FPS drops on GTX 1050

GeneralGusher

I have been playing some games like fortnite, GTA, and other games, and I have noticed that my gtx 1050 SC has been dropping frames ALOT especially in Fortnite. I was wondering if this means that my GPU is dying or is it just something wrong with the game. In fortnite I used to get 120+ FPS (most of the time) and now im dropping as low as 30 sometimes. Its super bad my ps4 literally is running better than my pc rn.

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Temps?

What are the other specs?

i am getting about 150°F on my CPU while my GPU is at 100°F While gaming and here are my specs

Ryzen 5 2400g

Asus Tuf b450 mobo

EVGA gtx 1050SC

8gb ram

Cooler Masterbox 3.1 lite case

Use msi afterburner to check your temps while playing the game to see if it overheats.

F@H [] Autobiography [] 

Main Desktop and Folding Rig :

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-9400f

Gpu : GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
Psu : Seasonic G-650

Ram : G.Skill Aegis 4x8gb DDR4 2666MHz (14-15-15-34)

External Storage : 8tb Western Digital Elements Usb 3.0 Hard Drive

Storage : Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

Motherboard : ASUS B365 Pro-4 m

Gaming Laptop :

Spoiler

Cpu : I7-8750H 2.2ghz 

Gpu : GTX 1070 Max Q 

Psu : laptop b r i c k 

Ram : 16gb 2666Mhz 

Storage : 512Gb SATA SSD 

Motherboard : it's a laptop.....

old boomer (currently non-functional)

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-6400 2.7ghz (doesn't have a heatsink)

Gpu : Asus RX580 8gb (might sell)

Psu : EVGA 500 watt 80 plus

Ram : 16gb DDR3 1400mhz

Storage : 1tb Toshiba HDD (currently in main pc)

Motherboard : Generic ASUS pre-built motherboard

40 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

am getting about 150°F on my CPU while my GPU is at 100°F While gaming and here are my specs

CELSIUS PLEASEEE 

40 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

Ryzen 5 2400g

Asus Tuf b450 mobo

EVGA gtx 1050SC

8gb ram

Cooler Masterbox 3.1 lite

Check if you have xmp / dcop on 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

CELSIUS PLEASEEE 

Check if you have xmp / dcop on 

Yes I do have it on should I turn it off? My memory is 2666 MHz 

6 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

Yes I do have it on should I turn it off? My memory is 2666 MHz 

No keep it on 

And try ddu and as @Tika said monitor while gaming using msi after burner

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

47 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

No keep it on 

ok I will also monitor my temps. I will let you know what my temps are and if anything improves

1 hour ago, GeneralGusher said:

ok I will also monitor my temps. I will let you know what my temps are and if anything improves

No keep it on 

Okay I get about 65°c while gaming (there are some other apps in the background like msi afterburner and chrome)

Just now, GeneralGusher said:

Okay I get about 65°c while gaming (there are some other apps in the background like msi afterburner and chrome)

did you try ddu ? 

Build Log: 

Maybe you have a bad/low health hard disk and it can't load the map in time. Download Disk Sentinel. Check your health and there are a lot of interesting info on there.

did you try ddu ? 

No I haven’t tried that yet. Do you know where o can download it because I want to make sure that I download the best one I can get if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, LookAss said:

Maybe you have a bad/low health hard disk and it can't load the map in time. Download Disk Sentinel. Check your health and there are a lot of interesting info on there.

Ok thanks I’ll download it and let you know. I have like 1 hdd and 2 sdd’s that I took from old laptops

1 hour ago, LookAss said:

here I took a screen shot of my results

Capture.PNG

8 hours ago, GeneralGusher said:

No I haven’t tried that yet. Do you know where o can download it because I want to make sure that I download the best one I can get if that makes sense.

It's called display driver uninstaller it is the only one available just download it 

Once you download it go to safe mode and then uninstall all your recent drivers then download the latest one on nvidea's site 

Build Log: 

On 5/27/2020 at 3:19 AM, TofuHaroto said:

It's called display driver uninstaller it is the only one available just download it 

Once you download it go to safe mode and then uninstall all your recent drivers then download the latest one on nvidea's site 

i downloaded DDU and used it but im still dropping FPS in some games. could it be that my GPU is slowly dying?

2 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

i downloaded DDU and used it but im still dropping FPS in some games. could it be that my GPU is slowly dying?

I noticed above that your ram is at 2666

But you didn't specify your cpu 

What is it exactly ?

Build Log: 

7 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

I noticed above that your ram is at 2666

But you didn't specify your cpu 

What is it exactly ?

my cpu is the ryzen 5 2400g 

6 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

my cpu is the ryzen 5 2400g 

Monitor your ram usage when playing and if your capped at a 100% 

Then your running into ram limitations

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Monitor your ram usage when playing and if your capped at a 100% 

Then your running into ram limitations

Ok but would that be the reason for FPS drops? I have been getting stutters which i am assuming means that my RAM is low

Ok but would that be the reason for FPS drops? I have been getting stutters which i am assuming means that my RAM is low

It could be your hitting the cap because we'll 8 gigs ain't cutting it these days 

Or it could be bad 1% lows with your apu since zen has multiple ccxs so faster ram to reduce latency is certainly important

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

It could be your hitting the cap because we'll 8 gigs ain't cutting it these days 

Or it could be bad 1% lows with your apu since zen has multiple ccxs so faster ram to reduce latency is certainly important

Oh ok I will monitor my RAM and let you know whats going on with it

Oh ok I will monitor my RAM and let you know whats going on with it

Good luck

Build Log: 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, GeneralGusher said:

i am getting about 150°F on my CPU while my GPU is at 100°F While gaming and here are my specs

what's that in normal units?

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

eeeeh, 8gb is fine especially for GTA since it's an old game.... 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

eeeeh, 8gb is fine especially for GTA since it's an old game.... 

For the game alone ? Yes technically it is 

But remember windows uses a good chunk of that 

So he is kind of left with 6-4 gigs to work with 

Build Log: