Upsacling low quality photos

Hello everyone, I am back again with another video about AI upscaling.

In my previous post, I upscaled a video, and it worked pretty well, although it can take a long time to upscale and you need high powered hardware.

Video_Enhance_AI_V1.2.2_5_24_2020_11_02_45_AM.thumb.png.58366a8a1485cd69946d66ce5d7bf467.png

Now I am going to upscale a photo instead, a much easier process that does not take much time, it also yields much better results at lower resolutions. The software I used is Topaz Lab's Gigapixel AI

Here is an example:

Topaz_Gigapixel_AI_5_24_2020_1_17_50_PM.thumb.png.5ce0feead1d5981aed32e4ce4d290f42.png

I was surprised how good the upscaled image was compared to the old one. a noticeable improvement. It's cool when you think about it.

So I tried another image, and it looks good.

578909415_TopazGigapixelAI5_24_20201_36_49PM.thumb.png.0ac7c7553459353b3d789d0b4310c754.png

But what you may not have known is that I resized the original image and then upscaled it. So I will now compare the upscaled image to the original

When comparing it to the original, I was surprised once more, the original is much better, as it shows more detail, although I did not expect this after the great results that I had been getting before.

Screenshot_(1).thumb.png.5f624bf5b06075b1e787cce9ee879eeb.png

If you want to try out Gigapixel AI for yourself, visit this link: https://topazlabs.com/gigapixel-ai/

Hope you enjoyed, comment your feedback below, and message me if you find any other cool AI upscaling products.

Photos 5_24_2020 1_40_06 PM.png

I like what I am seeing! Amazing results! I think I can make use of software like these at work. Is it standalone or works on a separate tool?

3 hours ago, Aaliyah Reynolds said:

I like what I am seeing! Amazing results! I think I can make use of software like these at work. Is it standalone or works on a separate tool?

It's a separate tool for windows, but doesn't require anything else, sadly it is really expensive, a little less than the price of a windows key. Around $100 for a key. and the video enhancer that I showed off costs twice as much. But you can get a free trial for 30 days.