Wooo is me...

Well, had one system with a Quadro card fail - the card that is. Bascally this old card cannot handle it. So lost all those points. Then on my i7-2600k at 99% - FAH went totally nuts and died on me! GRRR!! Had to uninstall and reinstall. Veyr fustrating... just lost like 20,000 points. :(

Ahh well, all back up and running....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ah, man, that really sucks. I have had major problem with a CX600 PSU die on me after I took down my i5 rig for switching out the cooler. I just plugged it in again, and the power supply started smelling very bad. I wont see it strange that my 480 dies soon either, it's running on 97 degrees celsius now, and I think that's way too hot. Good luck to you man :)

MEH

Ya, that is a little toasty. :) May want to ramp up the fans on that sucker....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

What I did was I moved the GTX480 downstairs, and the GTX560Ti up to my i7 Alienware rig. Amazingly, the i7 only produces 1-2000 PPD less, and is muuch quiter, and the 560Ti only runs on 70 degrees celsius. The 480, that I moved to the i5 build, I ramped up the fans on, and now I seem to get 85-90 degrees celsius out of the thing. I did mount another fan on it to cool it more, but I suspect I will be buying a aftermarket cooler for it, so I can go down the temperatures at least 20 degrees.

MEH

Ya, that sucker is burning up. :) That is why I love water cooled - my 6870's at 100% load folding hit 38... they used to hit 90...

Can you use this?

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail/index/sArticle/569/sCategory/2182

I read a review on it - a real pain to install, but actually works really well...