How to set it to boot to a USB drive.

kpwoerth

I am trying to run the TAILS OS off of a USB drive, but I can't get it to boot. I tried all of the options listed for booting, but they all just booted windows. I also tried changing the boot priority, but there was no option for a removable drive. All of the tutorials I have found so far say to change setting that by bios doesn't even have. (the images go from bottom to top)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

9 minutes ago, kpwoerth said:

I am trying to run the TAILS OS off of a USB drive, but I can't get it to boot. I tried all of the options listed for booting, but they all just booted windows. I also tried changing the boot priority, but there was no option for a removable drive. All of the tutorials I have found so far say to change setting that by bios doesn't even have. (the images go from bottom to top)

It's USB-HDD you need to boot off of a USB-stick. Also, did you actually make a bootable USB-stick correctly? If it's not made correctly, your BIOS will just boot Windows.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

18 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's USB-HDD you need to boot off of a USB-stick. Also, did you actually make a bootable USB-stick correctly? If it's not made correctly, your BIOS will just boot Windows.

I have followed the tutorial on the tails download page, but I think this may be my issue. I downloaded a program to test the USB to see if it was bootable, but all I get is an error asking me to insert a USB. (which I did) The USB also no longer shows up anywhere in the file explorer when I plug it in, although it does make the noise. I have tried reinstalling the iso to no avail.