cant connect to my own terraria dedicated server

mxk

Hi forums, I've been having issues with setting up a terraria server from my old computer. I'm using the built in terraria server hosting (not the steam connections) and I finally was able to get all my friends to connect with my IP, but I can't connect from my main gaming computer. My brother, who is on wifi was able to connect too. I was able to connect from the server pc with the localhost ip (127.0.0.1) but I just can't connect from my own PC. Both the server and my main PC are connected into the same router. I think it might be something with my firewall but I have no idea since I'm a noob with these kind of things. 

If anyone has any idea for what might be happening any help is really appreciated because all my friends are playing without me... DD:

edit: I tried my ipv4 IP and my actual IP that would show my location

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

I'm not sure exactly what your issue might be; but it's generally not a great idea to just be giving out your IP address to those who wish to connect. I do some minecraft server hosting; what I do is run a program called NoIP on the host which links it to a .hopto domain name. The advantage of using NoIP is that it provides a basic layer of protection to those trying to attack your home network (Very basic, just hides your IP from a basic look), and it dynamically updates so if your ISP decides you have a different IP address, it will update within 5 minutes. In my case, I then take the NoIP domain it gives me and use SSLH to set up a Ubuntu server with AWS EC2 and simply have it redirect all connections to the .hopto domain. This is what provides the real protection, because AWS DDOS protects their EC2 servers and anyone trying to hack you will be trying to hack Amazon, which probably won't work. They also offer free static IPV4 IPS, "Elastic IPs" so you can then buy a GoDaddy domain or something similar to point to your AWS IP. I'm doing this for minecraft, so I followed this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/440752/protect-your-home-minecraft-server-from-ddos-attacks-with-aws/

The only thing wrong with it is one line partway down the page, it says

DAEMON_OPTS="--user sslh --listen 0.0.0.0:25565 --anyprot your_ip_address:25565 --pidfile /var/run/sslh/sslh.pid

When what it really should say is

DAEMON_OPTS="--user sslh --listen 0.0.0.0:25565 --anyprot your_ip_address:25565 --pidfile /var/run/sslh/sslh.pid"

(The quote at the end is important, so it closes the string. Otherwise you will get an error).

The method I described above is all free, besides from the 1$ or whatever for a .us GoDaddy domain, and AWS fees if you go above a certain amount of data throughput.

It's my IP just for my friends

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

I typed that all out for you; you might as well do it, it's free. At least set up the free NoIP server, that will probably fix your problem. Also, my friend group phishes the others to try and get their data / IP addresses and then DDOSes them while they try and play competitive games, so I would be careful. (Perhaps my friend group is a little weird, but there you go)

I trust my friends a lot they're my brother and I's real friends that live close. I'll look into what you said I appreciate it a lot I'm just a little stressed right now.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

11 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Also, my friend group phishes the others to try and get their data / IP addresses and then DDOSes them while they try and play competitive games, so I would be careful. (Perhaps my friend group is a little weird, but there you go)

Bro, What? Why would you share that?