can you overclock a ryzen 5 2600 on a ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

Okay so I have a ryzen 2600 and an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 And before I destroy my cpu or motherboard I was wondering if I can over lock my cpu safety (if you have a video that can help me please fell free to link)

2 minutes ago, FluffyGhost said:

Okay so I have a ryzen 2600 and an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 And before I destroy my cpu or motherboard I was wondering if I can over lock my cpu safety (if you have a video that can help me please fell free to link)

The board seems...meh. I can't say too much about it but with a board like that I reccomend a light OC at worst, and no OC at best. As for a vid, if you're determined to do it then most OC'ing videos, by basically anybody on the front page of youtube results for: 'Overclocking with Ryzen 2000' Should be fine but make sure that the video isn't fked up or something.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Yes, you can. However, I would advise against it unless you have two things:

1. Decent airflow around the VRM (the metal heatsinks on the motherboard).
  2. A good CPU cooler.

The first is usually as simple as adding a case fan (the ones that come pre-installed usually aren't enough), and the second by getting a new CPU heatsink, as the stock one is really only made for stock speeds.

Also keep in mind that there isn't a lot of headroom on the 2600, or with Ryzen in general. You can probably increase it 200MHz though.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I’ve got 5 fans all at 1200rpm and a decent airflow case I have the Thermaltake Versa N27 Mid Tower Case 

15 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

The board seems...meh. I can't say too much about it but with a board like that I reccomend a light OC at worst, and no OC at best. As for a vid, if you're determined to do it then most OC'ing videos, by basically anybody on the front page of youtube results for: 'Overclocking with Ryzen 2000' Should be fine but make sure that the video isn't fked up or something.

Cool I might lightly over lock it then or maybe swap out my motherboard

8 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Yes, you can. However, I would advise against it unless you have two things:

1. Decent airflow around the VRM (the metal heatsinks on the motherboard).
  2. A good CPU cooler.

The first is usually as simple as adding a case fan (the ones that come pre-installed usually aren't enough), and the second by getting a new CPU heatsink, as the stock one is really only made for stock speeds.

Also keep in mind that there isn't a lot of headroom on the 2600, or with Ryzen in general. You can probably increase it 200MHz though.

If I change out my motherboard do u think I can get away with overclocking on a MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX

Just now, FluffyGhost said:

If I change out my motherboard do u think I can get away with overclocking on a MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX

The motherboard is decent but I still don't reccomend oc'ing too much. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

The motherboard is decent but I still don't reccomend oc'ing too much. 

Yeah I don’t plan on heavy oc’ing just moderate nothing too much

You can get the 2600 to somewhere around 4.0 to 4.2 Ghz depending on your Chip and Board. 
Do it slowly, test for stability, increase voltage slowly , stay below 1.4V maybe even below 1.38V to ensure longer life of the CPU.