GTX 1660 SUPER TEMP

GaryRP

Greetings,

I have a GTX 1660 super Asus Phoenix, for fps it works really great, but i am a little bit scared because of temps. For example in the wither 3 all maxed, i hit 70 degrees to a max of 87, i dont now if that is dangerous or not sould i change it? Any help would be great :)

Anything over 90 is very bad your on the edge, but its fine dont panick. A questions how many fans do you have in the case, anything less than 2 is bad and you should upgrade, i recommend these fans, adds rgb and cools your computer

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0785Q9HX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But at the moment your fine try tweeking the fan speed to 100 if you are very paranoid, msi afterburner is good for it.

Undervolt. And also undervolt. :) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

22 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Undervolt. And also undervolt. :) 

i dont think there is a need for that, he would just be losing power, he would be better off rasing his fan speed. His gpu is 1 fan so there will be heating issues , so just increase fan speed, and also increase fan speed lol.

I have a 1650 super and it reaches about 80 under heavy loads of gaming 

2 hours ago, BigBoiOmar said:

i dont think there is a need for that, he would just be losing power, he would be better off rasing his fan speed. His gpu is 1 fan so there will be heating issues , so just increase fan speed, and also increase fan speed lol.

but he would not be losing PERFORMANCE, only spare some power consumption and a few degrees of celsius.

There is no drawback to a sensibly done UV. Only advantage with unaffected performance...

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

• 1 year later...

My msi Nvidia GTX 1660 super ventus , reached 95 degree while gaming ( was playing forza horizon 4 ) ! Is it ok ? What upgrades should i do ? I have 1 cabinet fan and a CPU fan. 

CPU : ryzen 5 3600

Cabinet : Antec nx 200