Display Issues with secondhand ASUS GTX 1070

Have had issues since I first put it in a brand new build. It would only work for a day with only a minor tearing issue (as seen in picture) that would sometimes appear. After being on for some time the screen will go dark and the cpu and case fans will start to run at full speed. I tried a different motherboard (same chipset X570) to see if that was the issue but the same thing happened. I DDU the drivers mutiple times and the same issue would happen less then a day. Fresh install of windows only let it work for 2 days instead of 1. No issues in games just will black screen after a random amount of hours. I gave up on it a couple of months ago. I had bought a new GPU and everything works with no problems now but now I want to see if I could get this 1070 to work for a new ITX build before just selling it as broken. I haven't tried opening it up since I didn't want to make things worse and I don't know what is wrong with it.

I have no idea what the problem could be so any advice is appreciated. 

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite Wifi (Also tried with ASUS Prime X570-P)

CPU: Ryzen 3600

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16gb 3600MHz

gtx_1070_screen_tearing.jpg

minor tearing?? that's pretty bad artifact. i'd say its cooked for sure, and if i had to guess, I'd say at least 1 or more ram modules are bad. test it in another pc if you can to confirm.

Okay, I figured it was dead. I will try in another system just to make sure one last time.