Keyboard Suggestions

Syralys

I've been using the Logitech G910 since it's original release. I have been coming to the point where I get double clicking on some keys especially the WASD, The keys around it, and the space bar. Needless to say the keyboard has served me for every dollar it was worth. So I'm looking for suggestions now. I've only ever used Logitech peripherals keyboard, mouse, and headset. Mostly because my OCD kicks in when I see different logos in front of me and I haven't been able to shake it. So I'm willing to go to Razer, Corsair, Steelseries, etc to make this change. I know it's not a needed thing to use the same thing for all peripherals, but honestly I think it might be time to break away from Logitech to give someone else a try.

Play, MMOs, RPGs, Shoorters. Basically everything

Current Peripherals:

Keyboard: G910

Mouse: G604

Headset: G533

do you have a budget? 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

The new CORSAIR K95 Platinum XT looks to be a good option based on what you're currently using.  It comes with 6 programmable dedicated macro keys, PBT double-shot keycaps, and a very comfortable padded wrist rest.  Available with Cherry MX Brown switches, most similar to your Romer G's, but you also have choice of MX Blues or MX Speeds.  If you have existing Corsair DIY components in your build, it will use the same iCUE software for programming the keyboard.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

18 hours ago, Oswin said:

do you have a budget? 

Budget is up to $500 for peripherals since they are a bit pricey. :)  Thanks for your response.

9 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

The new CORSAIR K95 Platinum XT looks to be a good option based on what you're currently using.  It comes with 6 programmable dedicated macro keys, PBT double-shot keycaps, and a very comfortable padded wrist rest.  Available with Cherry MX Brown switches, most similar to your Romer G's, but you also have choice of MX Blues or MX Speeds.  If you have existing Corsair DIY components in your build, it will use the same iCUE software for programming the keyboard.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

I don't really use the macro keys on my G910 the only thing I really use that has the extra macros is the G604 mouse. Sorry I didn't say much about that. I should have said more about it. Thanks for your response and suggestion though I will look into the K95 Platinum you suggested. How close to comfort presses or feedback do the Brown switches have to the Blue? I never used them specifically in any keyboard only ones I ever owned were membrane, Red and now the Romer G.

21 hours ago, Syralys said:

I've been using the Logitech G910 since it's original release. I have been coming to the point where I get double clicking on some keys especially the WASD, The keys around it, and the space bar. Needless to say the keyboard has served me for every dollar it was worth. So I'm looking for suggestions now. I've only ever used Logitech peripherals keyboard, mouse, and headset. Mostly because my OCD kicks in when I see different logos in front of me and I haven't been able to shake it. So I'm willing to go to Razer, Corsair, Steelseries, etc to make this change. I know it's not a needed thing to use the same thing for all peripherals, but honestly I think it might be time to break away from Logitech to give someone else a try.

Current Peripherals:

I got an Bloody Gaming B975 for $51 off ebay. I'll let you know how it feels and how the software feels.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:21 AM, Syralys said:

Current Peripherals:

I would go for hyperx alloy FPS pro mechanical keyboard I personally use it my self I got it in Black Friday sale for like £50 cheaper than the original price which was £91 so I saved about like £41  and It does the trick for every game I play on my pc and I would definitely buy the keyboard again Here’s the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-HX-KB1BL1-UK-A2-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01M7RA0W3

I’m my opinion it is more than worth it

On 5/7/2020 at 12:00 AM, Syralys said:

Budget is up to $500 for peripherals since they are a bit pricey. :)  Thanks for your response.

I don't really use the macro keys on my G910 the only thing I really use that has the extra macros is the G604 mouse. Sorry I didn't say much about that. I should have said more about it. Thanks for your response and suggestion though I will look into the K95 Platinum you suggested. How close to comfort presses or feedback do the Brown switches have to the Blue? I never used them specifically in any keyboard only ones I ever owned were membrane, Red and now the Romer G.

If the macro keys aren't a hard set feature you need, your options open up to include the K70 MK.2 as well.  It's a standard size keyboard opposed to an extended, and also comes with Brown switches as an option.  Cherry MX Browns and Blues will have a similar feel, with the main difference being the audible click you hear with Blues.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I do have a Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent Switches that I bought for only $99 I used for a little over 2 years before the space bar stopped working and couldntspacebetweenwordsanymore.. Immediately began searching for a new keyboard that was within my price range and not overkill so I decided to try the Logitech G513 Carbon with their GX blue switches and I love it. The Logitech is really nice but its RGB features I find to be the only thing lacking. Metal surface with their clicky switches are some pros with it. I don't even use macros so a keyboard that did not have them was one of the things I was looking for. 

I loved my Corsair Strafe and M55 RGB PRO (The PLASTIC pin on one side of the mousewheel broke and had to replace with a nail through the center of the wheel) but decided to switch ships. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"