Used price Parts sale question.

Im planning to sell a 1700x, 1070, b450 gaming tomahawk, 16gb 3200mhz ddr4 trident red/black for 800

CAD and im wondering if this is reasonable or should I charge less or more?

Thanks.

Way too much.

You'd be looking at maybe $600 at most.

edit- glanced over the 1070.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, bestghost_potato said:

@Slottr So for all of it most i would get is 400?

I edited my post, missed the 1070.

Though I stand by that you're thinking of too much

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Is this already built as a working system or just separate? The value goes up if the system is working

I would say around 500 if your looking for a quick sale but you could probably get around 600

My life

These sorts of questions never go well here.  A lot of people here are eBay resellers and opinions can vary wildly.

you got two choices: part it out or sell as a unit.   If you sell as a unit and it’s not an appealing machine the only person that will buy it is a reseller who will part it out.  They will want to be paid for their trouble too so they’re not going to pay much.  If you want top dollar you’re going to have to take the thing apart, auction the parts separately and mail them out.  If you don’t want to do that the only chance if you getting near top dollar is if someone by bare chance is looking for exactly the machine you want to sell. Looking at the machine I’d say the chances of that are pushing zero, so part it out or wholesale.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you want top dollar you’re going to have to take the thing apart

agreed, and it will sell faster too

21 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

agreed, and it will sell faster too

Slower, actually, because there’s always some part no one wants.  There’s a reason people do it as a job.  It’s work.   

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Slower, actually, because there’s always some part no one wants.  There’s a reason people do it as a job.  It’s work.   

I have no issues getting rid of computer parts... old 775 boards, 1155s, 1151, amd am3 boards, memory, video cards, CPUs, etc... People even buy stuff that does not work.   I also sell a lot of TV electronics too, but the computer stuff usually moves the fastest. I even can make money on a VCRs believe it or not.  It was a hobby that now seems to take more and more of my time bordering on a slight addiction finding stuff to flip. 

5 hours ago, bestghost_potato said:

Im planning to sell a 1700x, 1070, b450 gaming tomahawk, 16gb 3200mhz ddr4 trident red/black for 800

CAD and im wondering if this is reasonable or should I charge less or more?

Thanks.

You must put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer... 

check out pcpartpicker and see what can 800$ get for a new buyer. 

Will this computer outperform your system? will it be equal performing? (again weight this as a buyer so if e.g youtube footage of those parts shows 5-10FPS difference towards the new system then although in general you can say its "equal" a buyer wouldnt judge it as equal he would judge it as better because he/she wants to get most bang for buck by the purchase) 

So you have to lower the price (mind that a buyer who is going to browse used parts is going into that market with the mentality of getting a better deal compared to retail, so he expects to get something better performing for less compared to new retail parts) 

Also he/she is taking a risk doesnt know the condition + warranties may be expired which needs you to address that as a seller by lowering the price in order to give incentive. 

e.g I have seen lots of people selling FX 8350 rigs at similar amounts of money one would buy a ryzen 3 rig but they just dont realise that not only the performance is better (although slightly) towards the ryzen cpu rig it will have factory warranty and support new technologies so there is no way to sell them at similar prices... 

keyword is incentive. 

Think of an amount you believe as fair, go and check what a consumer could buy in retail prices for new stuff (look for the cheapest offer using pcpartpicker for example ) if it ends up performing better or equal then you need to lower your pricetag (and by lowering I mean something like atleast 50 bucks nobody is going to want to deal with less if he can buy something new and better for 50$ more) 

Incentive I say it again focus on that word. 

Last but not least you mentioned that you are going to use your system until it feels more lagy since you cant sell it at 800... well its your system and you do whatever you want with it but I encourage you to think of that strategy again. 

Because if you gonna keep it for more time it means that its resale value will decrease further maybe reaching 0

So at the time you are willing to go for an upgrade you might end up spending more since you cant sell your parts or you sell them at an even lower price tag. 

So do the above steps I mentioned and you will end up with a figure that will incentivize  someone to buy your rig maybe you wont like that figure but just use it lets say its 550$ (just an example) 

And think having that 550$ right now  available how much more you need to add on top of that so that you can upgrade to new parts that will satisfy you? 

lets say its an other 600$... So that means that if you sell now your current gear you will have the gear you want with 600$

if you dont sell now it means that when you finally end up upgrading you need to spent about 750$ to 900$ to get the same gear ( yea 550+600 dont add up to 900$ but since we are talking about the future I lowered the prices of that same new gear a bit 

So you end up spending more while having to use your old gear (so less performance)  for an other year or so.