Almost bought a Logitech Driving Force GT for 20 bucks.

terrytek

So, today, while looking around the flea market, my eye caught a Logitech Driving Force GT. It was better than my Thrustmaster Universal Challenge, but cheaper than the G27, so it was a good compromise. Well, there was actually 2, but I only needed 1. The seller guarantees the GT works. He offered me 20 bucks, 30 for both. At 100 bucks brand new, it was pretty much a steal. But, my parents still don't think it works, so they declined the offer. I was so damn mad it even happened. I was looking forward to utilize its features and all, but I have to stick with my shitty Universal Challenge. What can I do without parents? 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, today, while looking around the flea market, my eye caught a Logitech Driving Force GT. It was better than my Thrustmaster Universal Challenge, but cheaper than the G27, so it was a good compromise. Well, there was actually 2, but I only needed 1. The seller guarantees the GT works. He offered me 20 bucks, 30 for both. At 100 bucks brand new, it was pretty much a steal. But, my parents still don't think it works, so they declined the offer. I was so damn mad it even happened. I was looking forward to utilize its features and all, but I have to stick with my shitty Universal Challenge. What can I do without parents? 

Build a nuclear missile maybe?

Did you not have your own money or tell your parents that you would pay them back when you got home and it was your risk if it didn't work?

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Did you not have your own money or tell your parents that you would pay them back when you got home and it was your risk if it didn't work?

I actually had 20 bucks in my pocket, but my parents still wouldn't let me buy it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

tumblr_m8nrbgaXE91rbflgno1_500.gif

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

WHATS IN THE BOX

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

That was my reaction when i didn't get it.

WHATS IN THE BOX

There was no box. It was just the pedals and the wheel, and that's it. But 30 bucks for a pair of DFGT's seemed pretty good to me.

Damn, when I bought my Driving Force GT it was $169.99... That woulda been a steal! I still have the wheel and I love it.

Damn, when I bought my Driving Force GT it was $169.99... That woulda been a steal! I still have the wheel and I love it.

I'll buy it off you. I am soo desperate to get rid of my Thrustmaster Universal Challenge crap I have.

Its going for 130€ (150$) here new. Used ones are anywhere from 60€ to 90€ depending on condition. For 20£ (17€) I wouldn't buy it. That basicly says that it has some problem since you can easily get over 50$ for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I actually had 20 bucks in my pocket, but my parents still wouldn't let me buy it.

Then you may as well burn it right in front of them.... as its useless to you at this point.

Them Parents....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

For 20 bucks, if it breaks, then who cares. 20 bucks is like nothing. Also what do you mean your parents won't let you.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •