Super low fps after using conductonaut liquid metal on cpu and gpu

Hey guys i need some help here i am really scared something is wrong with my laptop i followed the liquid metal video to a t from the Linus video and after i replaced the thermal paste once i went in a game i got like 1 or 3 fps. Im so confused i have great temperatures but like terrible fps now. i am running a acer nitro 5 1050ti and i5-7300 model 

2 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

look at your usage during the game

i have like 0% on the GPU when playing minecraft  and am getting 1 to 3 fps

1 minute ago, tanner30577 said:

i have like 0% on the GPU when playing minecraft  and am getting 1 to 3 fps

if the rest of the machine performs fine then reinstall minecraft.

it all my games run the same low frame rate after using the liquid metal

10 minutes ago, tanner30577 said:

Hey guys i need some help here i am really scared something is wrong with my laptop i followed the liquid metal video to a t from the Linus video and after i replaced the thermal paste once i went in a game i got like 1 or 3 fps. Im so confused i have great temperatures but like terrible fps now. i am running a acer nitro 5 1050ti and i5-7300 model 

Careful. Liquid metal will corrode aluminum, and FAST. I'm speaking from experience here. If your heatsinks are aluminum, which they might be, they will likely have corroded and lost contact.

Nothing terribly damaging, you just might need a new cooler.

If temperatures are good, then troubleshoot until you identify the actual problem. I doubt it is liquid metal unless the coolers are corroded.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

2 minutes ago, tanner30577 said:

does the machine improve when you return it to is correct configuration using paste?

1 minute ago, tanner30577 said:

i know that's besides the point but why would you risk your laptop to liquid metal when you have only a 1050 ti???

there is a reason that these modifications are usually done on huge power hungry laptops

Just now, emosun said:

does the machine improve when you return it to is correct configuration using paste?

liquid metal is expensive. Don't tell him to remove it unless it is 100% the problem.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, ki8aras said:

i know that's besides the point but why would you risk your laptop to liquid metal when you have only a 1050 ti???

there is a reason that these modifications are usually done on huge power hungry laptops

Liquid metal has the potential to reduce temps by over 20 degrees celsius. Even if his parts aren't power hungry, I'm sure they get hot. Hot laptops are no fun.

Just now, jtmoseley said:

Don't tell him to remove it unless it is 100% the problem.

dont add it if theres not a problem , its expensive

1 minute ago, jtmoseley said:

Careful. Liquid metal will corrode aluminum, and FAST. I'm speaking from experience here. If your heatsinks are aluminum, which they might be, they will likely have corroded and lost contact.

Nothing terribly damaging, you just might need a new cooler.

If temperatures are good, then troubleshoot until you identify the actual problem. I doubt it is liquid metal unless the coolers are corroded.

the nitro 5 is good when it comes to the heat sinks they are solid copper and not copper coated  yes its a odd problem 

3 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

the point was to overclock for better Performance in vr im playing half life Alex on this laptop and its and good experience and i wanted more overclocking head room 

i just need some help here this is frustrating im not sure how to figure out if its hardware or software related because i have never had this problem before u used the liquid metal 

7 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Liquid metal has the potential to reduce temps by over 20 degrees celsius. Even if his parts aren't power hungry, I'm sure they get hot. Hot laptops are no fun.

yeah i know im using it myself i just dont think it would make a huge difference on his case

Just now, ki8aras said:

yeah i know im using it myself i just dont think it would make a huge difference on his case

my temps when from 70 on the GPU to 45 it make a huge difference but this problem is a little frustrating 

2 minutes ago, tanner30577 said:

my temps when from 70 on the GPU to 45 it make a huge difference but this problem is a little frustrating 

honestly i dunno how to help you

6 minutes ago, tanner30577 said:

i have never had this problem before u used the liquid metal

15 minutes ago, emosun said:

i think its a software problem i think i can fix this i will give you guys a update