2in1 for school

Hello,

Im currently in the need for a 2in1 laptop for school.

The required specs are:

CPU: core i5 or equal ( heard amd cpus have better graphics so thats better i guess?)

GPU: igpu will do im not a heavy

RAM: 8gb or more

STORAGE: 256 gb or more

DISPLAY: at least 1080p full hd

SIZE: 13"-15" smaller is better since i plan to use the device in tablet mode a lot

budget: no more than 1000€ (1086,4 usd)

it should be quiet (the last laptop i used sounded like a jet engine)

usb a ports

i dont really care or need usb type c or thunderbolt ports

btw i live in germany

ready for your suggestions!

XGBC

thank you this helped me really much im still open for suggestions tho

11 minutes ago, XG BC said:

thank you this helped me really much im still open for suggestions tho

how about the thinkpad X390 or X395 (AMD)? i have the X380 from school at it works decently, even for VERY light gaming. my only qualm is storage as i have 128GB, but that doesn't even seem to be an option for newer ones. That being said, i didn't bother checking German retailers for the price or even if it's available.

looks like it's way more in germany - like $500 more, so wonder if theres a better place to get it than notebooksbillinger.de. there is a $500 dollar sale at lenovo.com right now, but i suspect thats a "sale" and it's more of a clearance, as they are probably about to get new models.
p.s., if you look at that one and you really want it, i'd be down to get it and send it to you, as long as you cover all of the costs.

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

6 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

how about the thinkpad X390 or X395 (AMD)? i have the X380 from school at it works decently, even for VERY light gaming. my only qualm is storage as i have 128GB, but that doesn't even seem to be an option for newer ones. That being said, i didn't bother checking German retailers for the price or even if it's available.

looks like it's way more in germany - like $500 more, so wonder if theres a better place to get it than notebooksbillinger.de. there is a $500 dollar sale at lenovo.com right now, but i suspect thats a "sale" and it's more of a clearance, as they are probably about to get new models.
p.s., if you look at that one and you really want it, i'd be down to get it and send it to you, as long as you cover all of the costs.

I second this, if OP is willing to not get a 2-in-1, these are fucking wonderful machines.

Maybe he could also look into a T-series since he said he wanted something larger.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I second this, if OP is willing to not get a 2-in-1, these are fucking wonderful machines.

Maybe he could also look into a T-series since he said he wanted something larger.

mines a 2-in-1, i;'d think the next model year would be too. (two-in-one doesn't necessarily mean that the device detaches right? cause mine flips around so it can go into tablet mode.

1 minute ago, XG BC said:

i now found this one:https://www.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-flex-series/IdeaPad-Flex-5-14ARE-05/p/88IPF501453

i saldly cant find any offers on the ryzen 5 model wich would be ideal

https://www.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/X395/p/22TP2TXX395

wonder if the price will drop more to be more equivalent to the US discounts

i said i wanted something smaller not larger and i specifficaly want a 2in1 because i like to use it as a tablet and not just a clamshell laptop

1 minute ago, XG BC said:

these have qwerty keyboards we have qwertz ones here in germany i would always type an z instead of an y nad vice versa

thats so weird, you'd think they woulda changed the keyboard for different regions

12 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

thats so weird, you'd think they woulda changed the keyboard for different regions

yea it says Tastatur, schwarz – Englisch (GB) wich translates to keyboard,black - english (GB)

i found multiple i 5 ideapad flex 14 ones but none wit the ryzen

if you can afford it you cant go wrong with M surface pro. Love mine, super quick, super light and probably one of the best 2 in 1's in my opinion. Detachable keyboard is awesome and is great for taking notes. I have a surface pro 7, and use it for onsite work and business travel all the time. One hint with surface, always buy the best you can afford because you cannot upgrade them.

Good luck in your search

9 hours ago, XG BC said:

SIZE: 13"-15" smaller is better since i plan to use the device in tablet mode a lot

Surface Pro. "in Tablet Mode", that beats every convertible. Especially, if you want to use the Pen for digital note taking.

A Convertible would be better, if you plan to use it mainly as a Notebook, with the ability to function tablet-ishy~. Weight would be WAY too much in Tablet mode. Trust me. Even 1,3 kg will be extremely annoying to hold.

Sometimes, there are Deals for 799 for the i5, 128gb/8gb Model: https://www.mydealz.de/deals/microsoft-surface-pro-7-123-zoll-2-in-1-tablet-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-128gb-ssd-win-10-home-platin-grau-amazon-1588081

Sometimes even with a Type Cover included