are what we're looking at here, at this budget. The 3700x isn't stated in either of these charts.

For the first one, the 3950x is still ranking below the 10980XE, albeit by a marginal difference (neither of which are viable for this budget), and the 3900x is still ranking below the 9900k, in the same situation.

The 9900k is also besting the 3900x and the 3800x, meaning it will very likely best the 3700x in a similar fashion, for the second chart. They're marginal numbers, yes, but they are improvements that, at least as of currently, will add up over time. For workstation use, there is a potential value in that time saved over initial cost.

the 3700x has a similar performance to the 3800x. in terms of comparisons, you need to compare in the same price bracket. in which case, the 3700x is in the 9700k tier. for premiere, the 9700k is better. for after effects, the 3700x is better.