Building a new computer in a guitar amplifier?

Budget (including currency): A bunch in SEK and or EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General computing, programming, some games. The coming version of Microsoft Flight Simulator will probably be the most demanding.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a case that was originally a guitar amplifier. And it fits a Mini-ITX motherboard a PSU with the dimensions 8.5 by 14 by 15 cm. Is that PSU size a standard size and what is that standard called?

I will re use the SSD I already have, I have a Gigabyte GTX 1650 Mini ITX OC 4G graphics card that I think works but I can replace it if necessary.

I was thinking a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard with a Ryzen 5 CPU. But I'm not sure if the Ryzen 5 "3000" series is the same as third generation Ryzen that Gigabyte says is compatible with this motherboard.

And I was thinking of a new PSU, modular, quieter at 400-450W, since The GTX-1650 draws quite little power. The card I have only draws power from the motherboard and if I understand correctly that means it draws quite little power.

I realize that the coming Flight Simulator is really demanding, but I still will prioritize the guitar amplifier case since it's really cool.

Summary, does a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi with a Ryzen 5 and  Gigabyte GTX 1650 Mini ITX OC 4G with a 400-450W PSU seem like a sound build?

Here is a picture of the case I have

image.png.d377def34594b5fbb24c2c4416ff1e2f.png

8 minutes ago, Smetad_Anarkist said:

Budget (including currency): A bunch in SEK and or EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General computing, programming, some games. The coming version of Microsoft Flight Simulator will probably be the most demanding.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a case that was originally a guitar amplifier. And it fits a Mini-ITX motherboard a PSU with the dimensions 8.5 by 14 by 15 cm. Is that PSU size a standard size and what is that standard called?

I will re use the SSD I already have, I have a Gigabyte GTX 1650 Mini ITX OC 4G graphics card that I think works but I can replace it if necessary.

I was thinking a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard with a Ryzen 5 CPU. But I'm not sure if the Ryzen 5 "3000" series is the same as third generation Ryzen that Gigabyte says is compatible with this motherboard.

And I was thinking of a new PSU, modular, quieter at 400-450W, since The GTX-1650 draws quite little power. The card I have only draws power from the motherboard and if I understand correctly that means it draws quite little power.

I realize that the coming Flight Simulator is really demanding, but I still will prioritize the guitar amplifier case since it's really cool.

Summary, does a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi with a Ryzen 5 and  Gigabyte GTX 1650 Mini ITX OC 4G with a 400-450W PSU seem like a sound build?

Here is a picture of the case I have

image.png.d377def34594b5fbb24c2c4416ff1e2f.png

first, that looks like a recipe for molten PC.

but your specs are fine. maybe not 4k 60fps fine, as that needs a i7 9800x and a 2080 but its much better than a i7 3700 and a 770.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

28 minutes ago, Smetad_Anarkist said:

PSU with the dimensions 8.5 by 14 by 15 cm

that's pretty much just a standard ATX PSU. you might want to go for an SFX model tough so you can save some space inside.

30 minutes ago, Smetad_Anarkist said:

looks like a good build to me. the 1650 is capable enough, and you are correct that it needs very little power. the PCI slot provides it up to 75 Watts.

i would be very interested in seeing how you turned an amp into a case tough!

10 hours ago, ketchupspill said:

first, that looks like a recipe for molten PC.

but your specs are fine. maybe not 4k 60fps fine, as that needs a i7 9800x and a 2080 but its much better than a i7 3700 and a 770.

What if I use a more capable cpu cooler than a stock one?

10 hours ago, RollinLower said:

that's pretty much just a standard ATX PSU. you might want to go for an SFX model tough so you can save some space inside.

looks like a good build to me. the 1650 is capable enough, and you are correct that it needs very little power. the PCI slot provides it up to 75 Watts.

i would be very interested in seeing how you turned an amp into a case tough!

Orange used to make these, I think they are discontinued now, but the design is quite simple. The back plate has a tray where the computer is built on and then you screw it to the back of the Amp cabinet. So it's easy to work on since everything lifts out of the cabinet.

4 hours ago, Smetad_Anarkist said:

What if I use a more capable cpu cooler than a stock one?

Orange used to make these, I think they are discontinued now, but the design is quite simple. The back plate has a tray where the computer is built on and then you screw it to the back of the Amp cabinet. So it's easy to work on since everything lifts out of the cabinet.

its not a problem on inside cooling, its in/out

you only have one (dust filter? i guess?) on the front of the PC. that means itll have to have intake/outtake in the same filter, which is most definitely not good. you'd have hot air blowing against the cold air and not getting cold enough air in.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

6 hours ago, ketchupspill said:

its not a problem on inside cooling, its in/out

you only have one (dust filter? i guess?) on the front of the PC. that means itll have to have intake/outtake in the same filter, which is most definitely not good. you'd have hot air blowing against the cold air and not getting cold enough air in.

The entire front of the PC can let air through as well as vents on the side and some on the back. Although those are mostly for the graphics card.

3 hours ago, Smetad_Anarkist said:

The entire front of the PC can let air through as well as vents on the side and some on the back. Although those are mostly for the graphics card.

hm. might actually work lol

just make the front mesh intake, and all the other fans outtake, should work.