Ram compatibility? Help please

Hi. I finally got my system put together and I get a post code 53, no usable memory detected. After some researching I think the ram isn’t compatible with my motherboard, evga z370 ftw and g skill ripjaws v ram. I’m trying to find memory that’s compatible but evga lists only quad channel configs. I found something I can get today I was hoping someone could look over to make sure this is compatible. Corsair venegence rgb pro and model number is: cmw 16gx 4m2 c3000 c15  there isn’t any spaces I just put them in for easier reading

thanks

Ram that is "quad channe" isn't really a thing. You are just adding a DIMM to each channel. It is a marketing thing. As far as ram goes, just grab another kit for testing and see how it goes. Though that is unusual for the ripjaws not to work. Have you done a bios update?

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Ram that is "quad channe" isn't really a thing. You are just adding a DIMM to each channel. It is a marketing thing. As far as ram goes, just grab another kit for testing and see how it goes. Though that is unusual for the ripjaws not to work. Have you done a bios update?

No, I’m trying to get it to boot for the first time. Most of the officially supported memory is over $200 and I’m just wanting either 2x8gb or 2x16gb for now

Just now, WanderingFoe said:

No, I’m trying to get it to boot for the first time. Most of the officially supported memory is over $200 and I’m just wanting either 2x8gb or 2x16gb for now

Have you tried just installing a single stick into the system? Try the same stick in each slot. Then do it again with another stick. Check to see if your board supports updating the bios with a CPU. A lot of the higher end boards have that feature. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

6 minutes ago, WanderingFoe said:

No, I’m trying to get it to boot for the first time.

Which diagnostic LED's are lit during the hang? It's really uncommon for memory to not work on Z370.

Additionally, what slots did you install the DIMM's into? According to the manual, it should be 2 & 4 for a dual-DIMM setup, 2 for a single.

https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/134-KS-E377.pdf

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

3 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Which diagnostic LED's are lit during the hang? It's really uncommon for memory to not work on Z370.

Additionally, what slots did you install the DIMM's into? According to the manual, it should be 2 & 4 for a dual-DIMM setup, 2 for a single.

https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/134-KS-E377.pdf

He says error code 53. 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

He says error code 53. 

This board also supports diagnostic LED's for memory, CPU, +12V power, and +5V VSB, among other things.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

He says error code 53. 

I first used slot 2 and 4. I saw someone said ram worked only in slot 2 so I tried a single channel in slot 2 and then 4

For shits and giggles, try a single stick in the very first slot, test, move to next slot, test, and so on. Do the same thing for the other stick. Possible some other nonsense is going on. Also check under your CPU for any bent pins. 

4 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

He says error code 53. 

It’s error light #3

3 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

For shits and giggles, try a single stick in the very first slot, test, move to next slot, test, and so on. Do the same thing for the other stick. Possible some other nonsense is going on. Also check under your CPU for any bent pins. 

A bent cpu pin would cause a memory error?

1 minute ago, WanderingFoe said:

A bent pin could cause all kinds of issues. If it's a pin for the memory controller in the CPU, then yes.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, WanderingFoe said:

I have seen a bent pin a socket cause a number of issues. It is the brain of system. ANY damage to the pins will cause issues. 

PCIe lanes missing
Memory channels not working

Dimm slots not working
Sata ports not working

Instability

Crashing
Issue posting

I can go on and on and on. 

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

A bent pin could cause all kinds of issues. If it's a pin for the memory controller in the CPU, then yes.

Kind of dumb question but can I check for bent pins without removing cpu? The less I have to mess with that the better

25 minutes ago, WanderingFoe said:

Kind of dumb question but can I check for bent pins without removing cpu? The less I have to mess with that the better

You can only find bent pins by removing the CPU. Look very closely at the socket and look for anything that looks out of place. Look at different angles as well. All the pins should be in perfect rows.