3900X Ryzen Master error VBS

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

The best temp monitoring program is HwInfo64. It will give you much data.

Ryzen Master also can sometimes give inaccurate readings, just a heads up there.

So, since a couple of days my ryzen master app won't open.

It tells me to disable VBS which is needed to run my virtualised android emulators.

I need the emulator so i am trying to find a way to get temp readings from the cpu. HWMonitor doesnt show it, never has.

I have found some threads with people stating you can bypass the VBS check by editing the hex of the ryzenmaster.exe file but no one has a clear tutorial on how to do it.

Also i read on a couple of sites that cpu temp reading by third party software isnt really accurate on ryzen chips.

Thanks in advance

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Ryzen Master also can sometimes give inaccurate readings, just a heads up there.

I had ryzen master also completely brick my windows install also once (had to boot into safe mode and uninstall it)

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Just now, Ben17 said:

I had ryzen master also completely brick my windows install also once (had to boot into safe mode and uninstall it)

Yep. Been there done that. Once. Never again. won't install it, can't pay me to either lol.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yep. Been there done that. Once. Never again. won't install it, can't pay me to either lol.

agreed!!!!

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

thanks for this. i will be using hwinfo from now on. Has never given it a try but it clearly is the winner here.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

44 minutes ago, BelgianNoise said:

thanks for this. i will be using hwinfo from now on. Has never given it a try but it clearly is the winner here.

Any time. :)

I'm also assuming that you need VBS to run WSL 2?  If that's the case this is a no go for me.