New YouTube interface worse then the old?

orangecat

This is new? I've had it for the past couple weeks already :(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Yes.It's kinda broken.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

TBH for the past year or so it's been pretty shit the UI for Youtube. I want the old "simplified" UI. It fucking worked!!! 

As the saying, goes... "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it" Bitch!!  ;)

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

it really isn't too bad however they did in their previous layout nail it down

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I Kind of like it but the medium size player is broken they really need to fix that

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Yes, I don't like it.

29FksLN.png

It's setting off my OCD in multiple ways.

Although the fact that it's now centered is nice, I guess.

THE signature

I just don't care anymore, since Google acquired Youtube it has been redesign after redesign constantly but something is always not working. I don't know how they work there but I don't get their logic. Everything is always broken and rather than fixing it, they just redesign the whole site and leave everything broken, once it becomes semi stable they redesign again...

It always getting worse and I'm getting sick to death with making style sheets I'm not even good at it

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Worse because that is the default answer

CPU: Phenom 1090T, Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 RAM: Generic 8GB 1600MHz GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 HDDs: 2 Scavenged 160GB drives (I lost my 500GB one and I don't know how) SSD: Samsung 840 evo120GB  OS: Windows 7 Case: Bitfenix merc beta PSU: Corsair CX 600W

TBH for the past year or so it's been pretty shit the UI for Youtube. I want the old "simplified" UI. It fucking worked!!! 

As the saying, goes... "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it" Bitch!!  ;)

"If it ain't broke, completely redesign it every couple of weeks." - YouTube

Intel Pentium A800501-60 60MHz, 4MB RAM, 160MB Hard Drive, Voodoo Video Card, Windows 3.11 OS

Just use the damn Youtube Center, it's perfect now with the changes.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

"CTRL+Scroll" 

Thank you, 90% actually makes it much less worse. but still, that search bar is completely out of place.

And I think it's still bad design in general, I shouldn't be zooming out to make it look better.

THE signature

I've been hating the new Google and Youtube layouts for like at least a year already! Why can't we go back old schoolz?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

The interface will always be worse until they include a half decent way of discovering new channels... At the moment you have to click a popular video, then look through it's related videos to find one with a small number of views, then look again to find another video with even fewer views... I just want to have an easy way to find new content. A simple "newest channels on YouTube" page would be absolutely perfect. I'm kinda tired of watching all the popular stuff - I want to find somebody who's videos are more laid back. Also it is so hard to stand out in the crowd.

I just think they need a new team entirely tbh.

And ooh, is there a new Tek video? :D

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

T "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it" Bitch!!  ;)

If he doesnt fix it(or improve it), he loses his job. Thats probably what happened.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

The poll needs the option "I don't fucking care".

Signatures are stupid.

Yes. Very much worse. Its broken.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

screw you youtube! im tired ok? stop changing already! im only 19 years old but i feel like an old man at this point, youtube has aged me.. wore me out....  as far as i can tell they have only added a "subscriptions, things to watch" bar at the top, it's annoying extremely pointless and only serves to take up space so i  can view less of my subscriptions, i can only see about 3 videos at a time without scrolling down .. those buttons are at the left! why in gods name would i want a giant white bar for them aswell when they are already there?

it's pointless, the layout just adds more pointless space that isn''t being used for what we are all here for, watching videos!

don't like it, although its centred and stuff, I still dislike the sub bar and all that jazz.  I reckon it would be cool if we could customize it, but nooooo giving some power to the people is a BIG nono

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones