Does bottlenecking last forever?

Yeet_boi200809
Go to solution Solved by 3rrant,
4 minutes ago, Yeet_boi200809 said:

Hello!

i wanted to upgrade my really bad system, (fx 4300, GT 730, no SSD) with an better graphics card, (gtx 1660 super) I've already bought this GPU and i know that it's going to be bottlenecked, but is the bottleneck going to here forever?

In the future, i want to upgrade my CPU to an i3 9100f

If you increase resolution the CPU does less work, so the bottleneck gets less important. But it's still there.

If you don't eliminate the bottleneck, it will always be there.

Hello!

i wanted to upgrade my really bad system, (fx 4300, GT 730, no SSD) with an better graphics card, (gtx 1660 super) I've already bought this GPU and i know that it's going to be bottlenecked, but is the bottleneck going to be here forever?

In the future, i want to upgrade my CPU to an i3 9100f                                (If someone recommends me an CPU because o fthe price, im in germany and prices are sometimes very different. Thx for reading!

1 minute ago, Yeet_boi200809 said:

but is the bottleneck going to here forever?

what do you mean forever? you're saying yourself you want to upgrade your cpu in the future (although I would strongly recommend the ryzen 3 3100 instead of the 9100f)

4 minutes ago, Yeet_boi200809 said:

Hello!

i wanted to upgrade my really bad system, (fx 4300, GT 730, no SSD) with an better graphics card, (gtx 1660 super) I've already bought this GPU and i know that it's going to be bottlenecked, but is the bottleneck going to here forever?

In the future, i want to upgrade my CPU to an i3 9100f

If you increase resolution the CPU does less work, so the bottleneck gets less important. But it's still there.

If you don't eliminate the bottleneck, it will always be there.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

what do you mean forever? you're saying yourself you want to upgrade your cpu in the future (although I would strongly recommend the ryzen 3 3100 instead of the 9100f)

in addition to this, you can also get a cheaper motherboard when going AMD and the R3 3100 is so much better. if you can push it up by an additional $20, the 3300x is also a great buy

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

When all the water is out, bottlenecking will stop. But if there's no water flowing, that means your PC isn't doing anything.

24 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

this and this:

22 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

in addition to this, you can also get a cheaper motherboard when going AMD and the R3 3100 is so much better. if you can push it up by an additional $20, the 3300x is also a great buy

i highly doubt a 3300X or even a 3100 will bottleneck a 1660.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

Just now, Stuttgart said:

this and this:

i highly doubt a 3300X or even a 3100 will bottleneck a 1660.

it wont, it was just a suggestion since they literally have a pretty small price difference. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

5 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

it wont, it was just a suggestion since they literally have a pretty small price difference. 

wasnt meant that way.

I wanted to say that both of these CPUs are a very good choice!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop