Help needed choosing power supply.

Hey guys, im on a really strict budget of 13000 INR

im planning on building this pc just for normal use such as watching movies/live streams, web browsing, using adb/fastboot commands etc..

Athlon 200ge

MSI a320m A pro max

4gb ddr4 2400mhz crucial 

Haven’t decided a case or psu.

this adds upto 10000 INR

im looking at this psu currently called artis 400r plus 

Artis VIP400R+ 400W SMPS/Power Supply Unit https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01J7NDQ7O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_TZ9XEb7EHXCJA

im wondering if this power supply will be safe enough for this build.

i know i shouldn’t be skimping out on the power supply but in this case I really do not know what to do. 

Is the 200GE cheaper than the 3000G for you? Since you have a MAX motherboard you're looking at, it is compatible with third gen ryzen CPUs so you could use whichever is cheaper.

As for PSU, since you're only powering a dual core CPU and no graphics card, you don't have to worry about the power supply quite as much.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, PostMelone said:

Hey guys, im on a really strict budget of 13000 INR

im planning on building this pc just for normal use such as watching movies/live streams, web browsing, using adb/fastboot commands etc..

Athlon 200ge

MSI a320m A pro max

4gb ddr4 2400mhz crucial 

Haven’t decided a case or psu.

this adds upto 10000 INR

im looking at this psu currently called artis 400r plus 

Artis VIP400R+ 400W SMPS/Power Supply Unit https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01J7NDQ7O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_TZ9XEb7EHXCJA

im wondering if this power supply will be safe enough for this build.

i know i shouldn’t be skimping out on the power supply but in this case I really do not know what to do. 

For this system, I would recommend the following PSU:        https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wbhj4D/thermaltake-smart-500w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-ps-spd-0500npcwus-w

The one you have linked is of questionable quality, it's not 80+ certified at all and is not from a at least somewhat known/reputable brand, never seen of an Artis PSU before in the US, although if that is a well-known brand in your country then it maybe fine, although try to get something that is at least 80+ certified for 500 watts.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Juular said:

Proceeds to link a very high quality PSU. No.

Look at this, OP :

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MTZ96RU?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

A Thermaltake Smart 500w is at least from a somewhat reputable/known brand (Thermaltake) coming with a 5 year warranty and is perfectly okay to be used in a system such as this one that is running a dual-core CPU, no graphics card, and 4GB of RAM. This is a ton better than the Artis PSU that the OP was thinking of using and is a budget-friendly PSU, it's not going to make any practical sense to use an expensive PSU in a low-end system that would have been just fine with an entry-level PSU. My suggestion would be to not buy anything which is not 80+ certified at least, this is a huge red flag for a low-quality/bad PSU. 

That Corsair CX450 costs ₹ 3,989.00, and the OP was looking at a ₹ 799.00 PSU. More likely than not, paying 5 times more for a power supply is way out of the OP's budget, an APU dual-core system isn't going to take that much power, and you will likely be fine with any 80+ certified PSU rated for 500 watts which you can afford within your budget.

@Boomwebsearch 

23 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

coming with a 5 year warranty

3 years.

24 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

expensive PSU

Corsair CX450 isn't expensive, it's almost twice cheaper than TT Smart 500W on Amazon/Newegg India.

25 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

That Corsair CX450 costs ₹ 3,989.00, and the OP was looking at a ₹ 799.00 PSU.

Sure, your option is even more expensive. And considering that they have 3k INR budget left, i reckon that adding another thousand wouldn't be a problem.

26 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

and you will likely be fine with any 80+ certified PSU

PSU quality rarely correlates with it's wattage or efficiency rating.

OP, can you provide some links for other online stores ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

24 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

CX450 is a decent PSU , I wouldn't say very high quality.

Neither did i, but it's better than TT Smart.

20 minutes ago, Juular said:

3 years.

This is incorrect, Thermaltake's Smart 500W PSU comes with a 5 year warranty, not a 3 year warranty.

71Skecnsn-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

24 minutes ago, Juular said:

3 years.

Corsair CX450 costs $70 and the Thermaltake Smart 500W costs $50 where I live, although if it is more expensive where you are shopping from, then I would recommend one of these units which on Amazon.in are cheaper than the CX 450 and have 80+ certification:

https://www.amazon.in/Antec-VP500P-Non-Modular-Gaming-Supply/dp/B07MPN9NRQ/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=500w+80%2B+power+supply&qid=1590167737&refinements=p_85%3A10440599031&rnid=10440598031&rps=1&sr=8-20

https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MWE-450-Watt-Supply/dp/B075F7VZG2/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=500w+80%2B+power+supply&qid=1590167737&refinements=p_85%3A10440599031&rnid=10440598031&rps=1&sr=8-23

32 minutes ago, Juular said:

PSU quality rarely correlates with it's wattage or efficiency rating.

While this is not true in all cases, generally higher quality parts need to be integrated into a power supply which is of higher efficiency (don't take this as advice in terms of you should get the highest efficiency PSU for wanting the one with the best quality), although I wouldn't buy any PSU that does not have an least 80% efficiency certification, a decent modern power supply has at least some type of 80+ certification and rated to deliver around 500 watts continuously (not peak) should work great for a APU-based dual core system. 

@Boomwebsearch 

47 minutes ago, Juular said:

This website says 3 years, although their product page descriptions say 5 years, I think that they need to update either this warranty page or their product page descriptions to show the correct warranty time-frame.

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This website says 3 years, although their product page descriptions say 5 years, I think that they need to update either this warranty page or their product page descriptions to show the correct warranty time-frame.

Or Amazon is just wrong, as usual.