Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PNY RTX 2060 Fan at 100%

Opencircuit74

I've had a PNY RTX 2060 in a folding machine for the longest time, and I had disconnected the fan to expose the bare heatsink and put a different one there. Before I did that, there were no problems with the card and the fan control worked fine on my computer.

Now, I have returned the 2060's fan and put it back into my computer, but MSI afterburner won't control the fan speed whatsoever. I believe the controller/connector isn't broken, as the fan runs at normal speeds without a driver or before the driver is loaded in windows. 

I've run DDU on my old driver and installed the latest one, but I haven't noticed any change in the fan speed.

Help would be appreciated.

Tag me @Opencircuit74 or quote me if you want me to respond, message me if you want me to spec out a decent low-budget build. (US) CPU: I7-6700k RAM: 32GB (8X4) DDR4-3000 GPU: PNY RTX 2060 MOBO: ASUS Z170-A PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: NZXT S340 White Cooler: Cooler Master Lite 240 AIO

2 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

Which fan did you use ?

I had two system fans pointed at the heatsink, as I didn't want to wear out the OG fan from folding 24/7.

Tag me @Opencircuit74 or quote me if you want me to respond, message me if you want me to spec out a decent low-budget build. (US) CPU: I7-6700k RAM: 32GB (8X4) DDR4-3000 GPU: PNY RTX 2060 MOBO: ASUS Z170-A PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: NZXT S340 White Cooler: Cooler Master Lite 240 AIO