Looking To Buy Games & Consoles On The Cheap. Anyone Have Any Suggestions Or Recommendations?

5 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Not on GC but I have on PS1 and PS2. It wasn't good. I tried those mega storage cards when I was younger and they were unreliable for me. I have five official PS1 cards and a couple PS2 cards and they all still work to this day. So I just stand by official.

I'm not saying all the 3rd party stuff are bad. I'm sure there are some gems out there but I just don't feel like risking it. I don't mind having to swap memory cards. it feels nostalgic anyway lol.

Hm. I see. So I guess your overall opinion is that the originals are just generally better. That's fair. But what I'm wondering is do they cost an arm & a leg depending on what you're after & where you live, etc.?

6 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Hm. I see. So I guess your overall opinion is that the originals are just generally better. That's fair. But what I'm wondering is do they cost an arm & a leg depending on what you're after & where you live, etc.?

Pretty much. Plus, they fit better ascetically. 

I don't think they are that expensive. Here, you can get a new GC card for a little over $20 after shipping on eBay.

Yes, you will spend more if you play a lot of games and have to buy multiple cards but at least you know your data is safe.

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Pretty much. Plus, they fit better ascetically. 

I don't think they are that expensive. Here, you can get a new GC card for a little over $20 after shipping on eBay.

Yes, you will spend more if you play a lot of games and have to buy multiple cards but at least you know your data is safe.

Understood. Well, I will have to think about this for a little before I actually make my decision. Thank you very much! 😀

1 hour ago, Kjennings92 said:

Understood. Well, I will have to think about this for a little before I actually make my decision. Thank you very much! 😀

No problem man. Hope it works out for you, whichever route you choose.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would update this post here with another part of the topic: For the Nintendo Wii U, I'm thinking of going with the Deluxe Set which provides a bit more storage. But I'm not sure if it comes with a Wii Remote, any Nunchucks or even with a Sensor Bar by default. (In case anyone is wondering, I plan to play the Wii titles on the Wii U as I've heard you can do so.) 🤔 Can anyone help clarify this for me? 

Edited by Kjennings92