BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE AND OTHER ISSUES

LouStaley

Hello everyone,

I posted the other day about an error with my new build, seemed like a fresh install of w10 would do the trick, I tried that and it didn't

Basically, my issue is that sometimes my PC will either BSOD when playing games/watching videos, or just do a reboot with no warning (the latter usually happens when playing a game).

I have tried using DDU to wipe old drivers, reinstalled the latest ones, tried MSI's, then tried AMD's chipset drivers, tried recommended/ optional GPU drivers.

I also tried checking to see if I had any corrupted OS Files with an SFC \scannow tool, it found some but this didn't fix anything. 

The BSOD error is a Video TDR Failure error and the file that failed is Atikmpag.sys

The reboot comes without warning, I have attached some event files but I'm not very savvy with these things so I am unsure if these mean anything/ are relevant, but I am gettnig several errors i.e. 

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-HIQOELC\LOuis SID (S-1-5-21-3768513776-4172844786-1477911593-1003) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

"DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service camsvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: Windows.Internal.CapabilityAccess.CapabilityAccess"

License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007007B Command-line arguments: RuleId=502ff3ba-669a-4674-bbb1-601f34a3b968;Action=AutoActivateSilent;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=58e97c99-f377-4ef1-81d5-4ad5522b5fd8;NotificationInterval=1440;Trigger=NetworkAvailable

I'm using a Powercolor Radeon RX 5600 XT

MSI b450M PRO-VDH-Max Amd Socket AM4 motherboard

EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU

Amd Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

applicationsevent.evtx systemevents.evtx

22 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

anyone?

I'm not familiar with those error codes but what PSU do you have and can you please list the specs of your pc please

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I'm not familiar with those error codes but what PSU do you have and can you please list the specs of your pc please

PSU is 750W EVGA Supernova G2

Radeon Rx 5600XT

amd ryzen 5 3600

MSI B450m Pro VDH Plus Max

16gb ddr4 Ram 

windows 10 build 1909

Just now, LouStaley said:

PSU is 750W EVGA Supernova G2

Radeon Rx 5600XT

amd ryzen 5 3600

MSI B450m Pro VDH Plus Max

16gb ddr4 Ram 

windows 10 build 1909

@TofuHaroto

1 minute ago, LouStaley said:

How old are the components (including PSU )

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

How old are the components (including PSU )

@TofuHarotoEverything is brand new, except the PSU, HDD and SSD (latter two are maybe a year old) and PSU is 4/5 years old

2 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

@TofuHarotoEverything is brand new, except the PSU, HDD and SSD (latter two are maybe a year old) and PSU is 4/5 years old

WOOOH that PSU is old 

Do you have a spare PSU to try ?

Build Log: 

It's not really that old, it didn't get much use, it has been given to me by a friend who doesn't use his PC anymore, so it probably wasn't used for the past few years,

I don't have another PSU that would support the specs that I have, because the whole reason that I upgraded was bc of a PSU failure just around 2 weeks ago with my old one!

I'm not convinced its a hardware problem, but I suppose it could be?

@TofuHaroto

3 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

It's not really that old, it didn't get much use, it has been given to me by a friend who doesn't use his PC anymore, so it probably wasn't used for the past few years,

I don't have another PSU that would support the specs that I have, because the whole reason that I upgraded was bc of a PSU failure just around 2 weeks ago with my old one!

I'm not convinced its a hardware problem, but I suppose it could be?

@TofuHaroto

It could be a bad PSU as old PSUs tend to degrade in quality especially the rails and capacitors and vrms it you can't try maybe stressing the system and see if that helps 

Build Log: 

It could be a bad PSU as old PSUs tend to degrade in quality especially the rails and capacitors and vrms it you can't try maybe stressing the system and see if that helps 

any recommendations of what stress tests to run? i'd have expected a PSU to endure a lot more than the one I'm using, before it fails?

@TofuHaroto

any recommendations of what stress tests to run

Try furmark

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try furmark

Attempted, was running fine for maybe 2 minutes, then system rebooted, my screen turned to static for a second, then system restarted

Attempted, was running fine for maybe 2 minutes, then system rebooted, my screen turned to static for a second, then system restarted

It's bad power delivery 

Build Log: 

It's bad power delivery 

so the only fix would be to buy a new PSU?

is there a different test I can run to test power delivery before spending another £100?

@TofuHaroto

3 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

so the only fix would be to buy a new PSU?

is there a different test I can run to test power delivery before spending another £100?

@TofuHaroto

You don't need to spend a 100  pounds 

Since it is not guaranteed it's the PSU it is just most likely

So If you can put your GPU and CPU (if possible in a friend's system and test it or if you can borrow a PSU from a friend who either is willing or has a spare one 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

You don't need to spend a 100  pounds 

Since it is not guaranteed it's the PSU it is just most likely

So If you can put your GPU and CPU (if possible in a friend's system and test it or if you can borrow a PSU from a friend who either is willing or has a spare one 

I'll see if I can find someone, what would u say that the minimum PSU requirements are for me to troubleshoot this?

I'll see if I can find someone, what would u say that the minimum PSU requirements are for me to troubleshoot this?

550w should do you fine but 500 should have no problem as well 

Again don't buy a PSU before we can confirm the diagnose is correct

Build Log: 

Also, I just checked my system notifications, and its said that "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware" and the app was furmark, could this have caused the reboot?

@TofuHaroto

4 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

Also, I just checked my system notifications, and its said that "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware" and the app was furmark, could this have caused the reboot?

@TofuHaroto

Yes it could 

From what I have seen it is caused because of outdated drivers 

So maybe try installing new ones and see 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Yes it could 

From what I have seen it is caused because of outdated drivers 

So maybe try installing new ones and see 

everything i Have should be up to date, i've spent hours looking for drivers,

i have latest chipset and GPU, as well as realtek audio and ethernet

everything i Have should be up to date, i've spent hours looking for drivers,

i have latest chipset and GPU, as well as realtek audio and ethernet

as in i've tried both 20.4.2 and 20.2.2 for Radeon Drivers

8 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

as in i've tried both 20.4.2 and 20.2.2 for Radeon Drivers

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

550w should do you fine but 500 should have no problem as well 

Again don't buy a PSU before we can confirm the diagnose is correct

Then this should be the only thing left to try 

Build Log: 

11 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Then this should be the only thing left to try 

I ran furmark again and had different errors: this has popped up

Snapchat-1690426082.jpg

Snapchat-1158443998.jpg