gpu benchmark slternstive to pharonix.

My 1070 seams to be slower than my 1060. would like a gui gpu benchmark suggestion please, also something like userbenchmak that would let me compare? want to know if its running slow.

tried cpug/z instant crash.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

1 minute ago, Snowarch said:

My 1070 seams to be slower than my 1060. would like a gui gpu benchmark suggestion please, also something like userbenchmak that would let me compare? want to know if its running slow.

tried cpug/z instant crash.

why GUI based? why not use unigine superposition or the older unigine heaven?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

because, i figured a cli one wouldn't let me compare, and if a cli based app actually makes sense(like a command "stress benchmark -gpu) or something like that where it says what the benchmark is for rather than where pharonix does where its strange names. i do not mind cli if it offers that comparability, as if its running slow may be good to know instead of just seeing numbers.

@VioDuskar

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

You could use gpu-burn for raw numbers, or try to run something on Blender or even some game and then compare against some results on the internet (phoronix itself has many results).

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

Is this GUI enough?

https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

1 minute ago, benitiv said:

you forgot the newest- https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

whuts wrung wth pharoonix?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

okay ill try uengine and post the numbers here when i can. hopefully these will show if its slow 1070 or no. only said gui because of the fact it'd likely have "do what they say commands" instead of what pharonix had where it seams to assume you know a lot about benchmarking  and what overly spasific tasks are instead of a simple "pharonix benchamrk -gpu" command where it stresses the chosen component, and spits out a number on a graph with other's benches of that card. i've never done any benchmarking, nor overclocking, so please excuse my lack of knowing about it if thats not how benchmarks work.

main rig:

backup

5 hours ago, Snowarch said:

okay ill try uengine and post the numbers here when i can. hopefully these will show if its slow 1070 or no. only said gui because of the fact it'd likely have "do what they say commands" instead of what pharonix had where it seams to assume you know a lot about benchmarking  and what overly spasific tasks are instead of a simple "pharonix benchamrk -gpu" command where it stresses the chosen component, and spits out a number on a graph with other's benches of that card. i've never done any benchmarking, nor overclocking, so please excuse my lack of knowing about it if thats not how benchmarks work.

unigine just says "run it" you can pick resolution and stuff, but it's pretty easy to understand.

I don't see whats so wrong with Phoronix, It may not have a GUI, but it does offer what your looking for.

You can do "phoronix-test-suite list-tests" to see available benchmarks.

"phoronix-test-suite list-tests | grep Graphics", will show you just GPU Benchmarks

So you can do something like "phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-super" to run the Unigine Superposition Benchmark.

When its done it will compare it to other test results, from that benchmark, if they are available.  Then output something like below.

Unigine Superposition 1.0:
    pts/unigine-super-1.0.6 [Resolution: 2560 x 1440 - Mode: Windowed - Quality: Ultra - Renderer: OpenGL]
    Test 1 of 1
    Estimated Trial Run Count:    3                      
    Estimated Time To Completion: 12 Minutes [18:15 CDT] 
        Started Run 1 @ 18:04:28
        Started Run 2 @ 18:07:44
        Started Run 3 @ 18:10:57

Resolution: 2560 x 1440 - Mode: Windowed - Quality: Ultra - Renderer: OpenGL:

Average: 21.1 Frames Per Second
    Maximum: 24.3
    Deviation: 0.00%

Result compared to 13 OpenBenchmarking.org samples since 14 June 2018; median result: 19. Box plot of samples:
    [                                     |-----------------------#######################!######--*---------------------------------------------]
                                                              This Result (92nd Percentile): 21.1 ^

From Start to Finish, the questions are fairly simple.

Spoiler

[chris@skittles ~]$ phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-super     

Phoronix Test Suite v9.6.0

To Install:    pts/unigine-super-1.0.6

Determining File Requirements ......................................................................
    Searching Download Caches ..........................................................................

1 Test To Install
        1 File To Download [1566MB]
        2600MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/unigine-super-1.0.6:
        Test Installation 1 of 1
        1 File Needed [1566 MB]
        Downloading: Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run                                              [1566MB]
        Downloading ....................................................................................
        Installation Size: 2600 MB
        Installing Test @ 17:48:54

pts/unigine-super-1.0.6
    Graphics Test Configuration
        1: 800 x 600
        2: 1024 x 768
        3: 1280 x 1024
        4: 1600 x 1200
        5: 1920 x 1080
        6: 1920 x 1200
        7: 2560 x 1440
        8: 4480 x 1440
        9: Test All Options
        ** Multiple items can be selected, delimit by a comma. **
        Resolution: 7

1: Fullscreen
        2: Windowed
        3: Test All Options
        Mode: 2

1: Low
        2: Medium
        3: High
        4: Ultra
        5: Test All Options
        Quality: 4

System Information

PROCESSOR:          AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core @ 4.10GHz
    Core Count:       6                                        
    Thread Count:     12                                       
    Extensions:       SSE 4.2 + AVX2 + AVX + RDRAND + FSGSBASE 
    Cache Size:       512 KB                                   
    Microcode:        0x8701013                                
    Scaling Driver:   acpi-cpufreq ondemand                    

GRAPHICS:           MSI AMD Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 8GB
    Frequency:        2065/875MHz                                          
    OpenGL:           4.6 Mesa 20.2.0-devel (git-3fac55ce0d) (LLVM 11.0.0) 
    Monitor:          C32F391 + HP Pavilion32                              
    Screen:           4480x1440                                            

MOTHERBOARD:        ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
    BIOS Version:     3003                   
    Chipset:          AMD Starship/Matisse   
    Audio:            AMD Navi 10 HDMI Audio 
    Network:          Intel I211             

MEMORY:             32GB

DISK:               1000GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB + 5001GB Seagate ST5000DM000-1FK1
    File-System:      f2fs                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Mount Options:    acl active_logs=6 alloc_mode=default background_gc=on discard extent_cache flush_merge fsync_mode=posix inline_data inline_dentry inline_xattr lazytime mode=adaptive no_heap relatime rw user_xattr 
    Disk Scheduler:   NONE                                                                                                                                                                                                 

OPERATING SYSTEM:   Arch rolling
    Kernel:           5.6.7-16-tkg-pds (x86_64)                                                                       
    Desktop:          KDE Plasma 5.18.4                                                                               
    Display Server:   X Server 1.20.8                                                                                 
    Compiler:         GCC 9.3.0 + Clang 11.0.0 + LLVM 11.0.0                                                          
    Security:         itlb_multihit: Not affected                                                                     
                      + l1tf: Not affected                                                                            
                      + mds: Not affected                                                                             
                      + meltdown: Not affected                                                                        
                      + spec_store_bypass: Mitigation of SSB disabled via prctl and seccomp                           
                      + spectre_v1: Mitigation of usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization            
                      + spectre_v2: Mitigation of Full AMD retpoline IBPB: conditional STIBP: conditional RSB filling 
                      + tsx_async_abort: Not affected                                                                 

Would you like to save these test results (Y/n): Y
    Enter a name for the result file: testing
    Enter a unique name to describe this test run / configuration: A

If desired, enter a new description below to better describe this result set / system configuration under test.
Press ENTER to proceed without changes.

Current Description: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core testing with a ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (3003 BIOS) and MSI AMD Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 8GB on Arch rolling via the Phoronix Test Suite.

New Description: 

pts/unigine-super-1.0.6 [Resolution: 2560 x 1440 - Mode: Windowed - Quality: Ultra - Renderer: OpenGL]
    Test 1 of 1
    Estimated Trial Run Count:    3                      
    Estimated Time To Completion: 12 Minutes [18:15 CDT] 
        Started Run 1 @ 18:04:28
        Started Run 2 @ 18:07:44
        Started Run 3 @ 18:10:57

Resolution: 2560 x 1440 - Mode: Windowed - Quality: Ultra - Renderer: OpenGL:

Average: 21.1 Frames Per Second
    Maximum: 24.3
    Deviation: 0.00%

Result compared to 13 OpenBenchmarking.org samples since 14 June 2018; median result: 19. Box plot of samples:
    [                                     |-----------------------#######################!######--*---------------------------------------------]
                                                              This Result (92nd Percentile): 21.1 ^

Do you want to view the results in your web browser (Y/n): y
    Would you like to upload the results to OpenBenchmarking.org (y/n): y
    Would you like to attach the system logs (lspci, dmesg, lsusb, etc) to the test result (y/n): n

Results Uploaded To: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/2005027-NI-TESTING8831
    Do you want to launch OpenBenchmarking.org (Y/n): n

@VioDuskar yeah, i figured, i should of formatted that better. i meant the if theres a cli app that made sense in its command formatting i wouldn't of mined it. for your question on why gui. 

but yes, uengine seams easy enough.

@Nayr438again, you need to know what other program you want it to run. pharonix seams to act more like a database to download the benchmarking tools in one place rather than its own benchmarking tool. if you do not know the program you need per component, no way to use it, as its my first time benchmarking, and im only doing it out of worrying performance from minecraft with bsl shaders, don't know much. thats why i can't use pharonix. 

main rig:

backup

20 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

@VioDuskar yeah, i figured, i should of formatted that better. i meant the if theres a cli app that made sense in its command formatting i wouldn't of mined it. for your question on why gui. 

but yes, uengine seams easy enough.

@Nayr438again, you need to know what other program you want it to run. pharonix seams to act more like a database to download the benchmarking tools in one place rather than its own benchmarking tool. if you do not know the program you need per component, no way to use it, as its my first time benchmarking, and im only doing it out of worrying performance from minecraft with bsl shaders, don't know much. thats why i can't use pharonix. 

That is basically what it is. The main advantage is that it runs the tests with set settings, then stores the results to a database.

But it gives you the ability to compare those results against others. So in the same scenario with my Graphics Card, settings, etc..., I averaged 21.1 FPS, which is higher than the average 19 FPS. This is probably as close as you will get to something like userbenchmark.

it didn't do the compare thing. is this good for a 1070? keep in mind, it didn't use the full memory clock (gddr5x) just went half speed, but the graphics clock was 1800+ i assume the half speed memory clock was opengl 4.0 to blame. or at least hope. that was driver 430. hope the fix 430 for steam soon, or add a working 440 to the ppa.

Screenshot_from_2020-05-02_19-34-08.thumb.png.040c693a3540389c59dbcd2f1123fee3.png

main rig:

backup

glad that it worked for you!

I don't know much about recent hardware and benchmark points, but just for the luls, I might run this benchmark myself later so that you can compare it to my inferior RX470 lol.

Anyway, I realized you are running a kind of dated kernel. Is this intentional? You might get a performance boost if you run a more up to date kernel.

Also, what driver are you using?

Edit: Also, once again I'm not into hardware and benchmarking, but I think it is most common to run the benchmark on the a preset like let's say "extreme (HD)" so that everyone has a base to compare. Looks like you are running it on custom settings?

the ultra was capped at that resolution, heres 1080p fullscreen so thats why it says cudtomIMG_20200502_200733.thumb.jpg.a2b230811b679ae75eef8cfbd801f92e.jpg

main rig:

backup

@benitiv i just explained last post. sorry posted as you did and didn't tag. heaven ultra was capped at the resolution in the first screen shot. so i coppied the ultra predet settings and changed reslution to 1080p, so thats why 2nd says custom. is 2000 good?

as for the kournel, call me when they make a unity ubuntu flavor, then ill update. for now everything runs, also the icons in unity on 18+ are kinda ugly, so i'd rather not.

main rig:

backup

20 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

the ultra was capped at that resolution, heres 1080p fullscreen so thats why it says cudtom

oh, I was not aware of that.

I ran the benchmark on my inferior system just for fun: I got 1340 points yeeeeh :D

- So yeah let's wait for the other guys and let them judge on your numbers, I'm not a good reference point

About the kernel: I like your approach "it runs so I won't change it" So you got your reasons and I really respect that. Just an addition: afaik the kernel has no impact on your desktop environment.

37 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

the ultra was capped at that resolution, heres 1080p fullscreen so thats why it says cudtom

I ran the benchmark on my inferior system just for fun: I got 1340 points yeeeeh :D

- So yeah let's wait for the other guys and let them judge on your numbers, I'm not a good reference point

About the kernel: I like your approach "it runs so I won't change it" So you got your reasons and I really respect that. Just an addition: afaik the kernel has no impact on your desktop environment.

EDIT: I ran the Superposition Benchmark earlier today and I realized that there are public leader boards for comparison:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/

Might make it easier to compare! Just search for your graphics card and see what it offers

EDIT2: sorry for double post (fat fingers)

48 minutes ago, benitiv said:

EDIT: I ran the Superposition Benchmark earlier today and I realized that there are public leader boards for comparison:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/

Might make it easier to compare! Just search for your graphics card and see what it offers

EDIT2: sorry for double post (fat fingers)

Keep in mind most of those results are for windows, and don't make a direct comparison.

OpenBenchmark is a better place to compare, however they don't have enough Unigine Heaven Benchmarks to display anything.

Unigine Superposition will be your best bet for comparison. Just match the settings to one of the tests.

https://openbenchmarking.org/showdown/pts/unigine-super

Unigine Heaven, no results

https://openbenchmarking.org/showdown/pts/unigine-heaven

i don't have vr hardware, so will it still work? @Nayr438

main rig:

backup

1 minute ago, Snowarch said:

Yes. I also do not have VR hardware.

2 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

I don't have VR hardware and used it via the test suite, btw that's the database it reports to and compares from. Clunky Site.

I think it just offers VR benchmarking for those who do have it.

did y'alls look like this?IMG_20200502_221233.thumb.jpg.c2417dc0880343c48d48791b8ede2a3e.jpg

main rig:

backup

it oversized the ui. 

main rig:

backup