How Do You Change Your Title?

How do you cet promoted from "newbie" to "junior member" to "member" and etc? Just out of curiosity.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

Posts count i think

I dont think so, some junior members have 125+ posts, while i've seen a member with only 52 posts.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

I don't actually think that title updates. I know the bottom one which is infact your actual user group changes however the top one I don't think does. The top title for all existing members will have carried over from vB however at a certain post count I'm pretty sure IPB unlocks the function for users to change their title.

I got to 600 and it automatically gave me the coon :shifty: 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

There's an option in your control panel/settings to change your top title, but the title under your avatar won't change unless you get to certain post counts.

I dont think so, some junior members have 125+ posts, while i've seen a member with only 52 posts.

Likes maybe?

It's sorted by the date you joined the forum and your activity i'd reckon.

Posts count i think

Actually, all you have to do is walk up Mount Matterhorn with a Corsair 900D with 10 Hard Drives in it strapped to your back, and two Prodigy systems under each arm. Should you survive,  at the top you will meet Guru Linus who will grant you the next title up on the forum, the answer to one question of your choice, and a 50" TFT panel to slide back down on.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Actually, all you have to do is walk up Mount Matterhorn with a Corsair 900D with 10 Hard Drives in it strapped to your back, and two Prodigy systems under each arm. Should you survive,  at the top you will meet Guru Linus who will grant you the next title up on the forum, the answer to one question of your choice, and a 50" TFT panel to slide back down on.

Haha. :D Fantastic.

The titles "Junior Member" and "Senior Member" are vBulletin titles. These would roll over from vBulletin, and can't be changed.

The title "Member" is both a vBulletin and IPB title.

Newbie is the IPB title you get upon account creation. After a few posts, you become a member. After around 30 posts, you get the title "Advanced Member".

Custom user titles (like The Coon) are linked to your post count - once you hit a certain number of posts, you can change your title by editing your Profile.

The date you joined isn't specifically linked, however your titles from vBulletin roll over onto IPB. I am unsure if the titles change to IPB titles (like advanced member) once you unlock them.

The titles "Junior Member" and "Senior Member" are vBulletin titles. These would roll over from vBulletin, and can't be changed.

The title "Member" is both a vBulletin and IPB title.

Newbie is the IPB title you get upon account creation. After a few posts, you become a member. After around 30 posts, you get the title "Advanced Member".

Custom user titles (like The Coon) are linked to your post count - once you hit a certain number of posts, you can change your title by editing your Profile.

The date you joined isn't specifically linked, however your titles from vBulletin roll over onto IPB. I am unsure if the titles change to IPB titles (like advanced member) once you unlock them.

I better start being more active for some weird title then :D

okay so any idea how many posts it takes to unlock before we moved i think i have 40 or so posts so thats 110+ since the new forum and mine still wont allow me to change it

I think it would be cooler for other people to decide your title. Like an actual nickname, you usually dont get to pick it yourself unless your on the internet.

okay so any idea how many posts it takes to unlock before we moved i think i have 40 or so posts so thats 110+ since the new forum and mine still wont allow me to change it

Go to profile settings > Profile Information > Member Title: "insert whatever you want that's appropriate" :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

ya i dont have that option :( guess ill be junior member for life eventually all the vb will change theres ill just leave mine for kicks lol

ya i dont have that option :( guess ill be junior member for life eventually all the vb will change theres ill just leave mine for kicks lol

The option might become available after a few hundred posts. I'm not exactly sure.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

okay Ill just hold out but I dont see how it takes that many as I have seen people with like 60 and diffrent titles

since were here what are the stars on profile mean

okay Ill just hold out but I dont see how it takes that many as I have seen people with like 60 and diffrent titles

I think you probably alot more than 200, I'm over and I still can't change it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I think you probably alot more than 200, I'm over and I still can't change it.

I see that i think it has to do with us being form the VB days as i have seen people with only 60-70 posts and they can change it.