Looking To Buy Games & Consoles On The Cheap. Anyone Have Any Suggestions Or Recommendations?

Well, the console-gaming journey continues. I have definitely made some progress since my last post here, but there are still certain questions & topics yet to be answered.

1. Has anyone here had any experience with GameFlip? I stumbled upon them after doing a Google search, & they appear to be a decent option for getting games & possibly consoles on the cheap. But I'm not so sure. After looking up reviews for them, there are some negative reviews for them as well as certain complaints, but I'm not sure if the reviews I have seen are fake or just what. 🤔 Anyway, I would like to hear from any of you if you have had any dealings or experience with them!

2. I have checked out Ebay & Facebook Marketplace & they have a lot of what I'm looking for. Only problem is the various prices & the distance between me & the seller(s) on FB Marketplace. Also, I'm not a big fan of Ebay for certain reasons. If I had a vehicle of my own, I would be able to travel the distance for some of these FB Marketplace listings. But since I don't & I'm unemployed, that makes it all the more complicated for me.>:( With that being said, I was wondering if anyone could give me any website suggestions/recommendations where I might be able to get games & game consoles for dirt cheap prices without getting ripped-off or scammed in the process? Great, low prices, & excellent selection/availability, etc. BTW, if it helps, I'm located in central Illinois USA. [I recently updated my profile so there shouldn't be any issues if you want some info about me.] 

So yeah, hope you guys have some great suggestions or recommendations! Also, if you need any details which might allow you to help me, go ahead, ask & I'll fill you in! 

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who might be able to help! :D 

Edited by Kjennings92

Flea markets and garage sales are probably your best bet, once the whole 'rona situation kinda dies down and people will actually be organizing those again.

Swap meets - from the videos i have seen from them - seem to have buyers who ask a lot more money.

At the moment, your best bet probably still is contacting those FB market sellers and seeing if they can meet halfway; but for the real bargains, you do have to do some work (as in, meet with them, instead of having them meet with you..).

Of course there is apps like OfferUp and such too.

If there was an easy way to get things for dirt cheap, everyone would be doing that and there wouldn't be those dirt cheap things anymore.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Flea markets and garage sales are probably your best bet, once the whole 'rona situation kinda dies down and people will actually be organizing those again.

Swap meets - from the videos i have seen from them - seem to have buyers who ask a lot more money.

At the moment, your best bet probably still is contacting those FB market sellers and seeing if they can meet halfway; but for the real bargains, you do have to do some work (as in, meet with them, instead of having them meet with you..).

Of course there is apps like OfferUp and such too.

If there was an easy way to get things for dirt cheap, everyone would be doing that and there wouldn't be those dirt cheap things anymore.

Hm. What did you mean exactly when you said "Swap meets"? Could you elaborate further? At least I have never heard of OfferUp, so maybe they might give me some hope for accomplishing this little project of mine. :) Yeah, I wish certain things were easier these days, but that's just not the case despite dreamers like myself. Smh.

13 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Also, I'm not a big fan of Ebay for certain reasons

Yeah, I also fucking hate ebay, but it's either this or various buy/sell subreddits.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, I also fucking hate ebay, but it's either this or various buy/sell subreddits.

Hey I feel you, man. :/ But my problem isn't really with Ebay itself; just the shady fools, scammers & what have you. Just gotta be careful. Careful research & digging pays off! 

1 minute ago, Kjennings92 said:

Hey I feel you, man. :/ But my problem isn't really with Ebay itself; just the shady fools, scammers & what have you. Just gotta be careful. Careful research & digging pays off! 

There are tons of legit listings on ebay. Unless you go for the obvious scams, you're fine. Plus, if you do get scammed, ebay/paypal have your back.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

There are tons of legit listings on ebay. Unless you go for the obvious scams, you're fine. Plus, if you do get scammed, ebay/paypal have your back.

True that! I guess you can't suggest/recommend anything additional other than what @minibois said? I'm open other options as long as they're sensible or can just work.

Just now, Kjennings92 said:

Hm. What did you mean exactly when you said "Swap meets"? Could you elaborate further? At least I have never heard of OfferUp, so maybe they might give me some hope for accomplishing this little project of mine. :) Yeah, I wish certain things were easier these days, but that's just not the case despite dreamers like myself. Smh.

Swap meets are usually set on a schedule (like once every month or whatever) where sellers can set up a booth (of course they paid for a spot), usually on a large parking lot and sell stuff. It's like a flea market, but instead for paying people to get a space.

Because it's generally businesses who paid for the spot, they want to make their money back, so generally the items they sell are not cheap.

Oh and I should mention thrift shops too.

Through thrift shops and flea markets was how I got most of my (retro) consoles and handhelds.

But what you could do as well is get into contact with the local video game community. By building a network, you can get some great deals together.

For example, if someone runs across a lot of PS2, Gamecube and XBOX games, but does not need the XBOX games, he could contact the community and see if anyone needs that stuff. That way the guy buying all the games can make a bundle price and the person who needs those games also takes advantage of that bundle price.

Plus by trading within a group, you know you have a worthwhile honest trade too.

What kind of console(s)/handheld(s) are you looking to get?

I am not from the USA and would not be able to sell you anything, but perhaps I have some tips on what to look out for.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Swap meets are usually set on a schedule (like once every month or whatever) where sellers can set up a booth (of course they paid for a spot), usually on a large parking lot and sell stuff. It's like a flea market, but instead for paying people to get a space.

Because it's generally businesses who paid for the spot, they want to make their money back, so generally the items they sell are not cheap.

Oh and I should mention thrift shops too.

Through thrift shops and flea markets was how I got most of my (retro) consoles and handhelds.

But what you could do as well is get into contact with the local video game community. By building a network, you can get some great deals together.

For example, if someone runs across a lot of PS2, Gamecube and XBOX games, but does not need the XBOX games, he could contact the community and see if anyone needs that stuff. That way the guy buying all the games can make a bundle price and the person who needs those games also takes advantage of that bundle price.

Plus by trading within a group, you know you have a worthwhile honest trade too.

What kind of console(s)/handheld(s) are you looking to get?

I am not from the USA and would not be able to sell you anything, but perhaps I have some tips on what to look out for.

Ah, I see. Now I know what a swap meet is.

For the consoles/game platforms I'm after, here's what on my wishlist: Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 3, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Wii U [basically I plan to play all Wii games on the Wii U], Nintendo 3DS, & Nintendo Switch. I'm wanting to get into certain game titles like Sonic since I didn't really have the opportunity to when I was growing up. Just want to enjoy myself nostalgia & all! ;) Lol

BTW, you mentioned a video game community. Can you recommend/suggest any in particular? 

Edited by Kjennings92

1 hour ago, Kjennings92 said:

For the consoles/game platforms I'm after, here's what on my wishlist: Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 3, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Wii U [basically I plan to play all Wii games on the Wii U], Nintendo 3DS, & Nintendo Switch. I'm wanting to get into certain game titles like Sonic since I didn't really have the opportunity to when I was growing up. Just want to enjoy myself nostalgia & all! ;) Lol

The only consoles I could foresee difficult in getting them is the Switch and Wii U.

The Switch simply because it's quite new and still sought after and the Wii U, because it just didn't sell too hot.

You could consider a Wii over the GameCube too, as it can still do all the GameCube things (except for the GameBoy Player), but it also tends to be cheaper (plus you can get component cables for it, without spending 300 USD. The GC component cables look better to be fair).

A GBA can still be had for decent prices. Well, depending on what version you're going for. The AGS-101 is the most expensive (usually at 80+ USD), but an AGS-001 or AGB-001 can be had for nice prices.

Of course a DS is an alternative for GBA/DS games, but it can't play GB/GBC games.

P.S. As for Sonic games, I can recommend Generations, Unleashed (preferably the PS3/Xbox 360 versions), Colors and Forces (if you get it for cheap). I am not really into the 2D Sonic games, so I have no preference there.

Plus you should totally check out Metroid Prime. The first two are on the GameCube, the third on the Wii. Or get the Trilogy for the Wii/Wii U.

1 hour ago, Kjennings92 said:

BTW, you mentioned a video game community. Can you recommend/suggest any in particular? 

It's usually local groups I recommend, since then it's easier to ship items/travel towards them to meetup.

Most groups have a Facebook group or sometimes another chat app group (Discord, WhatsApp, etc.).

You could try to find groups via Facebook, Google, etc. 

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

The only consoles I could foresee difficult in getting them is the Switch and Wii U.

The Switch simply because it's quite new and still sought after and the Wii U, because it just didn't sell too hot.

You could consider a Wii over the GameCube too, as it can still do all the GameCube things (except for the GameBoy Player), but it also tends to be cheaper (plus you can get component cables for it, without spending 300 USD. The GC component cables look better to be fair).

A GBA can still be had for decent prices. Well, depending on what version you're going for. The AGS-101 is the most expensive (usually at 80+ USD), but an AGS-001 or AGB-001 can be had for nice prices.

Of course a DS is an alternative for GBA/DS games, but it can't play GB/GBC games.

P.S. As for Sonic games, I can recommend Generations, Unleashed (preferably the PS3/Xbox 360 versions), Colors and Forces (if you get it for cheap). I am not really into the 2D Sonic games, so I have no preference there.

Plus you should totally check out Metroid Prime. The first two are on the GameCube, the third on the Wii. Or get the Trilogy for the Wii/Wii U.

It's usually local groups I recommend, since then it's easier to ship items/travel towards them to meetup.

Most groups have a Facebook group or sometimes another chat app group (Discord, WhatsApp, etc.).

You could try to find groups via Facebook, Google, etc. 

I'll keep in mind what you said about gaming groups & communities.

BTW, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Based on what you stated, are you trying to tell me that the Wii/Wii U can play GameCube games without any problems? Or did I just misinterpret what you said?

2 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

BTW, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Based on what you stated, are you trying to tell me that the Wii/Wii U can play GameCube games without any problems? Or did I just misinterpret what you said?

Wii U can't play GameCube  games (natively).

A Wii can play all GameCube games. Well.. Gotta make sure it's not the Wii mini (which looks totally different) and gotta make sure it has the GameCube ports on the side. Some of the newer Wii's did not have the GameCube ports.

So if you have a Wii, with GameCube ports, a GameCube controller and (optionally, but preferably) a GameCube memory card; you can totally play GameCube games on a Wii.

image.png.1a1412ded9c339af5d702a4edf67ebd5.png

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Wii U can't play GameCube  games (natively).

A Wii can play all GameCube games. Well.. Gotta make sure it's not the Wii mini (which looks totally different) and gotta make sure it has the GameCube ports on the side. Some of the newer Wii's did not have the GameCube ports.

So if you have a Wii, with GameCube ports, a GameCube controller and (optionally, but preferably) a GameCube memory card; you can totally play GameCube games on a Wii.

image.png.1a1412ded9c339af5d702a4edf67ebd5.png

OK, so as long as I have a regular Wii, then it will work. That makes sense. You said it's preferable that I have a GameCube memory card. Couldn't the Wii be able to do it without a GameCube memory card? Also, if I wanted to play GameCube games on a Wii, wouldn't I just be able to use the controller(s) for the Wii instead or will it not work that way? [You'll have to forgive me as I don't know everything about consoles. I have been learning quite a bit at my own pace, though.]

Edited by Kjennings92

OK, so as long as I have a regular Wii, then it will work. That makes sense. You said it's preferable that I have a GameCube memory card. Couldn't the Wii be able to do it without a GameCube memory card? Also, if I wanted to play GameCube games on a Wii, wouldn't I just be able to use the controller(s) for the Wii instead or will it not work that way? [You'll have to forgive me as I don't know everything about consoles. I have been learning quite a bit at my own pace, though.]

If you do not have a GameCube memory card, you will not be able to save your progress in GameCube games. The same applies to when you're playing GameCube games on a GameCube console.

You need a memory to save your progress (so  it's more of a necessity, rather than a optional piece :P)

If you want to play GameCube games on a Wii, you need a GameCube controller. You can only play the games with a GameCube controller. You do need a Wii controller to start up the GameCube game, but from there; GC controller only.

If you're getting a Wii U and then a Wii or GameCube, it's more of a 'which is cheaper/easier to get' scenario. One doesn't post an inherent improvement over another (well, other than the GameBoy Player on the GC and the fact that a GC almost always comes with a controller+memory card, while the Wii's advantage is that they're easier to get usually and have cheaper component cables, which have better image quality).

5 minutes ago, minibois said:

If you do not have a GameCube memory card, you will not be able to save your progress in GameCube games. The same applies to when you're playing GameCube games on a GameCube console.

You need a memory to save your progress (so  it's more of a necessity, rather than a optional piece :P)

If you want to play GameCube games on a Wii, you need a GameCube controller. You can only play the games with a GameCube controller. You do need a Wii controller to start up the GameCube game, but from there; GC controller only.

If you're getting a Wii U and then a Wii or GameCube, it's more of a 'which is cheaper/easier to get' scenario. One doesn't post an inherent improvement over another (well, other than the GameBoy Player on the GC and the fact that a GC almost always comes with a controller+memory card, while the Wii's advantage is that they're easier to get usually and have cheaper component cables, which have better image quality).

Alright. I believe that all makes sense now. BTW, just to confirm on this topic as well: have I heard correctly that if I wanted to play Wii games on the Wii U for instance, i would actually need to buy both a Wii & Wii U? I think I heard somewhere that this might be what's needed, but don't quote me on that...

Alright. I believe that all makes sense now. BTW, just to confirm on this topic as well: have I heard correctly that if I wanted to play Wii games on the Wii U for instance, i would actually need to buy both a Wii & Wii U? I think I heard somewhere that this might be what's needed, but don't quote me on that...

If you have a Wii U, you can play Wii Games. The only additional items needed are:

- Wii infrared bar (didn't come with all Wii U bundles, so make sure you have that) 

- One (or more) WiiRemotes. There are some Wii games that support using a GameCube controller, that won't work on the Wii U (oh and some games use external peripheral like a dance mat, those plug in via a GameCube port and won't work on the Wii U)

But no, you don't need to get a Wii, to play Wii games on a Wii U. Only need a sensor bar+remote(s).

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

If you have a Wii U, you can play Wii Games. The only additional items needed are:

- Wii infrared bar (didn't come with all Wii U bundles, so make sure you have that) 

- One (or more) WiiRemotes. There are some Wii games that support using a GameCube controller, that won't work on the Wii U (oh and some games use external peripheral like a dance mat, those plug in via a GameCube port and won't work on the Wii U)

But no, you don't need to get a Wii, to play Wii games on a Wii U. Only need a sensor bar+remote(s).

I have heard that if I recall correctly. But isn't this method just as do-able if not simpler? Link:  

2 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

I have heard that if I recall correctly. But isn't this method just as do-able if not simpler? Link:  

Yes, that's possible too. The sensor bar is just more convenient.

People have even been using candles as a replacement to the sensor bar :P 

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yes, that's possible too. The sensor bar is just more convenient.

People have even been using candles as a replacement to the sensor bar :P 

Well, if it works, then it works!  🤷‍♂️ I'd like to thank you for your time & patience to help me out & the advice, suggestions, recommendations you given to me. much appreciated! :D I will definitely keep this conversation in mind once I'm ready.

If you want consoles on the cheap just wait until the PS5 and XBox Series X launch. Since both of those are backwards compatible with current gen, that will completely tank the prices of all versions of PS4 and XBox One.

22 hours ago, Kjennings92 said:

Ah, I see. Now I know what a swap meet is.

I mean if you really want cheap you can put custom firmware on most of those systems.

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you want consoles on the cheap just wait until the PS5 and XBox Series X launch. Since both of those are backwards compatible with current gen, that will completely tank the prices of all versions of PS4 and XBox One.

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestion/tip, but I prefer to try out these consoles & games that I never had when growing up due to very specific/personal reasons. If you want the details to better understand, you can view both of these forum posts I made which explains why this project will mean so much to me.

Link 1: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1185776-wanting-to-get-into-retro-console-gaming-have-questions/page/1/?tab=comments#comment-13538692

Link 2: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/wanting-to-get-into-retro-console-gaming-have-questions/156481/8

Besides, I know it might seem like an odd choice with some of this newer hardware, games & consoles being out, but I personally wouldn't really have much need for something a lot more recent. Plus, I prefer to own physical copies of games as opposed to digital. Nothing personal, it's just a more meaningful, logical choice IMO.

2 hours ago, Kjennings92 said:

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestion/tip, but I prefer to try out these consoles & games that I never had when growing up due to very specific/personal reasons. If you want the details to better understand, you can view both of these forum posts I made which explains why this project will mean so much to me.

Link 1: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1185776-wanting-to-get-into-retro-console-gaming-have-questions/page/1/?tab=comments#comment-13538692

Link 2: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/wanting-to-get-into-retro-console-gaming-have-questions/156481/8

Besides, I know it might seem like an odd choice with some of this newer hardware, games & consoles being out, but I personally wouldn't really have much need for something a lot more recent. Plus, I prefer to own physical copies of games as opposed to digital. Nothing personal, it's just a more meaningful, logical choice IMO.

Since you brought up the 3DS earlier in the thread, I have to say if you do get a 3DS, get a New 3DS XL and skip all the other models. Old 3DS suck because the 3D effect is terrible and hard to keep in focus. New 3DS XL have a face tracking camera that keeps the 3D effect in focus much better. And while not many games implement 3D well, for those that do it's really impressive. For instance, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds just looks mindblowingly good with the 3D effect turned all the way up if you play it on a New 3DS XL. If you turn off the 3D and play in 2D it kind of looks crappy but in 3D it's beautiful. Then even better is Mario Kart 7 on a New 3DS XL. The 3D in it makes it by far my favorite Mario Kart game ever made, much moreso than Mario Kart 8 on WiiU/Switch even, and better than the SNES original I first got hooked on. Mario Golf also looks pretty incredible in 3D. I wasn't that impressed by it in Super Mario 3D Land though. It's kind of cool in Bravely Default, ok in Shin Megami Tensei IV but I could go either way on it for that game.

Also there is one other model called the New 3DS which is a little rarer in the US since it was only sold for Black Friday one year. It has the face tracking camera and thus the stable 3D just like the New 3DS XL, but the screen is smaller. One big upside of the New 3DS (not the New 3DS XL) is swappable faceplates. 

A couple other reasons outside of having good 3D to pick the New 3DS XL would include that New 3DS and New 3DS XL have stereo front facing speakers while New 2DS XL for example has only a single rear facing speaker. Also New 3DS / New 3DS XL / New 2DSXL have a much better cpu than all other models in the 3DS/2DS line. There are a few exclusives for the New 3DS / New 3DS XL / New 2DS XL that will not run on other models, though the only stuff I can think of right off hand is Xenoblade Chronicles and all the Super Nintendo Virtual Console games.

Also don't buy one from Japan unless you want to play Japanese import games in Japanese, because unlike say Playstation Vita or Switch, 3DS is region locked I believe.

Also if you don't know, 3DS will play DS cartridges natively. New Super Mario Bros on DS is freaking great on 3DS.

NewSuperMarioBrothers.jpg

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Since you brought up the 3DS earlier in the thread, I have to say if you do get a 3DS, get a New 3DS XL and skip all the other models. Old 3DS suck because the 3D effect is terrible and hard to keep in focus. New 3DS XL have a face tracking camera that keeps the 3D effect in focus much better. And while not many games implement 3D well, for those that do it's really impressive. For instance, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds just looks mindblowingly good with the 3D effect turned all the way up if you play it on a New 3DS XL. If you turn off the 3D and play in 2D it kind of looks crappy but in 3D it's beautiful. Then even better is Mario Kart 7 on a New 3DS XL. The 3D in it makes it by far my favorite Mario Kart game ever made, much moreso than Mario Kart 8 on WiiU/Switch even, and better than the SNES original I first got hooked on. Mario Golf also looks pretty incredible in 3D. I wasn't that impressed by it in Super Mario 3D Land though. It's kind of cool in Bravely Default, ok in Shin Megami Tensei IV but I could go either way on it for that game.

Also there is one other model called the New 3DS which is a little rarer in the US since it was only sold for Black Friday one year. It has the face tracking camera and thus the stable 3D just like the New 3DS XL, but the screen is smaller. One big upside of the New 3DS (not the New 3DS XL) is swappable faceplates. 

A couple other reasons outside of having good 3D to pick the New 3DS XL would include that New 3DS and New 3DS XL have stereo front facing speakers while New 2DS XL for example has only a single rear facing speaker. Also New 3DS / New 3DS XL / New 2DSXL have a much better cpu than all other models in the 3DS/2DS line. There are a few exclusives for the New 3DS / New 3DS XL / New 2DS XL that will not run on other models, though the only stuff I can think of right off hand is Xenoblade Chronicles and all the Super Nintendo Virtual Console games.

Also don't buy one from Japan unless you want to play Japanese import games in Japanese, because unlike say Playstation Vita or Switch, 3DS is region locked I believe.

Also if you don't know, 3DS will play DS cartridges natively. New Super Mario Bros on DS is freaking great on 3DS.

NewSuperMarioBrothers.jpg

Hm. Since you brought it up, would I be better off going for a 3DS or the New 3DS since it's 1 of the consoles on my wishlist? What would you recommend?

On 5/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, Kjennings92 said:

Well, the console-gaming journey continues. I have definitely made some progress since my last post here, but there are still certain questions & topics yet to be answered.

1. Has anyone here had any experience with GameFlip? I stumbled upon them after doing a Google search, & they appear to be a decent option for getting games & possibly consoles on the cheap. But I'm not so sure. After looking up reviews for them, there are some negative reviews for them as well as certain complaints, but I'm not sure if the reviews I have seen are fake or just what. 🤔 Anyway, I would like to hear from any of you if you have had any dealings or experience with them!

2. I have checked out Ebay & Facebook Marketplace & they have a lot of what I'm looking for. Only problem is the various prices & the distance between me & the seller(s) on FB Marketplace. Also, I'm not a big fan of Ebay for certain reasons. If I had a vehicle of my own, I would be able to travel the distance for some of these FB Marketplace listings. But since I don't & I'm unemployed, that makes it all the more complicated for me.>:( With that being said, I was wondering if anyone could give me any website suggestions/recommendations where I might be able to get games & game consoles for dirt cheap prices without getting ripped-off or scammed in the process? Great, low prices, & excellent selection/availability, etc. BTW, if it helps, I'm located in central Illinois USA. [I recently updated my profile so there shouldn't be any issues if you want some info about me.] 

So yeah, hope you guys have some great suggestions or recommendations! Also, if you need any details which might allow you to help me, go ahead, ask & I'll fill you in! 

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who might be able to help! :D 

Ebay has great buyer protection, if there's anything wrong you shouldn't have much issue getting your money back. 

Game and console prices also depend. Boxed or not, condition and what gen. An N64 costs more than a 360 for example. Games for the N64 start around £20 and go up to the hundreds, PS2 games start for a few quid.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?