[US] Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB $55 after rebate

Faceman

Here is some Patriot Viper Xtreme memory for only $55 after rebate.  This is the best price to performance memory you will find.  The deal ends March 31st.

1 x 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 1600Mhz CL: 11-11-11-28

2x4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 1600Mhz CL: 10-10-10-27

I bought the 2x4GB set for my all brand new gaming PC build.  I've been running them for 2 weeks now with zero problems.  I went ahead and purchased a 2nd set of 2x4 because why not at the current price.  (I will probably wait a few years to install the other set I bought to give my PC a jolt when I see fit.)

I wanted to share this deal because it is truly unrivaled in the budget sector and it is not bad RAM.  One thing I learned about building from this forum is to always consider: is the price to performance gain worth it? 

8GB, 1600Mhz of Corsair Vengeance might run you $80-$90 but you will only see marginal performance gains on this Patriot Memory(I would guess 20% AT MOST)  So is spending almost twice as much a justification of that *20%* gain?  If it is not, purchase some of this memory!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

(sadface)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

(sadface)

its ok canada *hugs* 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

With RAM being at a high price right now, this is a good deal

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Wtf shit timings? Give me 9-9-9-24..

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Wtf shit timings? Give me 9-9-9-24..

10% gains and you pay twice as much.  Worth it to some, I personally can't justify paying 2x more for 10% increased performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

10% gains and you pay twice as much.  Worth it to some, I personally can't justify paying 2x more for 10% increased performance.

Hm? Paid $45 for mine. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Hm? Paid $45 for mine. 

Please share that link then!  I can't find any at the price you mentioned, unless if it was a black friday deal or something to that affect, it doesn't do anyone today any good.  Of course you want to best stats, timings, etc.. Don't call what I presented to everyone "shit" though.  They are paying a lot less for exactly that, less performance.  Half as much cost, for 10% less performance is what a lot of people will find appealing.

Please share that link then!  I can't find any at the price you mentioned, unless if it was a black friday deal or something to that affect, it doesn't do anyone today any good.  Of course you want to best stats, timings, etc.. Don't call what I presented to everyone "shit" though.  They are paying a lot less for exactly that, less performance.  Half as much cost, for 10% less performance is what a lot of people will find appealing.

No, when I bought them they were 45. RAM prices have jumped up dramatically over the past year. Why can't I call it shit? I rightfully said so because I bought a better item at a better price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, still available until the end of March!

Also, this RAM comes with optional pre-loaded settings.  The default is 10-10-10-27. I was able to select the 9-9-9-25 setting with ease!  There is even an 8-8-8-22 setting pre-loaded, but I didn't want to push it too hard.