Fx-8320 Or I5 2500k

I will sell you a 2500k and msi gd55 for $200 and you pay shipping. Great deal. PM me if interested. 

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

The reason no one wants AMD cpus is the piledriver series was horrible.They have done much better with the 83 series cpus.All those complaints of games freezing and cores not working while trying to play a game like Black ops2 was horrible.I go around all forums from BF3 to Black ops to OC.net and the pile driver series was really a PILE...But to answer your question you should get the AMD as the two options you listed the AMD is better IMO..Here is a link for cpu comp 

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=698

You mean Bulldozer, the 8300 series is Piledriver.

Actually, the CPU is responsible for sending the data to the GPU to process and then back again to the CPU, which is why if you have a Pentium 4, for example, with a Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, you get like 10 FPS. That is why the hUMA is such a revolution in APUs, because it enables both the CPU and the GPU to share the same pool of memory, so that the CPU no longer has to send data to the GPU to get processed and then the GPU has to send it back to the CPU again which then has to read it in the memory. But, we got off topic. If you look at the benchmarks that Linus did, then you would see that the 3570k performs better then that of the 8350 and consumes less power. Does it outperform that of the 8350 by much, not really and the 8350 is more overclockable, but your getting the Intel quality. I mean, Intel must be doing something right if they have 4 cores, with NO Hyper threading (in the case of the 3570k), and it is outperforming that of an 8350, which is an 8 core processor. And DO not get last gen Sandy Bridge quadcores because they have 32 nm lithography while that of ivy bridge has 22 nm lithography which means that the latter will get better temperatures when at full load or when overclocked at full load. So keep that in mind.

This has got to be the least objective recommendation on this thread, you go on glorifying intel's processors & comparing core counts as if they were identical architectures.

The facts are the facts & the FX 8350 is a more powerful chip not just than the i5 3570K but the i7 3770K as well in many cases, single threaded performance will not matter anymore, the future of gaming is clearly multi core reliant as has been demonstrated on both next gen consoles.

Game developers today will choose the FX 8350 over the 3570K.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10522-game-developers-choose-amd-over-intel-for-gaming/

The point you make about energy efficiency is valid but it's also pointless, because the AMD 8 core CPUs are already cheaper than the unlocked quad core intels, so you make up the difference in power consumption costs immediately.

You mean Bulldozer, the 8300 series is Piledriver.

This has got to be the least objective recommendation on this thread, you go on glorifying intel's processors & comparing core counts as if they were identical architectures.

The facts are the facts & the FX 8350 is a more powerful chip not just than the i5 3570K but the i7 3770K as well in many cases, single threaded performance will not matter anymore, the future of gaming is clearly multi core reliant as has been demonstrated on both next gen consoles.

Game developers today will choose the FX 8350 over the 3570K.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10522-game-developers-choose-amd-over-intel-for-gaming/

The point you make about energy efficiency is valid but it's also pointless, because the AMD 8 core CPUs are already cheaper than the unlocked quad core intels, so you make up the difference in power consumption costs immediately.

You are right thats what i meant..  :D

I would personally not buy either at this point unless you're really itching to upgrade when haswell is right around the corner.

i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 1.37v | Asus Z490-E Strix | Asus Rtx 2080ti Strix | 16Gb Trident Z Rgb @ 3600MHz | Samsung 970 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w  | Corsair 500D | Celcius s36 /w ML Pro's

i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz, 1.31v | Asus Z370-A Prime | Asus Gtx 1080ti Strix | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | Samsung 850 Evo | Corsair TX 650W  | Corsair 750D | Corsair H100i v2 /w SP-120's

here is a 3570k vs a 8320

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/701?vs=698

And here is a 3770k vs a 8350

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/551?vs=697

Looks to be a clear winner in both test.IMO

I hope your saying that the i5 & i7 win a majority of the benchmarks.....

the i5 wins 28 benches out of 37 benchmarks......(may have miscounted by 1 or 2)

and the i7 wins all of the benchmarks (pretty sure,only glanced)

while I agree that the FX is a better option than the 2500K,I would argue that the 3570K may or may not be worth it depending on what the person is doing,and the 3770K is definitely better provided that the application can make use of the extra threads.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I would go for an Fx-8320 not because im a AMD Fan but for future proofing.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I hope your saying that the i5 & i7 win a majority of the benchmarks.....

the i5 wins 28 benches out of 37 benchmarks......(may have miscounted by 1 or 2)

and the i7 wins all of the benchmarks (pretty sure,only glanced)

while I agree that the FX is a better option than the 2500K,I would argue that the 3570K may or may not be worth it depending on what the person is doing,and the 3770K is definitely better provided that the application can make use of the extra threads.

Yes i was saying that the intel wins 75 percent of test.And you can get a 3770k for $229 now.So for me i would rather have intel.

Yes i was saying that the intel wins 75 percent of test.And you can get a 3770k for $229 now.So for me i would rather have intel.

$229 for a 3770k is way to cheap, in Australia, it would cost least $343 and on Amazon it is $318, not sure where your getting your prices from.

O.O But then again this only applies to the U.S.

Yes it does.Sorry about the mix up.That's one hell of a price for a 3770k.

Yes it does.Sorry about the mix up.That's one hell of a price for a 3770k.

Couldn't agree more!

2500K most of them make 4,7 ghz.

Right here sir...This is in America only but it has been on sale for a month now..Microcenter always has some amazing deals on CPUs

http://microcenter.com/product/388575/Core_i7_3770K_35GHz_LGA_1155_Processor

You have to do an in-store pickup T_T.

The AMD processors are also significantly cheaper in microcenter.

http://microcenter.com/product/401796/FX_8320_Black_Edition_35GHz_AM3_Boxed_Processor

$229 for a 3770k is way to cheap, in Australia, it would cost least $343 and on Amazon it is $318, not sure where your getting your prices from.

You can get the 3770 for $455 here in NZ. I would have thought in Aussi that it would be cheaper then what you have found. But out of the USA I think that AMD for Price vs Performance is the best. 3770K $455 vs 8320 $219, both will over clock but look at diff. in price. :o  (Using NZ price as it is closer I think to AUD)

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

here is a 3570k vs a 8320

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/701?vs=698

And here is a 3770k vs a 8350

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/551?vs=697

Looks to be a clear winner in both test.IMO

Sorry, but this comparison is a bit off. You compared 2 sets of CPUs where on the AMD side the CPU is at least $50 cheaper than the CPU from the Intel side. You should have compared two CPUs at around the same price point, hence the FX-8350 vs the i5-3570k. With these two CPUs, both perform about the same overall. It all comes down to preference, what you want to do with it and how much you're willing to spend.

That said, the OPs question was the 2500k or 8320. These two CPUs are almost identical in performance, so again, it all comes down to preference, what you want to do with it and how much you're willing to spend.

WOW, $455 for a 3770, your better off buying it online from Australia and getting a company to ship it there which is cheaper.

if you have the $20 extra I would say get the FV 8350, it is a great CPU. 

If it were me.. I would buy the 8320 ONLY because i would benefit from it in areas that it performs better such as 3d rendering.. For most people i would say the 2500k

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)