What is validated since PCB and validated since BIOS?

Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

I believe Validated since PCB means that the CPU has been validated to work since the motherboard has existed, basically on the original BIOS version. Validated since BIOS means that the CPU has been validated to work after updating to a new BIOS version. 

Recently I was looking at a mobo ROG strix X570 E gaming  on ASUS offical website .

In that ASUS CPU support , there was a column named "validated since PCB" and in this column all entries were "ALL"

can anyone help me what was meaning of these entries of vadiated since PCB column!!

Here is the link -https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_CPU/

15893604963573662013014920901876.jpg

3 minutes ago, pokeychip said:

Recently I was looking at a mobo ROG strix X570 E gaming  on ASUS offical website .

In that ASUS CPU support , there was a column named "validated since PCB" and in this column all entries were "ALL"

can anyone help me what was meaning of these entries of vadiated since PCB column!!

Here is the link -https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_CPU/

15893604963573662013014920901876.jpg

Validated since pcb (and this is my assumption ) Im pretty sure it means that is it compatible with the cpu (all of zen products in this case ) out of the box 

And validated since since bios I would assume means it is also compatible but after the bios update 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I believe Validated since PCB means that the CPU has been validated to work since the motherboard has existed, basically on the original BIOS version. Validated since BIOS means that the CPU has been validated to work after updating to a new BIOS version. 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Validated since pcb (and this is my assumption ) Im pretty sure it means that is it compatible with the cpu (all of zen products in this case ) out of the box 

And validated since since bios I would assume means it is also compatible but after the bios update 

Can u explain what is that ALL means here in the image ?

7 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Can u explain what is meant by " All " in the image ?

That ALL PCB revisions support it (in case there are more than one)

Sometimes there are different hardware revisions of the "same" board. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

11 minutes ago, pokeychip said:

Can u explain what is meant by " All " in the image ?

I think Kilrah is correct, it probably means that all versions of a motherboard support that CPU. On some, or all I'm not sure, motherboards there is a version number, usually v1.0. If the manufacturer needs to change something about the motherboard, they will make a new version, like v1.1 or v2.0 or something similar.