Help finding the connector I need

WokeUp
Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
4 minutes ago, MartinWake said:

Gotcha, great video! You'll want the cables with 2x 6+2pin VGA connectors on one end and 8 pins in a solid block on the other end end if the new graphics card requires 2x 8pin connectors total. The end of the cables with the 6+2 pin split should go into your GPU, and the other end that's a solid block of 8 pins total should go into your PSU. :) The CPU 4+4 pin cable is used for motherboards with a CPU power connector that require all 8 pins to be plugged in.

Hey guys I am about to pull the trigger on the XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra and I currently have a evga gtx 980ti so it only has 4+3 pin and for the new card I need 4+4 pin, I have a 850 watt power supply but I am not good with this stuff so what cable should I buy to power this card? thanks guys!

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

Hey guys I am about to pull the trigger on the XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra and I currently have a evga gtx 980ti so it only has 4+3 pin and for the new card I need 4+4 pin, I have a 850 watt power supply but I am not good with this stuff so what cable should I buy to power this card? thanks guys!

ok assuming that you need 2 8 pin pcie cables, they should of come with the psu.  If not you would have to either buy cables for that specific psu or buy a new psu as cables from another psu wont work generally

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

7 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

ok assuming that you need 2 8 pin pcie cables, they should of come with the psu.  If not you would have to either buy cables for that specific psu or buy a new psu as cables from another psu wont work generally

okay yes I checked my box of cables for that power supply and I have two sets of cables that go 4 pin to 4 pin what I don't understand is the part that goes into the graphics card does it look the same on the other side because the cables I have look like that 

RIG: CPU: i7-5930K 4.5GHz GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI Superclocked 6GB RAM: 16GB DDR4 Motherboard: Msi X99S SLI Krait Edition Storage: 128GB SSD 2TB HDD

6 minutes ago, MartinWake said:

okay yes I checked my box of cables for that power supply and I have two sets of cables that go 4 pin to 4 pin what I don't understand is the part that goes into the graphics card does it look the same on the other side because the cables I have look like that 

I'm a little confused over a "4+3" pin power cable, since most CPU power cables are 4 pin, or 4+4 pin, and GPU power cables are 6 pin, or 8 pin... Take pictures of what you have, or list your exact model of power supply and graphics card you intend to purchase (or better, link to them on Amazon or another website) and we can help check to see if you've got the right cables.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

17 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I'm a little confused over a "4+3" pin power cable, since most CPU power cables are 4 pin, or 4+4 pin, and GPU power cables are 6 pin, or 8 pin... Take pictures of what you have, or list your exact model of power supply and graphics card you intend to purchase (or better, link to them on Amazon or another website) and we can help check to see if you've got the right cables.

19 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I think it works that power supply is the evga 850 watt 80 plus and I just connected it so Ig it connects both sides as in the are the same connector ends for the gpu as well as power supply

Gotcha, great video! You'll want the cables with 2x 6+2pin VGA connectors on one end and 8 pins in a solid block on the other end end if the new graphics card requires 2x 8pin connectors total. The end of the cables with the 6+2 pin split should go into your GPU, and the other end that's a solid block of 8 pins total should go into your PSU. :) The CPU 4+4 pin cable is used for motherboards with a CPU power connector that require all 8 pins to be plugged in.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Okay great thanks for the help bro I went ahead and order my graphics card! XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra