Can i plug in a ssd to new pc

vEryk

will it work by plugging in a ssd with windows 10 already installed on it and other files to a brand new pc without any problems?

Just now, vEryk said:

Honestly I always fresh install my machines as windows will still have drivers from the old machine.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

fair enough but i sold my old pc and i’m upgrading and i have no other method to refresh my ssd 

It can often work but it's not guaranteed. Best practice is to do a fresh install especially with any big platform changes. 

FYI, you should use the Quote button on posts you're responding to as opposed to placing your own reply in a quote.

Moved to Windows. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

so i will have to buy a new ssd 

1 minute ago, vEryk said:

so i will have to buy a new ssd 

No, you can use the one you have.

You can just plug it in and deal with the driver replacement, potential re-activation, etc., or you could install the OS from scratch on that same SSD. Either way you use the same SSD, not a new one.