Can you overclock a p52 thinkpad?

Its built with the following: 

Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (2.20 GHz, up to 4.10 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 9 MB Cache)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Memory: 32 GB DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16 GB)

Hard Drive: 1 TB PCIe SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 4GB GDDR5

if so how is it done?

10 minutes ago, .Oz said:

Its built with the following: 

Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (2.20 GHz, up to 4.10 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 9 MB Cache)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Memory: 32 GB DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16 GB)

Hard Drive: 1 TB PCIe SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 4GB GDDR5

if so how is it done?

I wouldn't recommend it, this system is plenty powerful. But if you would want to increase performance by sustaining higher clock speeds for longer, its possible to undervolt the processor. 

Also LM should give you lower temps, so the cpu can turbo up higher

First to answer your question, no, you cannot overclock a Think Pad, I know because I have several of them and honestly why would you?

@Devryd Liquid metal inside a moving laptop is all kinds of crazy because it can run off and cause a short on the motherboard. And also no, it will not turbo higher because the the max turbo is locked in. It's after all a business class laptop, meaning it should not break down and last for years. I have an old T400 on the side that still works perfectly well after almost 12 years of use (about 8 years daily for 8 hours straight).

Replacing the stock thermal paste on the cpu and gpu is a good idea though, it will lower temps and reduce fan noise while idling. I'd recommend Noctua NT-H1 because it lasts long, has good thermal properties and is easy to apply for beginners.

Before applying the new paste, make sure to clean off all of the old first and make sure the copper plates on top are nice and clean as well. There may be some discoloration on the heatpipes, don't worry about it. 

For disassembly use one of many YouTube guides or read the official Lenovo maintenance handbook.