BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE AND OTHER ISSUES

LouStaley
10 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

I ran furmark again and had different errors: this has popped up

Snapchat-1690426082.jpg

Snapchat-1158443998.jpg

From what I have seen it's a display driver issue 

Maybe try ddu in safe mode and clean uninstall ALL your drivers and install the newest ones again 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

From what I have seen it's a display driver issue 

Maybe try ddu in safe mode and clean uninstall ALL your drivers and install the newest ones again 

@TofuHaroto

reinstalled drivers, forgot to mention been stress testing on Heaven, it works thru one benchmark but towards the end of the second reboots, no bsod just reboot

edit: went into safe mode, blocked windows update uninstalled display drivers and reinstalled 20.2.1, crashed at the beginning of heaven stress test.

3 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

@TofuHaroto

reinstalled drivers, forgot to mention been stress testing on Heaven, it works thru one benchmark but towards the end of the second reboots, no bsod just reboot

edit: went into safe mode, blocked windows update uninstalled display drivers and reinstalled 20.2.1, crashed at the beginning of heaven stress test.

did you try furmark ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

did you try furmark ?

I'll give it another try now, but if a reboot happens with heaven would it not mean that somethings wrong regardless?

9 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

I'll give it another try now, but if a reboot happens with heaven would it not mean that somethings wrong regardless?

Then the only thing I'm thinking of is a aging PSU

Build Log: 

38 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Then the only thing I'm thinking of is a aging PSU

So, update, i blocked windows update uninstalled drivers again and reinstalled chipset and display, and i could run 5 succesful heaven instances, then started playing cod modern warfare. and after maybe 10-11 minutes, the display cut out, audio was gone, but the pc didnt reboot or anything, I had to manually turn it off...

Im not sure what this means to the issue as far as progression with solving it goes?

So, update, i blocked windows update uninstalled drivers again and reinstalled chipset and display, and i could run 5 succesful heaven instances, then started playing cod modern warfare. and after maybe 10-11 minutes, the display cut out, audio was gone, but the pc didnt reboot or anything, I had to manually turn it off...

Im not sure what this means to the issue as far as progression with solving it goes?

What is your temps

And can you try 1 stick at a time and see if the issue resolves

Build Log: 

17 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What is your temps

And can you try 1 stick at a time and see if the issue resolves

the temps seem fine, like sub 70

by this do you mean one stick of Ram at a time?

4 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

by this do you mean one stick of Ram at a time?

Yes :)

Build Log: 

14 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yes :)

Update, went to look at RAM, and found that GPU has a silent mode option switch, I flicked this on, and my pc is far more stable, doesn't seem like it will randomly reboot or turn off, BUT the performance in games is not representative of the FPS that I'm supposedly getting, as in stuttery and not smooth

2 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

Update, went to look at RAM, and found that GPU has a silent mode option switch, I flicked this on, and my pc is far more stable, doesn't seem like it will randomly reboot or turn off, BUT the performance in games is not representative of the FPS that I'm supposedly getting, as in stuttery and not smooth

Well yes that is expected when the gpu runs slower lol 

Try maybe stressing it with the silent mode and check if any crashes happen 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Well yes that is expected when the gpu runs slower lol 

Try maybe stressing it with the silent mode and check if any crashes happen 

I know it's expected but I meant to mention that by stability I meant it hadn't crashed or anything, I a heaven stress test 4 times over and I'm running furmark as we speak, currently at 10 minutes and it all seems fine, around 74°C

Just now, LouStaley said:

I know it's expected but I meant to mention that by stability I meant it hadn't crashed or anything, I a heaven stress test 4 times over and I'm running furmark as we speak, currently at 10 minutes and it all seems fine, around 74°C

After fur Mark is done if it doesn't crash I think I solved the puzzle ;)

Build Log: 

After fur Mark is done if it doesn't crash I think I solved the puzzle ;)

Just to double check I'm not being a complete noob, how long does furmark take/ how do I know if set it to completion? 😅

4 minutes ago, LouStaley said:

Just to double check I'm not being a complete noob, how long does furmark take/ how do I know if set it to completion? 😅

Since I also forgot lmao 

It takes around half an hour give or take

Build Log: 

56 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Since I also forgot lmao 

It takes around half an hour give or take

Run it once for 35, on 25 mins now and seems fine (still in silent mode)

Would you say that it's a power supply issue then? @TofuHaroto

15897235829292416606497308105176.jpg

Run it once for 35, on 25 mins now and seems fine (still in silent mode)

Would you say that it's a power supply issue then? @TofuHaroto

15897235829292416606497308105176.jpg

I don't want to say it's difinitive but it's the only option left

If you can get a spare PSU from a friend or something and test it maybe we can get a difinitive answer 

Just don't buy one until we are sure 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you can get a spare PSU from a friend or something and test it maybe we can get a difinitive answer 

BSOD just came up again, closed down furmark and was browsing on chrome, had the same atikmpag.sys, video tdr failure

@TofuHaroto

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It seems that the error only occurs now when im watching videos? Like when i scroll through facebook and videos auto play

It seems that the error only occurs now when im watching videos? Like when i scroll through facebook and videos auto play

from what i have seen if your running an amd gpu (which you are ) it looks like windows is trying to install drivers but since you have the latest one its over writing it and is making a mess so disable windows auto updating your drivers abd see if that helps 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

from what i have seen if your running an amd gpu (which you are ) it looks like windows is trying to install drivers but since you have the latest one its over writing it and is making a mess so disable windows auto updating your drivers abd see if that helps 

ive already disabled my windows update in services.msc?!

So @TofuHaroto

I tried once again a full fresh install of W10, and then I went through Facebook and YouTube and did not receive the crash error at all

I installed the new drivers from the manufacturer discs (chipset and display drivers) and I went back to scroll through Facebook and got a blue screen almost instantly, with the same atikmpag.sys tdr failure

I installed the AMD Radeon drivers through the factory reset options which temporary disables windows update, and my system is running in the silent switch mode

So @TofuHaroto

I tried once again a full fresh install of W10, and then I went through Facebook and YouTube and did not receive the crash error at all

I installed the new drivers from the manufacturer discs (chipset and display drivers) and I went back to scroll through Facebook and got a blue screen almost instantly, with the same atikmpag.sys tdr failure

I installed the AMD Radeon drivers through the factory reset options which temporary disables windows update, and my system is running in the silent switch mode

then it is windows fucking every thing up 

Build Log: 

then it is windows fucking every thing up 

So what would be my next port of call?😂😂

Spoiler