The G-Sync Experience!

Hello LTT Community,

Recently today I went to an Asus/Nvidia event where they were showcasing different things about Nvidia and Asus, for example, they were showcasing Steam Boxes, the new GTX 750Ti and a G-Sync monitor and non-G-sync one to compare. The results were actually impressive, looking back and forth from the one with and without G-Sync, you actually get to see what are the differences between turning V-Sync on/off and then getting stuttering ( v-sync on ) or tearing ( v-sync off ). I then looked over to the right where the G-Sync monitor was and it was such a smooth picture, I finally see why you have to experience this in real life, it is only something the eye sees. I recommend trying G-Sync at least once whether it be at CES or a Nvidia event.

Thanks,

James

I experience a ton of screen tearing and V-Sync issues, so I know G-Sync is going to be amazing the first time it was announced.  

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz and 1.120 V | Stock Cooler <--- This will change soon. | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB ACX Superclocked | Crucial M4 128 GB Solid State Drive | Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB Hard Disk Drive | Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze Power Supply | HP 24x DVD Burner | LG 24x DVD Burner | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard | Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse | Rocketfish Gaming Mousepad | Samsung SyncMaster S27B350 27" Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Speaker System | Turtle Beach PX21 Headset | 

I'm still not sure about G-Sync: It's really expensive and my gaming experience is fine already.

I can't wait for a cheap G-Sync Monitor

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Yeah, I just hope what we're seeing now price-wise is some sort of early adopter tax that will go away relatively soon.

one thing that I can hope for is NVIDIA bringing this tech to HDTVs. 

32" PC gaming is just perfect for me. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I can't wait until G-Sync becomes more widely adopted. If they had non TN-panels I would be more enticed to buy one. 

The reason G-Sync might outlast Mantle is because G-Sync will be adding to he experience every time. Mantle does not.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Does gsync only benefit the end user when the game is running at significantly higher frames than the reresh of the monitor?

Does gsync only benefit the end user when the game is running at significantly higher frames than the reresh of the monitor?

The point of it is that when you have a low framerate the image is still smooth.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

No it benefits them when it is running below the refresh rate. The refresh rate lowers to match the fps output of the card so there is no discrepancy between the refresh and the frame.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"