Motherboard has an additional 4 pin connector but the power supply does not should I be worried?

Motherboard has an additional 4 pin connector but power supply does not should I be worried?

What motherboard, CPU and PSU?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mitzy said:

Motherboard has an additional 4 pin connector but power supply does not should I be worried?

system specs.

(You can use your signature. Click your name upper left, click account settings. On the left in the middle, edit signature.)

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

system specs.

(You can use your signature. Click your name upper left, click account settings. On the left in the middle, edit signature.)

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

What motherboard, CPU and PSU?

Gigabyte z390 aorus pro WIFI

I7 9700k

Corsair rmx 650 watt power supply

2 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Gigabyte z390 aorus pro WIFI

I7 9700k

Corsair rmx 650 watt power supply

No, the extra 4-pin is useless in this case. The single 8-pin can supply up to 384W of power, which you won't be reaching with that board and a 9700K unless you're planning on LN2 overclocking. You're good with just the 8-pin.

1 minute ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Yes you should bcs your motherboard will not get enough power.

Not true

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

No, the extra 4-pin is useless in this case. The single 8-pin can supply up to 384W of power, which you won't be reaching with that board and a 9700K unless you're planning on LN2 overclocking. You're good with just the 8-pin.

Not true

What’s LN2 overclocking ?

3 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Overclocking to the extreme using liquid nitrogen as cooling solution.

9 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Extreme overclockers use liquid nitrogen (which is what LN2 stands for) to get to subzero temps on CPUs (among other components) in order to reach frequencies which you couldn't with regular air or water cooling, because of thermal constraints.

7 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

He will have enough power to start CPU, but he will start having problems with additional fans with AIO and do not even try to OC bcs there goes his PC

It's not true. As I said previously, unless you're extreme overclocking, there's no way you can pass the 384W the single 8-pin can supply (or even 480W on some connectors, not sure if that kind is present on OP's board). Even if you overclock a 9900K you'll run into thermal limitations long before you pass even ~250W on most cooling solutions.

There's surely people that know more than me that also confirmed that there's no point in having more than an 8-pin on mainstream consumer grade motherboards, so if you don't believe me, I'd look into it some more. Buildzoid talked a fair bit about it iirc when all the X570 boards launched and they all had 8+4 EPS on them.

it seams you didnt understand what he asked for.

It seems that you don't know what you're talking about..Good taste in tv though :D

2 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Motherboard has an additional 4 pin connector but power supply does not should I be worried? his words not my read it again. guy have only one 4 pin conector he probably have some cheapo shit PSU

No it’s a Corsair rmx model the best model of out of Corsair rmx excluding the txm  models 

Just now, Mitzy said:

It’s decent isn’t it many people recommend the rmx psu 

It's good, don't mind him.

Just now, nox_ said:

It's good, don't mind him.

Ye I know should have no problems I reckon

So you have 4 PCI conectors, so whats the problem take two 4pins conectors  and plug thm it in damn motherboard. :)

It’s got 1 4 pin connector not an 8 connector silly read the original post and title dude 

3 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

It’s got 1 4 pin connector

Sure about that?

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

Sure about that?

1 eps pin connector 

1 minute ago, Mitzy said:

That is correct as I saw it on pc partpcicker 

Don't worry, just listen to what @Mateyyysaid.

Just now, nox_ said:

Don't worry, just listen to what @Mateyyysaid.

Ah ok thx