Do I need soundcard for ZM1 Mic

SacredChili

Planning on picking up the ZM 1 Mic and was wondering if u guys thought I needed to buy a cheapo soundard with it like this? http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-XONAR-Headphone-Audio-Card/dp/B0045JHJSS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393046314&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=xoanr+dg . Would this improve it at all? I looked at a few videos and the mic sounded pretty good for the price its at and I wasnt sure if those guys were using soundcards or not. I would only use this for like VOIP and skype. Btw I have the onboard soundcard that came with my motherboard because i didnt need one. I gots dt 880 with fiio e10 :3.

It'd be far better to put that money into a good desktop mic if the Zalman isn't good enough for your usage. $40 gets you a Blue Snowflake which is all you'd need for VoIP.

It'd be far better to put that money into a good desktop mic if the Zalman isn't good enough for your usage. $40 gets you a Blue Snowflake which is all you'd need for VoIP.

I have the blue snow flake right now. But it picks up ALLLL the damn noise from my keyboard. I dont know why LOL. But my friends on skype were flippin out cause it was so loud and obnoxious. Im not even using mx blues, im using mx reds and apparently its loud. Anyway I can fix that?

I have the blue snow flake right now. But it picks up ALLLL the damn noise from my keyboard. I dont know why LOL. But my friends on skype were flippin out cause it was so loud and obnoxious. Im not even using mx blues, im using mx reds and apparently its loud. Anyway I can fix that?

change your skype setting to not manual

. skype trys to pick up everything if u dont talk

I'm just gonna post that image I posted in the other thread about this topic. 

kodiak-promo-main_0000_Evolution-of-Push

I'm just gonna post that image I posted in the other thread about this topic. 

kodiak-promo-main_0000_Evolution-of-Push

I honest to god didn't know skype had a ptt feature........... -.- Thanks.

You can mute on skype call and use the Push to Mute feature and it will act like a PTT