Did I Fry my Motherboard?

I was setting up a new pc and I made a very stupid mistake and with the pc still on I plugged in my fans header into the spot labelled TPM on my motherboard and the entire PC just shut off and now wont turn back on did I just fry my motherboard?

EDIT: Would the RAM, CPU or GPU be affected??

2 minutes ago, realantisocial said:

I was setting up a new pc and I made a very stupid mistake and with the pc still on I plugged in my fans header into the spot labelled TPM on my motherboard and the entire PC just shut off and now wont turn back on did I just fry my motherboard?

Very likely you bricked the board. That's the security module in fact.

Most modern board have protection in place of this. Don't panic man, I once shorted the VRMs on an old AMD FX board, a day later it worked fine. There's only one way to find out though, go ahead and double check everything, take out your GPU and leave only one stick of RAM, then turn it on.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

5 minutes ago, Nas said:

Most modern board have protection in place of this. Don't panic man, I once shorted the VRMs on an old AMD FX board, a day later it worked fine. There's only one way to find out though, go ahead and double check everything, take out your GPU and leave only one stick of RAM, then turn it on.

too late on the freaking out part lol and the board wont turn on at all 

1 minute ago, realantisocial said:

too late on the freaking out part lol and the board wont turn on at all 

unplug the board from power & press the power button a few times. reset cmos and then try turning it on again.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Very likely you bricked the board. That's the security module in fact.

gigabyte ga-h110m-a is the model of the board do you think theres any protection on this 

8 minutes ago, Stuttgart said:

unplug the board from power & press the power button a few times. reset cmos and then try turning it on again.

didnt work wont turn on :(

6 minutes ago, realantisocial said:

leave it unplugged for like 10 minutes to an hour. sometime it takes a while for the juice to completely leave the board. also check nearby components for any signs of burning.

5 minutes ago, realantisocial said:

Congrats! You bricked it!

You could try returning it saying it was "DoA", but thats up to you and your conscience.
Just take it as a lesson and read those small tiny letters above/under the connector first before you plug something in, and when in doubt: Read the Manual.
Most Mainboards are really forgiving but there are some parts that can brick the Mainboard, and you found one of these.

But overall, take it easy. It was "only" a 50$ Motherboard. :/

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

leave it unplugged for like 10 minutes to an hour. sometime it takes a while for the juice to completely leave the board. also check nearby components for any signs of burning.

I will try it i mean the only thing I can do now is hope, I didn't smell anything burn on anything so I hope its not completely fried

1 minute ago, realantisocial said:

I will try it i mean the only thing I can do now is hope, I didn't smell anything burn on anything so I hope its not completely fried

that is a good sign, although if it's a cooked i/o chip, its hard to spot sometimes.

10 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that is a good sign, although if it's a cooked i/o chip, its hard to spot sometimes.

FINGERS CROSSED 

1 hour ago, realantisocial said:

Unplug, remove the CMOS battery, then short the clear CMOS jumper with a jumper block or screwdriver (or press the clear CMOS jumper if you have it), then reassemble.

if it fails to turn on after this point, sorry, you destroyed it.

And how did you get a fan on the TPM header?  The TPM header looks absolutely nothing like a fan header.  And why did you try plugging in ANYTHING with the power turned on?  

• does anyone know if the cpu or gpu or ram is affected?

7 minutes ago, realantisocial said:
  • does anyone know if the cpu or gpu or ram is affected?

it's unlikely that they are damaged, but can't know for 100% unless tested. i would assume they are fine.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

it's unlikely that they are damaged, but can't know for 100% unless tested. i would assume they are fine.

alright thanks man