Poor Call of Duty Modern Warfare Performance

jackm1120

Hey everyone,

I have noticed within the last few days modern warfare performance has been extremely poor. Has anyone else noticed this?

Currently, I can turn all settings down to the minimum at 3800x1080@120hz resolution with 60% scaling and I still am getting fps dropping to 50.
A few days ago i had most settings medium to high, 3800x1080 resolution and would get 100fps plus. Not sure what happened....

Specs: titan V, i9 9900Ks, 64gb DDR4 @3600mhz

Unless they've released a patch or fixed their servers in the last 24 hours then almost everyone is experiencing this. I normally get around 110-130 FPS (specs in signature) at 1080p but last I played a couple days ago couldn't get above 15 FPS and the server was lagging hard for everyone in it.

Some one said the fix in this worked for them,

worth a try:

EDIT:  I know the GPU is different, but given there is a widespread issue right now it doesn't hurt to see if the fix isn't GPU dependent.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Your 980s should run it fine, but you should should consider spending $150- $200 on a newer gpu. A single 1650 should give you a noticeably better experience than 2 older GPUs in SLI, and it is a cheap and easy upgrade. Many 1650s can get enough power from your PCIe slot and don't even require a separate power connector.

Here is a link to a solid option:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1650-XS/dp/B081Q6KKDS/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=GTX+1650&qid=1588468585&s=electronics&sr=1-4

1 hour ago, Edward Brinkman said:

Your 980s should run it fine, but you should should consider spending $150- $200 on a newer gpu. A single 1650 should give you a noticeably better experience than 2 older GPUs in SLI, and it is a cheap and easy upgrade. Many 1650s can get enough power from your PCIe slot and don't even require a separate power connector.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1650-XS/dp/B081Q6KKDS/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=GTX+1650&qid=1588468585&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Sorry my signature is outdated—specs listed in post

2 hours ago, Edward Brinkman said:

Even a single 980 is significantly better in performance compared to a 1650. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Even a single 980 is significantly better in performance compared to a 1650. 

Not really. More like 10-ish percent

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

30 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Not really. More like 10-ish percent

Nope, more like 25-50% depending on the game. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3465-dead-on-arrival-nvidia-gtx-1650-video-card-review-vs-rx-570

Regardless,  the person I quoted stated a single 1650 would perform "noticeably better" than two 980s in SLI. Not sure why you chose this hill to nitpick on.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20